Shoutbox

How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) (/showthread.php?tid=74168)

How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by Ninfa on 05-04-2007 at 11:31 PM

Hey, does anyone know how to ALWAYS appear offline to a certain contact? even if my status in online..? is that possible, if yes... how? Please help me.

RE: How To... by Thor on 05-04-2007 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninfa
Hey, does anyone know how to ALWAYS appear offline to a certain contact? even if my status in online..? is that possible, if yes... how? Please help me.
You could block him.
But there's no way to just appear offline for one specific contact, sorry. :)
RE: How To... by Ninfa on 05-04-2007 at 11:34 PM

I don't wanna block :P but thanks for answering Nitro.

RE: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by Rolando on 05-05-2007 at 01:25 AM

You can block them and use StuffPlug's feature to talk to blocked contacts... it's the same thing. :)

RE: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by Volv on 05-05-2007 at 04:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninfa
I don't wanna block :P
According to your first post you do. Maybe describe the purpose further and we may be able to help you further because as far as we know, blocking the contact is exactly what you're asking for...
RE: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by chocotea on 07-10-2007 at 06:47 PM

Sorry, bringing back a slightly out of date thread here, but have come across it while searching for similar...

I'm not 100% sure on how blocking works. Does a person who is blocked know they are blocked unless they go actively searching for who has blocked them?

I just want to be able to appear invisible to a couple of people at times I choose without them being able to see I've blocked them. People in question being guys from work who bombard me with work-related stuff when I'm online in the evening.

When I want to talk work with them, I will be at work, I don't want it at 9.00 in the evening in a constant stream of babble interrupting me all the time.

RE: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by Voldemort on 07-10-2007 at 07:00 PM

No one can see if you have blocked them....

RE: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by chocotea on 07-10-2007 at 07:04 PM

Fab, thanks Voldemort, that's brilliant.

RE: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by Butcher_ss on 07-14-2007 at 05:56 PM

I have had people adding me to conversations where one of the participants was someone i had blocked, that was embarassing :$, i hope nothing like that happens to you :D

RE: RE: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by helpsadie on 08-18-2007 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
You can block them and use StuffPlug's feature to talk to blocked contacts... it's the same thing. :)

if u do this.....what status does it show u as.....offline? or online?
RE: How To... (appear offline to only 1 contact) by Sunshine on 08-18-2007 at 11:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by helpsadie
quote:
Originally posted by q25

if u do this.....what status does it show u as.....offline? or online?

Well what status does your contact see when you block them? :P