Shoutbox

Unable to receive messages when conversation is inactive - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Unable to receive messages when conversation is inactive (/showthread.php?tid=74334)

Unable to receive messages when conversation is inactive by FiX on 05-12-2007 at 10:23 PM

Hi,

I've got a weird problem with my msn (8.1 + newest plus). I'm able to send messages to all my contacts, but they can't send any messages to me. The can only reply to my messages after I've opened a conversation.

If they try to send me a message at any other time, they receive the error that the message could not be delivered. I'm signed in normally (not appear offline mode) and do not have any router/firewall in use.

Anyone got a solution for this?

RE: Unable to receive messages when conversation is inactive by pollolibredegrasa on 05-12-2007 at 10:27 PM

I'm also experiencing exactly the same problem, and it also happens on MSN version 7.5. I've emailed MS Support about it, but my guess it is just a server problem.

Hopefully it should resolve itself soon, but if not I'll post anything that MS may suggest that is of use.

RE: Unable to receive messages when conversation is inactive by FiX on 05-12-2007 at 10:30 PM

Ah ok, thanks for your reply. I thought of that as first as well, but non of my contacts was experiencing the same problem - made me think it might be something at my side.

Well, lets wait a while then :)