Shoutbox

7 reasons the world will end in 2012 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 (/showthread.php?tid=74463)

7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 05-17-2007 at 03:18 PM

Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that five years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

1. Mayan Calendar

[Image: Mayan_5.gif]

The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:

Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and
Sacrificing Virgins.

Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've got the end of the world right as well.

2. Sun Storms

[Image: solar_storm.jpg]

Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012

3. The Atom Smasher

Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.

4. The Bible says...

If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

5. Super Volcano

[Image: sthelenaex.jpg]

Yellowstone National Park in the United States is famous for its thermal springs and Old Faithful geyser. The reason for this is simple - it's sitting on top of the world's biggest volcano, and geological experts are beginning to get nervous sweats. The Yellowstone volcano has a pattern of erupting every 650,000 years or so, and we're many years overdue for an explosion that will fill the atmosphere with ash, blocking the sun and plunging the Earth into a frozen winter that could last up to 15,000 years. The pressure under the Yellowstone is building steadily, and geologists have set 2012 as a likely date for the big bang.

6. The Physicists

This one's case of bog-simple maths mathematics. Physicists at Berekely Uni  have been crunching the numbers. and they've determined that the Earth is well overdue for a major catastrophic event. Even worse, they're claiming their calculations prove, that we're all going to die, very soon - while also saying their prediction comes with a certainty of 99 percent- and 2012 just happens to be the best guess as to when it occurs.

7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.

Note: This was posted just for a general chit chat. The thread was not meant to scare anyone and I personally believe that the world is not going to end in 2012. Anyone that posts abuse towards me because of it or spams in my thread will be given negative rep.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by CookieRevised on 05-17-2007 at 04:59 PM

1) If it isn't the Maya's calender than it is another calender which predicts the end of the world. When that passes it is suddenly yet another calender or religion which predicts it 'with all certainty'...

It also highly depends on who interprets the calender and their writings btw. It is not like the Maya's said somewhere "on this date the earth will blow up".

2) Sun storms are indeed a concearn and can influence the earth and the weather a lot. Not to mention satelites, etc. Before the sun will blow up into a red giant and swollow the earth, a massive sun storm would have already destroyed a lot on earth, directly or indirectly. Although I do not believe this will 'destroy' earth at all. At best we will suffer some consequences like global warming and the likes and some problems with communication or whatever, but that's it.

3) The atom smasher: that is the most paranoid thing of all. Why is it that all of a sudden people cry out loud "oh nooooos, they are building an atom smasher and are creating black holes, we will all blow up"? Particle accelerators have existed a looooooong time, and there are already a lot of them. The _only_ reason why people are crying out loud now is that this new one has simply been on the news, nothing more. This is absolutely not "the first time they fire it up". And about those black holes and other 'deadly' results, that is absolutely BS too. That is just hear-say or whatever made by paranoids who don't even know the basics of how such partical accelerators work. You don't create universes and black holes in such machines at all... The worst that can happen is that someone with a peace maker will have a heart attack because he stands to close to a super conductive magnet of the machine, as a matter of speaking. :rolleyes:

4) I stand corrected for what I said in point 3.... This is most BS of all... Every 10 years or so somebody comes shouting that the Bible predicts Armageddon in xxxx. Do you know that Armageddon isn't even an event, but a place? And in fact an existing place! Heck, according to a massive amount of previous Bible inspired predictions we wouldn't be here at this moment.

See a massive list of some of those predictions (douzens and douzens for each year) here: http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrld.htm

Let all the cults and sects commit suicide or whatever when they believe they will be saved like that if "Armageddon" is here or that they experience the Rapture. It makes the world a nicer (less paranoid) place...

5) Rubbish also.... that is, not the fact that Yellowstone is sitting on a super-volcano. But rubbish that "scientists have set the date for the big bang to 2012". The fact is that scientists do not know when it will errupt (if it will errupt at all as a super-volcano!). And the fact that it is overdue means absolutely nothing! If such a super-volcano with a cycle of 650000 years like this is overdue, it could well be another 10000 years before it even rumbles and has a hick-up.

6) erm.... yeah.... this is just as worse/good as all the other thousands of predictions over the centuries... BTW: look at the Middle-East, or Africa, Soudan, and all the other places which do not catch the 7 o'clock news. There are many genocides, clensing of whole cultures, mass hunger and starving, killing millions every day, etc... I says there are already enough catastrophic events already without needing any calculator. All you need to do is looking a bit further than your TV-set and what they might (not) tell you on the news...

7) same story as point 5....

All paranoid nonsense, very good for a Blockbuster movie or interesting to read about. Nothing to worry about...

sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes / I really can not be bothered to check them for this post

http://www.endofworld.net/

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by prashker on 05-17-2007 at 07:01 PM

GRAB YOUR SHIELDS SPARTANS!

2012 will be Persians x10000

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 05-17-2007 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
1) If it isn't the Maya's calender than it is another calender which predicts the end of the world. When that passes it is suddenly yet another calender or religion which predicts it 'with all certainty'...

It also highly depends on who interprets the calender and their writings btw. It is not like the Maya's said somewhere "on this date the earth will blow up".
YOU FORGOT THE ALIENS HELPED THEM BUILD THE PYRAMIDS!!!!!!!!
btw, the world is always 'ending' for some, seeing as 3 people die each second.

i think thats the excuse some people created because they don't have any on their country and/or have never seen them up close
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by andrewdodd13 on 05-17-2007 at 07:18 PM

I thought Philip was trying to be funny. :P

(If he wasn't... Cookie pwnt him in a fashion that I would, if I was cool like Cookie. Cause Cookie is cool. Cause that animation is the best thing ever [even if it is old :)]... FIRE ZE MISSLEZ!)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by joey on 05-17-2007 at 07:50 PM

yeah phillip told me about this, but i thought he was bullshitting, now im worried...[/paranoid]

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Rolando on 05-17-2007 at 08:52 PM

Well.. I don't care if the world ends. If it happens, it happens. :p

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by joey on 05-17-2007 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by q25
Well.. I don't care if the world ends. If it happens, it happens. :p

*ICD robs a bank, and goes on a killing spree. its ok, we're all we dead in 5 or so years =p
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Chris4 on 05-17-2007 at 09:06 PM

Oh noes, can't miss London 2012 :(

Aload of cr*p though, I see this every year :dodgy:

EBFL, ICD: The world is not going to end :tongue:

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Oxy on 05-17-2007 at 09:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
EBFL, ICD: The world is not going to end
False; it wont end within the next 10-or-so-years is a better bet (Y)

But yeah, i highly doubt we'll all be gone anytime soon.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Patchou on 05-17-2007 at 09:14 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH IS UPON US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 05-17-2007 at 10:21 PM

lolpatchouspam ;p

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by albert on 05-17-2007 at 10:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH IS UPON US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

moral of the story : take a break from programing once in a while.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by L. Coyote on 05-17-2007 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

Woot!

What was the name of the hunchback? I forget... :p
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by prashker on 05-17-2007 at 10:47 PM

Patchou spammed a GCC thread (l)..

ah...(l).

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by user44571 on 05-17-2007 at 11:38 PM

Cookie logic beam has hit the target, system is stable.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by markee on 05-18-2007 at 12:08 AM

Because Cookie didn't take the time for this one....

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.
It is true that the poles are swapping and that a lot of UV will come through to Earth as there will be no magnetic field.  The problem with this statement is that it is going to take HEAPS longer than that for them to be at a level that we will notice.  Furthermore the magnetic field will decrease slowly so it is my belief that through evolution throughout that time we will be more equipped to deal with the extra UV and stuff, the main problem stemming from migratory animals who will not be able to judge their direction at the time of the no poles.  Don't be too worried though because there have been tests already to show that birds at least will after a short period of time be able to go back to a normal cycle and direction of where they are meant to be(that was done by just making a big change to the poles on the bird, like reversing it all at once and it still worked).
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by CookieRevised on 05-18-2007 at 01:00 AM

Ok, let's quickly google and quote some facts from here and there (instead of paranoid hear-say) :D

The fluxuations in the magnetic field we see today are very very low compared to what the earth's magnetic field has done in the past.

Sometimes the field completely flips. The north and the south poles swap places. Such reversals, recorded in the magnetism of ancient rocks, are unpredictable and they come at irregular intervals averaging about 300,000 years; the last one was 780,000 years ago (thus not like stated in the first post every 750,000-780,000 years).

Some reversals occurred within a few 10,000 years of eachother and there are other periods where no reversals occurred for tens of millions of years.

No one knows if we are overdue or not as it is based upon chaos in the core influenced by the surface movements of the earth.

Hence why I said it is the same as point 5...

The ongoing 10% decline since a few decades doesn't mean that a reversal is imminent at all. The field is increasing or decreasing all the time. Earth's present-day magnetic field is, in fact, much stronger than normal, although decreasing. The dipole moment, a measure of the intensity of the magnetic field, is now 8 × 1022 amps × m2. That's twice the million-year average of 4× 1022 amps × m2.

Reversals take, at least, a few thousand years to complete (this alone makes the prediction of 2012 totally rediculus), and during that time, contrary to popular belief, the magnetic field does not completely vanish, it just gets more complicated with more than one south and one north pole.

Magnetic lines of force near Earth's surface become twisted and tangled, and multiple magnetic poles will pop up in unaccustomed places. A south magnetic pole might emerge over Africa, for instance, or a north pole over Tahiti. Weird. But it's still a planetary magnetic field, and it will still protects us from space radiation and solar storms. Even if the magnetic field completely vanishes, there are still meganisms which will protect us. The first human beings, homo erectus survived many reversals (otherwise we wouldn't be here). There is in fact no evidence at all that anything went extinct because of a reversal.

sources: stuff like Nature, NGC, SC

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Nagamasa on 05-18-2007 at 04:36 AM

Well, scientists in the past predicted that we would be using levitating hovercraft as a mode of transport by now. I think not!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Discrate on 05-18-2007 at 05:58 AM

I'm scared!

* Discrate goes and builds a under ground bunker.

If any part of this is true, i will be building a bunker!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 05-18-2007 at 07:15 AM

It was out of a magazine and I found it interesting to read and wondered what other people thought about it.

But I personally don't think the world will end in 2012.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by joey on 05-18-2007 at 08:37 AM

quote:
It was out of a magazine and I found it interesting to read and wondered what other people thought about it.

But I personally don't think the world will end in 2012.

so your scaring the living shit out of me for fun? now thats just mean

*ICD runs and cries.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Supersonicdarky on 05-18-2007 at 12:07 PM

[Image: 958.gif]

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Lourix on 05-18-2007 at 03:46 PM

Well I think it would be cool if the end of humanity would happen like in "The Matrix". But extinction is a very mysterious subject if you ask me... Global Warming will end us all followed by our arrival into space.

My Opinion.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by toddy on 05-18-2007 at 03:53 PM

quote:
3. The Atom Smasher

Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.
thats meant to be turned on this year, not 2012

(well according to the news in GB)

edit:
just did a search on bbc to try find the article, however the first result i got was how to make an atom bomb
:|:|
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by RebelSean on 05-18-2007 at 04:13 PM

I'm not one to believe anything from any writings or ancient symbolism, however the solar storms seem like a problem. It's interesting to read about them. If it happens it happens, we're all going to die some day :).

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by joey on 05-18-2007 at 04:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy

edit:
just did a search on bbc to try find the article, however the first result i got was how to make an atom bomb
:|:|
* joey makes a bomb.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Discrate on 05-19-2007 at 01:14 AM

Ahhhh all this death talk and world blowing up is scary!

* Discrate folds him self up into a ball and starts swaying slowly.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by user44571 on 05-19-2007 at 01:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
Ahhhh all this death talk and world blowing up is scary!

* Discrate folds him self up into a ball and starts swaying slowly.
Aye. ;-;
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 05-19-2007 at 07:05 AM

quote:
thats meant to be turned on this year, not 2012
I think it got delayed 5 years because everyone is a wuss.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Fuse on 05-19-2007 at 09:00 AM

bad luck for london if it does..i dont believe it will though. i agree with cookie, after 2012..another theory will come out and people will get hyped up about that..

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Woraug on 05-19-2007 at 09:38 AM

The world will end someday, but not by natures hand.  It'll be our own doing that destroys us.  If this world ever sees another nuclear war, we're done for.

Current estimated nuclear stockpiles
United States: 5,735/9,960
Russia:    5,830/16,000
United Kingdom:    200
France:    350
China: 130
India: 40-50
Pakistan: 30-52
North Korea: 1-10

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 05-19-2007 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Woraug
Russia: 5,830/16,000
United Kingdom: 200
France: 350

Yay for Russia

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by foaly on 05-19-2007 at 11:47 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Woraug
Russia: 5,830/16,000
United Kingdom: 200
France: 350

Yay for Russia

not really 100 is enough to destroy the whole planet...
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by anomy on 06-11-2007 at 11:23 AM

It's not really an end.. its a transition, at least 50% of the world's population will perish. 2008 is the 4th night, everything made after 1999 will be put to the test there, and I personaly expect massive events, having serious impact on global consciousness.. like earthquakes, hurricanes etc.. you name it
I'm no prophet and dont call me that when this happens!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by prashker on 06-11-2007 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by anomy
It's not really an end.. its a transition, at least 50% of the world's population will perish. 2008 is the 4th night, everything made after 1999 will be put to the test there, and I personaly expect massive events, having serious impact on global consciousness.. like earthquakes, hurricanes etc.. you name it
I'm no prophet and dont call me that when this happens!

Wise words from a New Member.

I approve.

:bow:.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by anomy on 06-11-2007 at 12:00 PM

Well.. to really understand the time we're in you have to be in the generation witch lived mostly before 1999. You remember everything being in order.. the world was fine as it was, nothing changed much. But now more & more of us are starting to realize within ourselfs that somethin's happening atm. We're not calm about the world.. stuf IS happening to our conscious, we feel more and more uneasy about the certainty allmost everythin.
That's because the year 1999 marked the end of the last 19.7 year cycle. Now this period is only 360 days. More and more is possible now, in 2012 it will be 20 days.. until, after 21 december 2012 everythin will be possible in every moment...
As the maya said.. the prepared ones will leave their bodies and transform to live their new heaven, the others will die.
My advice is only that you let everything happen.. dont resist it. As more and more happens, you'll probably feel like you're starting to lose your mind..
If you're at peace with yourself, you'll know what I'm talking about...

Cheers!:}

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by paperless on 06-11-2007 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by anomy
Well.. to really understand the time we're in you have to be in the generation witch lived mostly before 1999. You remember everything being in order.. the world was fine as it was, nothing changed much. But now more & more of us are starting to realize within ourselfs that somethin's happening atm. We're not calm about the world.. stuf IS happening to our conscious, we feel more and more uneasy about the certainty allmost everythin.
That's because the year 1999 marked the end of the last 19.7 year cycle. Now this period is only 360 days. More and more is possible now, in 2012 it will be 20 days.. until, after 21 december 2012 everythin will be possible in every moment...
As the maya said.. the prepared ones will leave their bodies and transform to live their new heaven, the others will die.
My advice is only that you let everything happen.. dont resist it. As more and more happens, you'll probably feel like you're starting to lose your mind..
If you're at peace with yourself, you'll know what I'm talking about...

Cheers!:}

:bow:

Now i found my path, my purpose...i found my way into the light
(H)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by NiteMare on 06-11-2007 at 05:10 PM

reason # 8 that the world will end in 2012 is the new london olympics logo

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Chocolatino on 06-11-2007 at 07:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
reason # 8 that the world will end in 2012 is the new london olympics logo

Amen!
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by kao on 06-11-2007 at 08:33 PM

I don't care if or when the world ends. Knowing how it ends would be interesting though =p

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by jaime_cy on 07-17-2007 at 08:02 AM

im just scared of global warming nothing more

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by toddy on 07-17-2007 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jaime_cy
why, you'll be dead before any thing major comes of it :P
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Nefzen on 07-17-2007 at 09:48 AM

yea the magnetic pols have shown signs of changing.
but do you know the REAL reason why it's 21 2012?
1+2 = 3
23!
21 + 2 = 23
20 + 1 + 2 = 23!
give me a moment I'll think of more :P

anyways! you see! it fits the number! we're doomed!

then again, it's an Christian counting system, it doesn't have much to do with them.
Also the "end of days" as explained in the book "Angles And Demons", does not specifically mean the end of man kind, but rather the end of the days of believe. :)

mmm the global warming is growing troublesome . . .
soon enough, if we'll keep in this way (and we'll probably would), the ice will melt, release tons and tons of fresh water into the north ocean. what the problem you say? well expect for all the poor fishes that'll die, the fact that fresh water are less dense than salt water is really bad, since then the fresh water will rise above the the salt water. that means, that the hot water coming from the south in the great ocean conveyer (the golf stream is a part of it) will stay up on the surface, rather than sinking how they should when the cool down. The great ocean conveyer passes water around the world and helps regulate heat levels around the world (that's how Europe isn't as frozen as Canada). If the hot water coming from the south can't sink, they'll be unable to move back again. That means, the conveyer will stop and we'll be plummet back into an age of very unstable changes to ice ages and extremely hot ages :)
The north will freeze up . . .

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by SikStyles on 07-18-2007 at 06:46 PM

9. sikstyles takes over and builds a spaceship to go to the moon where he will fire 50 nuclear bombs at Earth. Then he will have a maniacal laugh with his blow-up doll.

that's what *I* heard. :^)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 07-18-2007 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alex
I don't care if or when the world ends. Knowing how it ends would be interesting though =p
How and why.... it would be lame if we all die of something related to global warming
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by roflmao456 on 07-18-2007 at 09:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dead Rising: Ed
When you're dead, you're dead.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Lankey420 on 10-29-2007 at 04:53 AM

I dont' know what will happen in 2012. End of the world? No Idea. But most of these reasons I thought were a bit of a scretch. There's only 3 Reasons why I truly trust the hypothesis of 2012.
2 of my reasons were not even on this list.

1. Yes the Mayans did predict 2012, but they did not specifically say the world would end. Their calander simply ends on this year. A little creepy.
2. If any of you were to look up celestial revelations and alignments on google, youll find the the line of the equator, the line of constalations, and the roation line of the sun all align at some time. This event happens every 13000(not sure) years or so, and the next predicted year is....2012. This study wasnt found by sceptics or some idiots trying to back up this theory, but rather by the freemasons, and is one of their main study points.
3. Nostradamus. While I really dont know that much about this, he does make a predicion on or near 2012. In his prediction he says "1999 and seven months" but if you look this up there are theories why this might actually line up to 2012. (I do think people are trying to make this seem like it lines up ith the year though.)

Personal bias aside, it does seem that there should be some though to the matter. I think freaking out and believing without a doubt the world will end is stubborn, yet at the same time saying without a doubt it wont is also stupid. It is in my opinion the SOMETHING will most likely happen. It may be a major global climate chang, the end of the world, extreme catastrophe, or maybe just a minor change. Now, feel free to criticize my spelling mistakes and call me stupid because of simple human ignorance.
Good Day.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Joa on 10-30-2007 at 04:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
I'm scared!

* Discrate goes and builds a under ground bunker.

If any part of this is true, i will be building a bunker!

if the end comes...  i don't think a wee bunker will help you laddy. :sad:

anyway, i don't think it will happen in 2012. i think it will happen sooner. unless it already happened and i'm already dead and this is the afterlife!!! OMFG. :cry:

i'm not worried about the end cuz we start dying the moment we're born so it doesn't really matter how long it takes till that moment comes... we'll die one day eitherway.

but seriously, i say we'll all die from an experiment gone awry.
antimatter :zippy:

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by user27089 on 10-30-2007 at 08:00 AM

quote:

Haha, that genuinely made me smile :).

I've come to realise, Hitler just came into the future, watched 300 and wanted to create his own super-army, go team.

Blonde hair, blue eyes ;).

The 2012 myth is stupid, it makes me laugh, and if it does end, then so what? It was inevitable at some point so there's no use crying about it, we'll just all go to heaven or something.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Lourix on 10-30-2007 at 06:19 PM

Metaphysical_predictions
Read.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by smartluda15 on 11-08-2007 at 05:59 AM

if you want to get religious with it then heres something for you for the rapture aka Armageddon I SHALL COME LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT IF YOU SHALL KNOW THE DATE IN WITCH I WALK THE EARTH AGAIN THEN YOU WILL PARISH FOREVER lets get religious people ill school all day get your bibles and check the books of john

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 11-08-2007 at 08:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nefzen
yea the magnetic pols have shown signs of changing.

The poles have switched many times already, yet the Earth is still here, so you can't seriously think the poles switching will destroy the Earth. 8-)

quote:
quote:
why, you'll be dead before any thing major comes of it :P
if anything comes of it 8-)
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by John Anderton on 11-08-2007 at 09:02 AM

The only way we'll all die anytime soon is if
a) Aliens come and kills us
b) We nuke ourselves ;)
c) We keep killing mother earth (pollution)

Take your pick. (c) probably won't kills us by 2012 though :P

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by joric on 12-11-2007 at 03:59 AM

What utter BS.
let me think back to 2000 "theres going to be a computer bug/virus/watever and no computer will ever work again.
that never happened.
the world is more likey to end in war cause us humans dont know wats bad for us.
and i dont aliens will come and destory us- if there is another intelligent life form discovered on a planet other than earth i doubt we would try to destroy each other.
though for all we know this could be the afterlife-it may be crap but if this is the after life i would hate to imagine wat real life was like. lol

perhaps we should call 2012- "the riot year"

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by alaska on 12-12-2007 at 05:50 AM

Ummm....ya...I'm from Cody, Wyoming....right outside of Yellowstone Park...and there is no 2012 floating around out there.  It was due to blow a couple years ago, but never did....maybe you should try 6 reasons the world will end in 2012...
And, the Bible itself says that no man shall know the date of the rapture....so make that 5 reasons.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by CookieRevised on 12-12-2007 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joric
let me think back to 2000 "theres going to be a computer bug/virus/watever and no computer will ever work again.
that never happened.
On the contrary, it happened too often. There were many flukes in many programs. Of course, people like to blow everything out of proportion, especially the media... So no, computers didn't explode, but some software which wasn't adapted to a 4 digit year did malfunction though.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by androo123 on 12-12-2007 at 10:39 PM

I had always thought that we would kill ourselves with war and bombs, but three out fo the seven major reasons (#2 Sun Storms, #5 Super Volcano, and #7 Slip-Slop-Slip Bang) indicate it is nature that will kill the human race. The only scary one is the Slip-Slop-Slip Bang which is the most possible to happen, and will not only kill all of humankind, but all life. :(

Remember though, that these are just theories, and will not necessarily happen, so don't start going crazy and doing whatever you want  in 2012, the time wont necessarily come.

The again, which theorie will happen first, if they were all going to happen? Will they happen?

I would like to see if any of these theories actually kill us in four years time.[Image: deadbanana.gif]

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 12-13-2007 at 12:38 AM

quote:
On the contrary, it happened too often. There were many flukes in many programs. Of course, people like to blow everything out of proportion, especially the media... So no, computers didn't explode, but some software which wasn't adapted to a 4 digit year did malfunction though.

Happened at my mother's work for a bank, luckily they did a simulation first and fixed the 'bugs' with time
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by SonicTy on 12-13-2007 at 03:02 AM

Is this actually all true ?

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by prashker on 12-13-2007 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicTy
Is this actually all true ?

Yes, along with turtlenecked ninjas.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by SonicTy on 12-13-2007 at 03:12 AM

My friends mom knows how to tell the future and shes predicted right just about 100% , she figures it out by some door behind your ear or some crazy shit like that:P and he has already asked her about it.

She says that we would all be dead by time the earth would end?

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by linx05 on 12-13-2007 at 05:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicTy
My friends mom knows how to tell the future and shes predicted right just about 100% , she figures it out by some door behind your ear or some crazy shit like that:P and he has already asked her about it.

She says that we would all be dead by time the earth would end?
LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!! LMAO!!
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Underlord on 12-13-2007 at 06:07 AM

quote:
Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out.
:o The length of the lunar moon!
* Underlord looks for Luna's moon.

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
not really 100 is enough to destroy the whole planet...
Not really...
Go check your "facts".
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Chestah on 12-13-2007 at 07:27 AM

I'm willing to bet all my cash that the planet will not explode/disappear etc in 2012.. anyone want to bet the opposite :P?

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 12-13-2007 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
I'm willing to bet all my cash that the planet will not explode/disappear etc in 2012.. anyone want to bet the opposite :P?
:dodgy:
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by SikStyles on 12-13-2007 at 09:17 AM

Why don't we all just shut it and wait for year 2012 and see what happens. If we live to year 2013 we'll make a new thread saying that this thread was all BULL and we can make fun of scientists.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Shippo on 12-13-2007 at 05:08 PM

Here's something no one actually thought of was to happen...

I'm setting aside religious bias (I am not christian, baptist, catholic, hindu, or whatever..) aside, what about the possibility of another planet or something coming close to earth?

IMO, I believe that is the more likely case. I found some stuff about a so-called planet called "Nibiru" (it has other names, but I call it 'Death Star') that has been pretty much hidden from the general public by NASA. Honestly, I know there has to be some other sort of celestial body going out there. Nibiru is said to be about 4-8 times the size of Earth, so pretty much bigger than Jupiter. I don't know it's current location though, and it also mentioned that Antarctica is the only place to actually see this planet right now.

Nibiru is supposedly a dead or failed star, since it has been noted as a Brown Dwarf, so.. things could get messy. Planet X Facts was one site I read this stuff on. Nibiru was also mentioned on this site as well.

I'm still highly skeptical right now, but if this.... planet/star truly is real, it really could wipe out the better part of the population of Earth. I'm not saying it's the end of the world, I would just.. kinda say it's more like the end of current humanity as we see it.

I think that about ends my take on the matter... 2012 is highly debatable at the moment, and the gov. does like to cover things up fairly well.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Nathan on 12-13-2007 at 05:33 PM

Well we still have 4 years to go. So my word of advice is party, sex and sleep :D

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by AngelDevil on 12-17-2007 at 05:47 PM

I think that nobody in Messenger Plus forum can say "world end in 2012 or world not end in 2012".. except john-t (john titor :D) I think... I agreed with Napbree! Patchou, publish the 5 version of MsgPlus soon else if the world end you haven't beta tester to try it.. :P

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Nurgle on 12-17-2007 at 07:52 PM

i lol'd a lot in this topic at all the 'possible' things that 'could' happen.

i myself think that nothing will happen, it will be a normal year like every other year that has gone past on this earth. *-)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by AngelDevil on 12-17-2007 at 08:29 PM

It's your opinion, not right... for the quantum mechanic theory (and not only) now isn't possible say if the world end in 2012 or not. If the world end in 2012 and we come back to today, it's right. Else, it's wrong.. :D.. But in the following 5 years the fate can be changed... possible? Bohr say it, Einstein say not.. anyone is free to believe at philip's sentences..

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Nurgle on 12-17-2007 at 08:53 PM

i guess that one could be possible = /

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by SikStyles on 12-17-2007 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shippo
IMO, I believe that is the more likely case. I found some stuff about a so-called planet called "Nibiru" (it has other names, but I call it 'Death Star') that has been pretty much hidden from the general public by NASA.

quote:
Originally posted by Shippo
..and the gov. does like to cover things up fairly well.

You're eating your own words there, buddy. NASA wouldn't leave anything out for public unless they wanted to.

And that planet getting too close to Earth? Naaw. We would already see it if it was dangerously close or even 500 years away.

I see the end of the world a bit differently. I see it as a slow walk towards doom. Overpopulation, gases, shortages of materials, that kind of stuff. I believe we'll consume ourselves metaphorically speaking.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by MeEtc on 12-17-2007 at 11:25 PM

I predict the world will end on January 19, 2038

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Shippo on 12-18-2007 at 05:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
You're eating your own words there, buddy. NASA wouldn't leave anything out for public unless they wanted to.

And that planet getting too close to Earth? Naaw. We would already see it if it was dangerously close or even 500 years away.

I see the end of the world a bit differently. I see it as a slow walk towards doom. Overpopulation, gases, shortages of materials, that kind of stuff. I believe we'll consume ourselves metaphorically speaking.

Here are two sites I looked at: X Facts and Nibiru @ Detailshere. That's just where I got that information from. Space is a big place, so something coming from the bottom of Earth isn't out of the question, or vice versa. I'm not saying it's the case, just saying it's more likely.

Even I'm skeptical of the events myself, and NASA covering up something isn't big news to me since I'm sure they may have more than once. Although, I do believe there is an asteroid (I forgot it's name) that's suppose to come by two times as predicted, both near misses. Once in 2017 I believe and the other.. I 'think' in 2038 or so.. Space holds a lot out there... so who knows...
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by AngelDevil on 12-18-2007 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc

What is, the date when UNIX have the bug in the calendar? I don't think that world end with UNIX :P

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Graverock on 12-20-2007 at 02:56 PM

I'm sorry I didn't read everything on this thread but I just have to reply to what this guy CookieRevised had to say cause I think he needs some glasses abd naybe a brain, so let me hit you with some knowledge..

1) You may have a point abuot the mayans, but I hope it does end on Friday December 21, 2012, cause coincidentally I was born Friday December 21, 1990, so I find that cool.

2)The dude never said the Sun would turn into a red giant or anything, and plus, dude, Sun Storms can not only knock out satellites but they can crash and destroy and mess up electronic equipment on Earth, such as radio frequencies, Televisions, COMputer's and other electronic devices, and MAY I SAY THIS, America is based ALL on electronical devices and equiptment, so if a massive Sun storm such as the one that's gonna happen in 2012 occurs, Bye bye America cause we won't be able to use anything electronic, aka, we're gonna get sent back over 10 000 years when it comes to technology, so pick up your rocks and stones.

3)"The atom smasher: that is the most paranoid thing of all. Why is it that all of a sudden people cry out loud "oh nooooos, they are building an atom smasher and are creating black holes, we will all blow up"?" just to correct you on that blackholes don't blow up they implode so we'll get sucked up not blown to pieces. ANd though you have somewhat of a point that worrying that the atom smasher is gonna open up a mini black hole and suck us up into a marble, it's a precaution that must be noticed. Think back to the Atomic Bomb, oh, it's a powerful bomb that will help us win the war, they thought, but they had no idea that they would end up scaring the lives of the Japanese that were hit by the A-bombs, the power was so devestating that years later, America and the Soviet Union(i think) agreed on a deal to stop the war, and stop the use of any nuclear bomb, cause of what it can do, so this precaution of the atom smasher should not be overlooked, nor is it BS.

4)I totally agree with you on this point sorry. Armageddon in bibles and stuff like that, I just don't buy it frankly cause I choose a more logical approach then a God who isn't even in our existing plain of life can shut us all down just cause he wants to, that my aquientence, is BS.

5)Yeah this point is also one you've proven quite well, though it would be cool if it were to happen, but yeah, it'll be another 1000 years, then another 10 000, an so forth.

6)That is a possibility BECAUSE there have bee nseveral events in the past, accordingly, that have happened about catestrophic disasters so one happening soon or now is not far fetched. The fact it's gonne be in 2012 is a bit skepticle, but the fact that it's gonne happen is probably true.

7)The poles drifting apart, that seems a little queer to say the least. Containing the fact that if this is supposed to happen to us, it's gonna happen to our other brother planets past the astroid belt. Their magnetic fields will likely fail and the gas will escape, but that hasn't happened, so it's likely not gonna hapen to us, BUT, there is a chance os our arses roasting caus eof lack of a magnetic field due to our green hosue gases tearing (slowly) an opening in our atmosphere, so the chances of us being cooked, not that far fetched either, so look out.

So yeah dude, look at it from a logical sense about some of your points, cause you may be right about somethings, but you gotta keep and open mind about ALL things.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Vimto on 12-20-2007 at 04:12 PM

(Havent read any of the posts so someone might have already said)

If the world is really going to end in 2012 I am sure there would be warnings on the news and stuff advising us to live the last years as good as we can and stuff like that... the world won't end that soon I'm sure... trust me... I know all ;]

actually i dont but i just dont want to think about the world ending :( not a very nice thought.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by crazyassmofo on 12-20-2007 at 08:49 PM

The world will not end in 2012
In one way or another the world does end for everyone, but seperatly. There has never been and never will be (in the near future) an absolute end to the world. The world does end for each person seperatly. 3 people die each second and therefore their worlds are ending. If you think back a few centuries or even back to the beginning of the 1900's their worlds have ended. If they were to come back alive today it would be a completely different world to them. 2012 could simply be the end of the way we think of the world. Perhaps even a more peaceful environment. As for the Mayans who's to say that they said exactly 2012. We can't be certain that theysaid that as their language is dead. Something may have been lost in the translation and maybe they said 20012 or 2212, the list can go on and on. Even if it was correctly translated who can say the Mayans picked this date as the day the world would end. It may have been more like the farthest that they could forsee a winter solstice which was of the highes importance to them.

For Shippo the asteroid called Apophis is coming in 2029 and 2038 and it must pass through a 400m gravitational keyhole to even have a chance at altering its orbit into a collision course with Earth

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Shippo on 12-21-2007 at 12:13 AM

Well, so much can happen in time. Never know to be honest..

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 12-23-2007 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Graverock
I'm sorry I didn't read everything on this thread but I just have to reply to what this guy CookieRevised had to say cause I think he needs some glasses abd naybe a brain, so let me hit you with some knowledge..

1) You may have a point abuot the mayans, but I hope it does end on Friday December 21, 2012, cause coincidentally I was born Friday December 21, 1990, so I find that cool.

2)The dude never said the Sun would turn into a red giant or anything, and plus, dude, Sun Storms can not only knock out satellites but they can crash and destroy and mess up electronic equipment on Earth, such as radio frequencies, Televisions, COMputer's and other electronic devices, and MAY I SAY THIS, America is based ALL on electronical devices and equiptment, so if a massive Sun storm such as the one that's gonna happen in 2012 occurs, Bye bye America cause we won't be able to use anything electronic, aka, we're gonna get sent back over 10 000 years when it comes to technology, so pick up your rocks and stones.

3)"The atom smasher: that is the most paranoid thing of all. Why is it that all of a sudden people cry out loud "oh nooooos, they are building an atom smasher and are creating black holes, we will all blow up"?" just to correct you on that blackholes don't blow up they implode so we'll get sucked up not blown to pieces. ANd though you have somewhat of a point that worrying that the atom smasher is gonna open up a mini black hole and suck us up into a marble, it's a precaution that must be noticed. Think back to the Atomic Bomb, oh, it's a powerful bomb that will help us win the war, they thought, but they had no idea that they would end up scaring the lives of the Japanese that were hit by the A-bombs, the power was so devestating that years later, America and the Soviet Union(i think) agreed on a deal to stop the war, and stop the use of any nuclear bomb, cause of what it can do, so this precaution of the atom smasher should not be overlooked, nor is it BS.

4)I totally agree with you on this point sorry. Armageddon in bibles and stuff like that, I just don't buy it frankly cause I choose a more logical approach then a God who isn't even in our existing plain of life can shut us all down just cause he wants to, that my aquientence, is BS.

5)Yeah this point is also one you've proven quite well, though it would be cool if it were to happen, but yeah, it'll be another 1000 years, then another 10 000, an so forth.

6)That is a possibility BECAUSE there have bee nseveral events in the past, accordingly, that have happened about catestrophic disasters so one happening soon or now is not far fetched. The fact it's gonne be in 2012 is a bit skepticle, but the fact that it's gonne happen is probably true.

7)The poles drifting apart, that seems a little queer to say the least. Containing the fact that if this is supposed to happen to us, it's gonna happen to our other brother planets past the astroid belt. Their magnetic fields will likely fail and the gas will escape, but that hasn't happened, so it's likely not gonna hapen to us, BUT, there is a chance os our arses roasting caus eof lack of a magnetic field due to our green hosue gases tearing (slowly) an opening in our atmosphere, so the chances of us being cooked, not that far fetched either, so look out.

So yeah dude, look at it from a logical sense about some of your points, cause you may be right about somethings, but you gotta keep and open mind about ALL things.

Thank you for making me laugh.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by OnGuard on 01-15-2008 at 12:34 AM

So who do I believe? Paranoid guy or doesn't-believe-a-god-dang-word-of-it Guy?

I can totally see myself holding onto dear life to my love ones 4 days before Christmas (December 21, 2012) and like an Armageddon action movie the world spirals down my screaming throat and we all burst.

To believe or not to believe? I'm not ready to die.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by melissaIvory on 01-15-2008 at 07:25 AM

this isn't even relevant to any of us. so i'm going away now.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by user44571 on 01-15-2008 at 08:36 AM

"7 reasons people are idiots"

Please refer to post #1

THE END OF THE WORLD!!! again.. haha. by calilo on 01-15-2008 at 09:05 AM

wow. the world is ending every year. geez. does this mean every year we get to be reborn and crap??

like..

every year.. it ends.. im a virgin again? haha.

just kiddin.

i dont believe it.

i betcha.. in 2012
when none of this happens... they are going to make 10 more different reasons why its going to end in 2030. watch. just watch.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by stanmcman on 01-15-2008 at 05:39 PM

wow...i actually read ALL the posts...truly dizzying.  And I have 2 comments:

1) Live every day as if it were your last.

2) Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by MeEtc on 01-15-2008 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
quote:

What is, the date when UNIX have the bug in the calendar? I don't think that world end with UNIX :P
Then you don't know the world
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by calilo on 01-15-2008 at 07:32 PM

lol i cant believe all this paranoia. listen to the facts that were posted. seriously. every year for about the seventeen (17) PLUS years, the media, or whomever has CLAIMED the world was going to end. I agree that if it wasnt the mayan calendar that claims we are going to die, end, parish, whatever.. it would have been another calendar.

Facts people, Facts.

Just because (no offense) words in a book.. say this and that are going to happen, doesnt mean they will. Have you ever read Dr. Suess or Stephen King?? none of that happened. haha.

c'mon. wake up. your okay.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by djdannyp on 01-15-2008 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by calilo
Have you ever read Stephen King?? none of that happened. haha.

you mean......John Coffey isn't real :O

:'(
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Quantum on 01-15-2008 at 10:01 PM

Whats the big deal about this? Its not the end of the world...

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by calilo on 01-16-2008 at 01:17 AM

i think its just hilarious to make fun of it. haha.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by mowglycdb on 01-16-2008 at 05:55 PM

tis hapening more of a spiritual kind of thing , where humans will be given the choice te evolve , and change their agresiveness, ill ways and intentions, or to perish.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by calilo on 01-17-2008 at 06:19 AM

well crap ya'll!!!

lets evolve! haha.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Chris4 on 01-17-2008 at 09:48 AM

Congrats. Made it on to Google. Lol.

I don't think the world will end, for obvious reasons. Heard it too many times before :tongue:.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by shannon.burkett on 01-18-2008 at 10:07 PM

Looking at this from a Christian point of view, No body can predict the end of time. " He will come like a thief in the night" We know he is coming but no one knows when.

quote:

WE ARE NOT IN GLOBAL WARMING LIKE THE LIBERALS THINK. I WOULDN'T CONSIDER .5 DEGREES IN THE PAST CENTURY THAT WARM.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 01-18-2008 at 10:37 PM

can we like, sticky this thread on tnt or something so it doesn't come up on google and so newbs can't see it?

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 01-19-2008 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
can we like, sticky this thread on tnt or something so it doesn't come up on google and so newbs can't see it?
Or maybe I should delete it..? (a)
RE: RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by djdannyp on 01-19-2008 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shannon.burkett
quote:

WE ARE NOT IN GLOBAL WARMING LIKE THE LIBERALS THINK. I WOULDN'T CONSIDER .5 DEGREES IN THE PAST CENTURY THAT WARM.

Geographically speaking we are in a phase of global warming....you just said it yourself.....5 degrees hotter

it doesn't matter if it's 0.1 degree hotter, that's still warmer :P

An average rise of 5 degrees over a century is pretty hot when you consider the difference between 15 degrees and 20 degrees.  15 degrees is warm-ish....20 is nicely toasty :D

also please don't shout (typing in capitals)....and please don't double post

I think it's fair to say the world isn't ending and if it does then it's pure coincidence.....if you make enough guesses you're bound to get one right eventually, no need to get so het up about it

PS. 100th reply
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 01-19-2008 at 11:22 PM

My goodness... is this topic still going on?

Did we not settle ages ago that the world is not going to end in 2012.  But if you die, I'd be thankful.

Do I have to count the countless amount of predictions of the end of the world.  When it comes to down to it, the world ends every day and starts again without you noticing it.

You are lost; you can never go home.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by user44571 on 01-19-2008 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
15 degrees is warm-ish....20 is nicely toasty
15 degrees is freezing. Brrr.
RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by djdannyp on 01-20-2008 at 03:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Damokun
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
15 degrees is warm-ish....20 is nicely toasty
15 degrees is freezing. Brrr.

in Australia maybe......in England that's what passes for warm, lol
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by christinaaaax on 01-22-2008 at 05:53 AM

wowzas o_o me thinks the world is gonna end cause man themselves will caue it upon them . the apocolyps . i also believe in #4 (:

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Basilis on 01-22-2008 at 10:05 PM

It may sound a bit strange but the world will be destroyed just one time. So it will be something that only those who live when it will happen will have the chance to see. And I definitely want to be one of those. Of course, I want to be at least 85 years old when this happens. maybe I ask for too much. :)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by markee on 01-23-2008 at 12:23 PM

I think the funniest "the world is going to end" prediction was 9th of September 1999.  For somereason they were thinking that it was going to end because of all the 9's or some rubbish.

The Mayan calandar is an interesting one seeing as though their race just disappeared into nowhere (one of the guys at wrk said there was a theory that reptilian overlords took them away on their planet which will intersect with Earth next in 2012 and that is where they got all of their technolgy from back then, apparently.  We just joke about reptilian overlords now).

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by crankinit on 01-23-2008 at 01:55 PM

I concur with the 1st poster whole heartedly.  This person obviously has intellect and knows how to convey their thoughts
without sounding effite or smug. Bravo!!!

Sorry, but I forgot.....you have to be reminded of Y2K.  We were all destroyed on January 1st 2000, unfortunately we just can't remember that we don't exist anymore.  Those who don't remember their history are doomed to repeat it.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Oddsocks on 01-26-2008 at 03:26 PM

Through pure boredom, I was googling and found this forum and read every post related to this topic, so many of you made me laugh so, thank you. I also felt the need to join up, just so I could leave my two cents worth here....

The world could end for anyone/thing, tomorrow, or in the next hour, so is there really any point in fretting over something that may or may not happen in 4 years time. My biggest fear, is someone I love, in particular, my children, dying before I do - If it was guaranteed that we were all going live happily and healthy and all go out together in 2012, I cant complain about that.

So do I believe the theory?.... No.

The world has been changing for thousands of years, and for thousands of years, man has been adapting and evolving to suit the conditions. Global warming is having some serious effects of the earth, but we will deal with it, just like we dealt with the ice age, and personally, I like it hot, so I am all for global warming!!

As for "armageddon"  -I dont want to diss anyones religion here, but the bible was written by MAN not "GOD" and I dont honestly believe that men two thousand years ago knew more than men today know. I think a couple of the people who left posts, have been reading a little too much Dan Brown - sorry to break it to you guys, this is fiction and he is an author, not a "prophet".

If the world is gonna end in 2012, or even as soon as next week - its gonna happen whether we like it or not, whether we worry or not and nothing we do is going to prevent that from happening. So dont be scared of what you cant control, just enjoy every single moment of your life and being with the ones you love.

Take care and thanx for having me!!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by ritaagent99 on 01-27-2008 at 01:56 AM

what many people realize is that just because there is going to be a catastorphy, does not mean that the world is "going to end" thats all i have to say.  even the bible states in revelation, "the old age wil end, and a new world will begin"  never once does it say that we are all going to die.  if anyone disagrees, please, talk to me, and i will show you why i am right

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by itszackry on 01-27-2008 at 02:40 AM

they said the world would end in 1880
they said the world would end in 1942
they said the world would end in 2000
but th clock is still ticking and the world is still spinning

all these reasons are pure coincidence
a few of them are not even accurate, including 'The Atom Smasher', 'Super Volcano', 'Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!', and 'Mayan Calender'

some of the facts in those i just pointed out can be true, or mistaken for what it really said or meant

and why are there 7 different ways the world will end, it can't end 7 times unless they all happen at the same exact time, which wont happen and if the Armageddon were to occur in 2012, God would conquer evil and all good would remain

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by akayasik on 01-27-2008 at 11:06 AM

this is a fucking load of crap! the fucking world wont end in 2012 and if something were to happen im betting on a real life scenario of i am legend. AND THAT STUPID MUTHER FUCKER UP THERE SO LOTS OFF PPL BELEAVE ISN'T REAL!

AND IF THE WORLD DOUSE END ON THAT EXACT DAY U MESIONED I WILL BE SO FUCKING PISSED! RIGHT BFOR MY BDAY IT JUST WOULDNT BE FAIR!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Frozen Emotion on 01-29-2008 at 11:37 AM

If the world ends on that day you'll be mad? I hate having my second post on this site be criticizing someone else, yet somethings just need to be said. First off, " I am Legend " is a movie meant for entertainment purposes. Although I do not believe that the world will end on said date in 2012, putting more stock into a movie then you would into real life things that actually have a chance at happening is nothing short of insane. Yelling and screaming at people that are simply forming their own opinion, which they are totally allowed to do, is going to get you disliked rather fast. I am new here so I cannot say that I speak with experience of this forum, however I do speak with experience of past forums I was on. I won't rip apart your English or your grammar because of your flag in your profile stating you are from another country. Think before you act though, life is short and there is no reason to pick unreasonable fights for unreasonable purposes.

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
quote:
Originally posted by Frozen Emotion
No, I didn't even pay attention to which flag it was, I just noticed it wasn't an American one. Anyway thanks for pointing that out.
So now only Americans speak English?
Ug, no, I was rushing and just let it slide because I only glanced at the flag and it wasn't American and me sadly being an American we tend to be assholes and forget the rest of the world exists, hence 9/11. Anyway I apologize for my haste in my first post of this thread.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by freak544 on 01-29-2008 at 12:35 PM

Hahahaha I have just sat here and read the whole thread and I can't stop laughing

If it ends it ends what can we all do and how would we know as we would all die?

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Sleeperloc on 01-29-2008 at 02:56 PM

if it does end that will be fucked up for the kids that will never get a chance to grow i just hope it doesnt end on 2012:undecided: and if it does im gonna fucking take over the afterlife.:fire:

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by joey on 01-29-2008 at 05:49 PM

omfg, i cant believe this thread is STILL going.

phillip youre wrong about it all, the world wont end until long after your dead, and all conspiracies are lies and mostly dont make sense end of.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Sleeperloc on 01-29-2008 at 07:11 PM

i can feel hell rising fom eneath the earth we will finally meet lucife but i will take his head and take his place as the new ruler of hell.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Adv8RU12 on 02-02-2008 at 02:49 AM

First the Mayan race didn't didn't just disappear into nowhere. Its ancestors are the Mexicans.

And they may  be right about the world, as we know it, ending in 2012. The four years between the new president coming to power in 2008 and 2012 is about right for time it will take either Obama or McCain to destroy the USA.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Justin on 02-02-2008 at 02:54 AM

I definetly do not make the rules around here. But maybe consider this therad locked? I mean it seems that people are only registering to post on this thread.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Nathan on 02-02-2008 at 03:00 AM

So, this is a community, who cares if people come here to post in this thread, if they stay then the bigger the community gets!

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Discrate on 02-02-2008 at 03:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Adv8RU12
First the Mayan race didn't didn't just disappear into nowhere. Its ancestors are the Mexicans.

And they may  be right about the world, as we know it, ending in 2012. The four years between the new president coming to power in 2008 and 2012 is about right for time it will take either Obama or McCain to destroy the USA.

We are talking about the world, not the USA. Sometimes i think americans think that the USA is the world.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by thebomb on 02-02-2008 at 11:51 PM

Wow give people enough time and they will come up with anything.  Anyways no mass extinction is over night and nobody could precisely pick a date.  Seems like a whole lot of horeshit anyways.  But yea any extinction takes decades or centuries.  So unless our population is declining already there's no way we'll be gone in 2012!

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by CookieRevised on 02-03-2008 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
quote:
THE MAYANS DIDN'T PREDICT THE WORLD ENDING

Proof/Source?
for starters,

2012 is only one of the possebilities which is converted from the Mayan calender to the Gregorian calender.

Second, 2012 is just a year (like so many other years to come) when the Mayan 'Long Count' will be reset (Starting at 13.0.0.0.0 again). The 'Long Count' is only one of the 3 calender systems the Mayans used and it may have represent for them the beginning of the earth or the beginning of times. This corresponds to, very roughly, a good big 3000 years BC in our calender.

And this fact alone also proofs that the Mayan's believe of the beginning of the earth is very wrong (as we all know the Earth is billion years older).

Thus derived from that you can also safely state that whoever thinks the Mayan calender predicts the end of the world is seriously wrong.

Because not only is that believe based on our Western assumption that the 'Long Count' represents the beginning of the earth (which would be wrong in reality anyways), but it also builds further on that and automatically assumes it therefor means that when the 'Long Count' resets the earth will end.

------------------

It is just one of their 3 calender systems resetting and starting over again in 2012, just like our Gregorian calender resets each year at Januari 1st!!!

People are obviously way too paranoid, gullible, superstitious, and want to believe in fantastique stories...

Stating that in 2012 the world will end is as accurate as stating the earth would have ended in 666, 999, 1000, 1337, 2000, 3000, or whatever...

http://www.tondering.dk/claus/cal/node10.html

quote:
Originally posted by thebomb
give people enough time and they will come up with anything.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 02-03-2008 at 03:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecTE6lXI-m0

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 02-03-2008 at 03:58 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Proof/Source?
for starters,

2012 is only one of the possebilities which is converted from the Mayan calender to the Gregorian calender.

Second, 2012 is just a year (like so many other years to come) when the Mayan 'Long Count' will be reset (Starting at 13.0.0.0.0 again). The 'Long Count' is only one of the 3 calender systems the Mayans used and it may have represent for them the beginning of the earth. This corresponds to, very roughly, a good big 3000 years BC in our calender.

.....LOL COOKIEPOST........

quote:
Originally posted by thebomb
give people enough time and they will come up with anything.

I pretty much agree : >. also, mayans didn't disappear, their descendants now live in southern mexico and stuff, and there are still mayan speakers there...
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by CookieRevised on 02-03-2008 at 07:16 PM

quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecTE6lXI-m0
That video is a nice example of how to mix unrelated stuff together with some very inaccurate things and leaving out other stuff to come to a 'doomsday' scenario proof.

(and they (the History Channel) do it with a lot of their other 'documentaries' also... very American (no pun intended otherwise))
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Curtis on 02-04-2008 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by akayasik
this is a fucking load of crap! the fucking world wont end in 2012 and if something were to happen im betting on a real life scenario of i am legend. AND THAT STUPID MUTHER FUCKER UP THERE SO LOTS OFF PPL BELEAVE ISN'T REAL!

AND IF THE WORLD DOUSE END ON THAT EXACT DAY U MESIONED I WILL BE SO FUCKING PISSED! RIGHT BFOR MY BDAY IT JUST WOULDNT BE FAIR!

If the world ended on that day, then you wouldn't have a chance to be pissed because you missed your birthday, you'd be dead.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by amfanman on 02-05-2008 at 09:16 AM

http://www.satansrapture.com/nostra2012.htm

Check that page out.  The guy's a total kook.  There's not even a way to contact him or to leave comments.  He's got all kinds of "predictions," including that one about the so-called "planet 'Nibiru'".  If one of his predictions doesn't happen he just explains it away ^o).  I think when there are settlements on Mars and mankind is way past this time, there will still be people talking about religion and end-of-world theories, even though all the things people talk about today will be ancient history(except for practical things - which will either be in libraries, or myths).  -Reference Greek myths, ancient gods, etc.  I think there is something that can be gotten out of everything, which is why, for example, I don't believe that Nostradamus was just pulling things out of his a$$(for the most part).  Also a reason I *sometimes* listen to country :D.

Geez, why do all of you have to be so skeptical?  Gosh!

Also, I want to point out that there are things that ancient people observed - things that we may not necessarily know about - which we only know of through writings/tales/myths, etc.

"Alexander once said to me, "We are most alone when we are with the myths." - Anthony Hopkins speaking, as, Ptolemy, in "Alexander Revisited - The Final Cut"

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by SikStyles on 02-05-2008 at 09:33 AM

You guys need to watch 2012 Doomsday movie. All we need is a woman in labour and take her to the Mayan temple in Chichen Itza and put her on a rock and deliever the baby, thus saving the world.

(Pointless movie btw, the only excitement was when a group of people were driving in baseball sized hail and the driver got hit by one and died. Though the car took basically no damage. Only a broken windshield)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Vazza on 02-05-2008 at 01:16 PM

Quite frankly hasn't Nostradamus been predict the end of the world every for god know how long?

Personally, if the worlds going to end, I think it will be us, the humans (I was going to say most intelligent species but that would be giving some people too much credit) that end up doing it one way or another whether it be pollution or just plained nuked.

Besides, it can't end in 2012.....Glasgow just got the 2014 Commonwealth Games! And I'd quite like to see my brother take part in them thank you very much

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Volv on 02-05-2008 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
Quite frankly hasn't Nostradamus been predict the end of the world every for god know how long?
Is it just me or does that statement infer that Nostradamus is living?
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Vazza on 02-05-2008 at 04:14 PM

Well...he could be...somewhere....somehow....but seriously, hasn't he 'supposed' to have been predicting the end?

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by meowithorn on 02-11-2008 at 04:36 AM

you fucking retard your trying to lie and scare all these ppl i know for shore at least one of your reasons is wrong so what else is wrong...u might want to check your number 3 reason...its called CERN and its already being used to make anti matter the most deady "thing" in the univers but after 7 years of use we only made enough energy to warm a cup of coffe so shut up and sit down....god find somethin to do get a job or somethin...by the way u just got schooled by a 15 year old

o yea we are over due 65,00 years for the yellow stone volcanoe to blow and many "future tellers" sepperated by hundreds of years all predicted the world would end in 2012

so make up your own mind

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 02-11-2008 at 09:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vazza
Well...he could be...somewhere....somehow....but seriously, hasn't he 'supposed' to have been predicting the end?
He's alive, he consists all the dumbasses that keep adjusting the original crap for it to 'fit'.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by bobby2000 on 02-15-2008 at 10:51 PM

number 8. The UK are attempting to hold an Olympic games :P

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Iceflame on 02-18-2008 at 02:15 PM

This is stupid...well they say and say each day these things.....in 2008 they say it will end in 2012 in 2010 it will say in dunno what year it's like this always cuz everything is changing nothing just stays like this not even weather forecast is right cuz they say it then but when it should be it could just sudenly chance...it hapends at the moment or in a other time you will see what i mean and i think you all did

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by fizzergirl on 02-20-2008 at 06:58 PM

[font=Arial] [size=3] [color=pink]
i suppose it will. We abuse this planet. why shouldnt god press the stop button? we abuse dis planet through global warming, but in the " spiritual" sence we are destroying it with gun crime. drugs, and the other fings goin on out there

This is my opinion :)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Naruto-SR on 02-20-2008 at 10:32 PM

Hello,

After reading 6 pages of post's, which are interesting opinions and views I admit, I come to the point where I thought I had to make a stand.

I am just going to point 1 or 2 thing's out to you, you may not agree .. but as I take this kind of stuff with great interest, it would be good for you to know my opinion.

I don't think there is such thing as Global Warming, changes in global temperatures are natural. There is no proof that temperature is affected by anything that man has done.

In fact, recent severe weather has been directly attributed to a natural phenomenon that occurs every so often called El Nino. It causes ocean temperatures to rise as tropical trade winds actually reverse for a time.

In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.

Just .. don't trust the media.

Thanks.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by MeEtc on 02-20-2008 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Naruto-SR
In fact, recent severe weather has been directly attributed to a natural phenomenon that occurs every so often called El Nino. It causes ocean temperatures to rise as tropical trade winds actually reverse for a time.
El Niño comes and goes. Ocean temperatures have constantly been on the rise.

quote:
In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.
Maybe the Sun is getting warmer? ^o)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 02-21-2008 at 12:19 AM

quote:
In fact, recent severe weather has been directly attributed to a natural phenomenon that occurs every so often called El Nino. It causes ocean temperatures to rise as tropical trade winds actually reverse for a time
only in south/centerish america, not worldwide.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 02-21-2008 at 09:47 AM

quote:
Maybe the Sun is getting warmer? ^o)
Bigger too, untill boom!
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Justin on 02-21-2008 at 01:38 PM

Lol, at the spam i just received

[Image: lololdq9.th.jpg]

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Naruto-SR on 02-21-2008 at 03:37 PM

Hello,

This really is a very interesting thread.

I do reckon you should check out this website, I know the site don't relate to the world ending in 2012, but it does have relation of the topic.

http://www.exitmundi.nl/Sunburn.htm.

Really interesting read (H).

Thanks.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by tenjouten on 02-25-2008 at 08:34 PM

I saw the history channel the other day on the series in "Mega Disasters" and it was about what would happen in the world if oil runs out. It lists everything from gas prices skyrocketing in which affects our transportation, living expenses, our military capacity which affects the prices of basic necessity on things such as food, clothes, and such. This massive inflation on prices causes the world to go into a massive recession, in which millions would become homeless, riots would break out and our whole life style would be destroyed. Not only this, this may also cause war to break out over oil. And if war breaks out, the middle east (the primary source of oil) may resort to using their nuclear weapons they have procured and yadah yadah yadah. The strange thing is the year that the energy experts calculate that oil is going to run-out and cause all this mess is around 2012.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Naruto-SR on 02-25-2008 at 09:00 PM

Hello,

I think i've read something about that before, but in my opinion it will not happen, well .. not for at least, say 50 years from now.

The reason why in my opinion it won't run out is because they keep finding more, and according to articles I have read they think they have only found around 4% of the total amount of oil.

Anyway, that was my two cents.

Thanks.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by sandbar on 02-25-2008 at 11:46 PM

Well, this is just a general reply all of the posts. I am one of those Bible believing Chirstians and I'm not going to kill myself. Killing myself won't do anything or solve anything. Doing that will only make the people that love me cry and make them sad.

Yes, I believe in the second coming of Christ. Yes, I believe that Christ died for my sins. Yes, I believe that once a person is saved, God becomes their "heavenly father". Yes, I believe that all people are sinners. Yes, I believe that I am still a sinner-saved by grace (not by works).  No, I don't believe that going to church will get anyone to heaven. No, I don't believe that the world will end in on dec 12, 2012. Why?   

The Bible states that no man knows when Christ will return. No man knows. I think all this talk about Dec 21 or 22 2012 is just a cover-up from Satan himself!  Yes, I believe that. Satan wants people to take their eyes off of Jesus and think about aliens and the end of the world.  Many many many "predictions" have come and gone.  I'm not worried if the rapture happens in 2012 or 2009 or tomorrow. Oh yes, I am of course a pre-tribuation Christian.

Now, just so you all know that I'm not crazy or a Jesus freak,  anything like that..I am more than a Christian...I am a student at the University of Redlands School of Business and I will be graduting by Sping 2009. I have been in an accredited college since 2002. I started UofR in 2006 and earned my A.S from MSJC in 2006.

I am not all about "relgion" or "Jesus".  I don't always talk about Jesus and the Bible. In fact, I talk more about computers, business relations, customer wants, the kids were I used to work (I used to work at a residental center) and looking for work in a new field. If you knew me, you'd heard me talk more about Asperger Syndrome and Autism in adults than Christ and God anyday.)

As a Christian, it's hard to remember in the everyday "doings" of life that someday...no one knows when...Christ will return for his own.  I guess If I wanted to talk more about Christ, I should read more of my Bible. You can always tell what a person has been reading by what that person talks about.

Now to find additional info on Asperger Syndrome in adults...

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by FootSoulJah on 02-27-2008 at 11:43 PM

I guess I will go and make a bucket list.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 02-28-2008 at 11:10 PM

okay, i hope the world ends so this damn thread gets lost in the emptiness that would be produced..

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 02-29-2008 at 08:36 AM

The world will end because sooner or later everyone on the forum will of posted their ideas of why the world will end into this thread causing mass hysteria all over the world amongst those who have actually read this thread and they'll be psychopaths and kill us all!

Or...global warming will eventually make life unlivable, that or we drown due to rising sea levels. But somehow I don't think any 3 of these ideas will happen before 2012...much.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by user27089 on 02-29-2008 at 04:56 PM

It's just stupid to believe that something like this could possibly be true, there's no physical or scientific proof supporting this theory; and that's all it is. There's no point in believing something that doesn't have any evidence.

Sandbar, you don't need to justify yourself or be scared about people judging that you're a Christian, anyone who does is just silly.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Basilis on 02-29-2008 at 06:00 PM

Agreed. When I talked about Jesus in the thread, everyone started telling me I am saying crap. it is everyone's right to believe to whatever they want. :)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 02-29-2008 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Agreed. When I talked about Jesus in the thread, everyone started telling me I am saying crap. it is everyone's right to believe to whatever they want. :)
Errr, no. We were just saying that it's not correct, as no one knows.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Basilis on 02-29-2008 at 06:18 PM

You cannot be sure if it is correct or not. It is my opinion and you have another. Don't try to persuade me for something that you also can't prove.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 02-29-2008 at 06:22 PM

I'm not =/

Before all that was said was that the story of Jesus may not be true, I never said that my opinion was correct.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Basilis on 02-29-2008 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vaccination
Errr, no. We were just saying that it's not correct, as no one knows.

Are you sure you didn't say that my opinion is not true. First of all, how can you be so sure that it is not?
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 02-29-2008 at 06:29 PM

wtf?

I said that your opinion isn't fact, nor is mine, because no one knows, but what happened before was that you were saying that yours was fact, which is why the problem arose in the first place. Neither are fact, and I'm not going to argue with you again the reasons why I believe science over the Jesus theory.

There should be no need for you to reply to this post ¬_¬

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Basilis on 02-29-2008 at 06:33 PM

Okay. As I said it is your opinion and it is mine. No problem with that. Gamhmeno kwlopaido. :)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by John Anderton on 03-01-2008 at 07:46 AM

oh ffs... why is this thread still alive?
* John Anderton feeds it cyanide :P

1 Reason why the world could end tomorrow..
It just could. Don't believe me? Wait till tomorrow. If it is still alive, it could always end the day after.. lets wait an watch..
Or why not just go on with out lives until the world actually ends? How about that? :P

quote:
Originally posted by first post
The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.
It does? I must be really ignorant cause I've never heard this sort of thing in my 20 years in India. Got proof? :P
Yes. I just re-read the first post. No idea why I never noticed it before.. I guess I just browsed through the first one and fell asleep because of utter bullshit :) I'm allergic to bullshit, you see ;)
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Th3rmal on 03-01-2008 at 07:50 AM

lol thread has had 157391 views

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by High Speed Chaser on 03-01-2008 at 08:55 AM

I think the world will end sooner rather than later but not in 2012.

Somebody please :locknana: this thread.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Chris4 on 03-01-2008 at 05:31 PM

|-)

quote:
All paranoid nonsense, very good for a Blockbuster movie or interesting to read about. Nothing to worry about...
:locknana:

On another note.. The 16 pages of nonsense made it onto Google top results. Click. Click.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 03-01-2008 at 11:23 PM

Here's an idea. How about you don't spam my thread. No one is forcing you to post in it. It wouldn't need to be locked if idiots didn't post shit in it.

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
It does? I must be really ignorant cause I've never heard this sort of thing in my 20 years in India. Got proof?
I already said I read it in a magazine and thought I'd post it up for a laugh. You know a bit of discussion. I personally do not believe any of this crap ;)
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Spunky on 03-02-2008 at 01:59 AM

In 2012 this will be moved to T&T and cause massive server errors and make browsers say "WTFY2KISBAK!!!" killing everything.... Even the O RLY owl :o

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by High Speed Chaser on 03-02-2008 at 02:03 AM

quote:
On another note.. The 16 pages of nonsense made it onto Google top results. Click. Click.

lol!

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
In 2012 this will be moved to T&T
O RLY?

Seriously this should be :locknana:!

Yes the world will end just not in 2012!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Justin on 03-02-2008 at 02:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by High Speed Chaser
quote:

Theres another forum with exactly the same thread, only read the first few sentences, seemed to match word for word :/

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by John Anderton on 03-02-2008 at 05:02 AM

JustIncredible failed at quotes. :(
People should either discuss about the topic or stop spamming it with random posts.. I don't think its going to be locked anyway :P

Now who here still thinks the world is going to end? Give me points and I'll try to shoot them down ;)
And I mean actual points. No "This says this" shiz :P

quote:
I already said I read it in a magazine and thought I'd post it up for a laugh.
lol. pix/links or it didn't happen! :P
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 03-02-2008 at 01:15 PM

quote:
lol. pix/links or it didn't happen! :P
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=74...d=817370#pid817370

I'll try find the magazine aswell.
quote:
Originally posted by JustIncredible
Theres another forum with exactly the same thread, only read the first few sentences, seemed to match word for word :/
Edited for Aardvark: They just copied and pasted mine. Go read what date they were posted then check mine. I typed mine word for word. I did not say this was my idea, I thought of it first I own you etc..
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 03-03-2008 at 05:50 AM

I doubt you're the first person to speculate EVER half a dozen reasons why we're all gonna die run for your lives...more or less. :P

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by nethel28 on 03-03-2008 at 06:41 PM

Thats bullshit it doesn't matter if the world will end today or whenever what is important is to live 1 day at a time and make the most of it so if you die... atleast you enjoy your life... (6)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 03-03-2008 at 07:04 PM

Even if you don't enjoy your life it'll still be over so it's not like you can be all "awh man, I wish I'd enjoyed life more" because you wouldn't have any consciousness

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 03-03-2008 at 08:44 PM

this thread has been closed. the end of the world will be in 6/6/2066, kthx.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 03-03-2008 at 10:08 PM

quote:
this thread has been closed. the end of the world will be in 6/6/2066, kthx.

Wouldn't it make sense for the end of the world to be 6/6/6666 - TWO ANTI-CHRISTS!!!:O:O:

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Basilis on 03-03-2008 at 10:13 PM

The same had been said on the 6/6/2006. On that day, there was a movie released. I think it was called Omen. That bullshit has to stop sometime. And even if this thread is right and the world will end in 2012, no one will be able to congratulate its author. The reason is obvious... :)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Tasha on 03-03-2008 at 10:21 PM

quote:
The same had been said on the 6/6/2006. On that day, there was a movie released. I think it was called Omen.

To my knowledge, the movie The Omen was not about the end of the world, so there we go.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Basilis on 03-03-2008 at 10:22 PM

I remember it was released that day and it was talking about the end of the world. I am not sure though.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by deAd on 03-03-2008 at 10:31 PM

quote:
I remember it was released that day and it was talking about the end of the world. I am not sure though.
I don't remember it being about the end of the world...it was about the son of the devil in human form wreaking havoc on people :P
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 03-04-2008 at 05:51 AM

2012. 12/2 = 6, therefore 12/12/2012 it's the end of the world!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by JVBeats on 03-04-2008 at 02:05 PM

I'm most likley wrong, but I thought it would be cool to add my thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't our solar system supposed to pass through the center of the galaxy in 2012 or something to that effect?  The reason I'm asking is because I have seen many articles saying there is a black hole at the center of the milkyway. If I've put 2 & 2 together, that equals 4 rite? Nah, but really, It seems that this path could lead to some shrinkage.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by daryll_s on 03-04-2008 at 06:54 PM

quote:
Oh noes, can't miss London 2012 :(

Aload of cr*p though, I see this every year :dodgy:

EBFL, ICD: The world is not going to end :tongue:

well.. not anytime soon..anyways
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by CookieRevised on 03-04-2008 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JVBeats
I'm most likley wrong, but I thought it would be cool to add my thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't our solar system supposed to pass through the center of the galaxy in 2012 or something to that effect?  The reason I'm asking is because I have seen many articles saying there is a black hole at the center of the milkyway. If I've put 2 & 2 together, that equals 4 rite? Nah, but really, It seems that this path could lead to some shrinkage.
you're wrong, fortunatly :p

It would be the same as saying that the moon will pass through the sun within a few years (while all other planets and moons nicely stay in orbit).

Our solarsystem turns around the center of our galaxy (The Milkeyway) together with a gazzilion other 'solar' systems, just as the planets of our solar system turn around the sun.

In essence, our solarsystem is a miniature version of our galaxy: the sun being the center, and the planets representing the solar systems. Just as the Earth and the Moon are a mini-mini-galaxy. Just as atoms and electrodes are mini-mini-mini-galaxies, etc...

What might be happening is that someday our solar system would be nicely aligned so that we could point telescopes towards the center of our galaxy to study it without interferance of other planets, or something like that. Or that the sun would be nicely aligned with the center in reference to the Earth, etc...

But the entire solar system suddenly travelling out of orbit and going on vacation to the center of the Milkeyway is a bit wrong ;) (if that would be true then all our star constilations would already be completely different and we would already suffer from various disasters caused by gravity shifts and whatever).
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Chris4 on 03-05-2008 at 04:10 AM

quote:
we would already suffer from various disasters caused by gravity shifts and whatever
Changing the gravity sounds fun (Y).
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Soardra on 03-05-2008 at 05:49 AM

* Soardra just read all the posts in this topic minus the ones deleted *

Hmm, I don't believe in this "The world's gonna end" nonsense because of a few things. One, I try not to look into "the future" of things because what happens happens. I've made some really dumb choices in my life that I regret not acting on, but nothing can change that. At the moment I cant comprehend an existance away from my parent's house. (Yes, I know that's very sad...I don't have very lofty goals, k?). I'm just happy that I DON'T know all that there is to know because that means I can spend more time happily learning.

Another thing, just because it's being predicted "CATASTROPHY! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" Does not mean that the "World" will end. nothing can be completely destroyed because every single atom in the universe is simply moving to another spot, spliting, and combineing...there is no such thing as true destruction because even in the wake of destruction new life is formed and the leftovers are...well, left behind.

If we were to kill ourselves a new form of life would take over the world. Just think about the dinosaurs...if there hadn't been a mass extinction of reptiles the mammals would not have become the dominate kingdom it is today. For all we know if we die a superior species will take our place.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by JVBeats on 03-06-2008 at 09:05 AM

I think we'll kill each other be4 anything natural can wipe us out.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Quantum on 03-06-2008 at 07:49 PM

quote:

No...
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 03-06-2008 at 07:57 PM

quote:
quote:

No...
Why not?
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by alister on 03-12-2008 at 09:25 PM

lol yeah lets all worry about somthing that may or may not happen 8-) maybe one of us may walk accross a road at some point be4 then and be hit by a car lol we should have a topic why u may be hit by a car be4  2012 could be drunk crossing a road rampaging drivers ect ect lmao great topic

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by pointono on 03-16-2008 at 12:31 PM

1. MAYAN CALENDAR

Do you speak Mayan?? Can you really interpret their writings?? Or are you just taking some untrustworthy person's word for it ...?

2. SUN STORMS

What a load of tosh! Ask any person who works at Energex ...

3. THE ATOM SMASHER

It would require much too much energy to create a black hole ... and to operate such a big particle accelerator. Even so, the particle accelerator WOULD NOT create mini black holes. That is the most impractical argument I have ever heard! Man you need debating classes!

4. THE BIBLE SAYS ...

Have you even read the Bible? Has it ever struck you that there is very little violence and no wars in the Bible (definitely no battles between good & evil)?

5. SUPER VOLCANO

a) The ash would not affect the atmosphere, merely the air in the surrounding area.
b) Ash in the atmosphere would not completely block the sun anyway.

6. THE PHYSICISTS

a) You titled this point 'the physicists'. If you had any idea what you were talking about, you would write 'the mathematicians'. For your information, a physicist is a type of scientist.
b) What does maths have to do with anything anyway? Mathematicians wouldn't be interested in tragic world events that would completely destroy life ...

7. SLIP-SLOP-SLAP-BANG!

Okay ... words can't even describe how stupid this idea is. I am going to go work for NASA in a few years, I think I'd know ...

So, there you have it, folks. Just some idiot trying to show off that he's in the know.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 03-16-2008 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pointono
Big fail here for the guy that is going to work at NASA soon. Did you even bother to read any of the thread.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 03-16-2008 at 02:14 PM

quote:

5. SUPER VOLCANO

a) The ash would not affect the atmosphere, merely the air in the surrounding area.
b) Ash in the atmosphere would not completely block the sun anyway.

You do realise it is entirely possible for ash from a volcano to block out the sun. Also, if enough ash was released it could easily cover the entire planet, wind is a powerful thing you know.

Secondly, Math and science are VERY closely related, especially in Physics.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by chrisracus on 03-18-2008 at 02:02 AM

Although there are many reasons that the world may end in 2012.

The true reason will be caused by an impact as we move into our 28,000 year cycle through the galaxy.

The Planets in our solar system rotates around our Sun, and our Sun rotates around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. But our galaxy does not move on one plain, but rather in a circular motion that travels from high to low (rather like a hoola hoop spinning around your waist).

Every 28,000 years our solar system reaches a "plain" in our galaxy and is aligned with the center of our galaxy.

It is on this "plain" that most of the debris left over from the creation of our galaxy exist (Asteroids, Comets, etc). Scientists have discovered that we will enter this "plain" in 2012. And at that time, I believe our planet will be pummeled by these debris.
Maybe even by another solar system or Sun crossing our path?

Look at all the near earth objects that we have been encountering. The last one missed us by only 1.5 x the distance from the earth to the moon (That is really close in cosmic terms).
and it's only going to get worse. And with the changing of the earths magnetic fields in 2012 (After completion of the earths wobble) we will not have any protection against even the smallest atmospheric intruders. Look at the small asteroid that crashed near Yakima, Washington.

I think we all better get out our telescopes and try to locate what's coming so we can all head to high ground and play dodge ball?

More info can be found here http://alignment2012.com/whatisGA.htm

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by matt on 03-18-2008 at 04:51 AM

Hi Phillip,

I don't think u are out of ur mind or something,
but i would like to know where did u get that data?

what's ur source?

Honestly i don't think, as you said, that the world will
end on 2012, something good will happen.

will see ur answer.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Oxy on 03-18-2008 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisracus
Maybe even by another solar system or Sun crossing our path?
It'd be great if we got killed shortly after we find out just how big the universe is/the meaning of life.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 03-18-2008 at 04:02 PM

You're all wrong, the world will end when I die, all life extends from me!

Yes, I know, I am very sorry about that.  But hey, what can you do?

But seriously though, I am just glad no one have brought up the Planet X theory yet.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Jesus on 03-18-2008 at 04:16 PM

Funny to see how many people in this thread apparently signed up just to reply to this thread :P

I thought the world recently ended twice both on 1-1-2000 and on 6-6-2006.

or was the latter just the birth of the antichrist?

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 03-18-2008 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
Funny to see how many people in this thread apparently signed up just to reply to this thread :P

I thought the world recently ended twice both on 1-1-2000 and on 6-6-2006.

or was the latter just the birth of the antichrist?
Shouldn't you know?
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by matt on 03-18-2008 at 05:29 PM

quote:
The same had been said on the 6/6/2006. On that day, there was a movie released. I think it was called Omen. That bullshit has to stop sometime. And even if this thread is right and the world will end in 2012, no one will be able to congratulate its author. The reason is obvious... :)

that is right.

quote:
Originally posted by Svip
quote:
Originally posted by [[_BIgor_]]
Would be good if the Scientists start putting some attention on real solutions, not just problems and telling that we will die.
Edit: Stupid slippery mouse!

Anyway, here is what I wanted to say;

Yeah, problems such as?  I don't hear scientists telling us we are all going to die.  They are just telling us life will be worse with global warming and what not.  They have solutions for global warming.  And so you ask, why isn't anything being done?  Because of politicians and companies.  They have their reasons not to use the solutions proposed... money.

Seriously, most science is stopped by government interference because the government fear it may pose some issues regarding its ability to produce higher economic flow in their country.  And a lot of the solutions proposed by the scientists will put limitations on certain areas for companies.

But I have never heard real scientists said we are all going to die.

I agree on the scientists, didn't mean that they are bad guys.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Basilis on 03-18-2008 at 05:54 PM

Please, don't triple post. There is an "Edit" button down to the right of each of your posts which you can use to edit your posts instead of triple and double posting. Just informing you. :)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 03-18-2008 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by [[_BIgor_]]
Would be good if the Scientists start putting some attention on real solutions, not just problems and telling that we will die.
Edit: Stupid slippery mouse!

Anyway, here is what I wanted to say;

Yeah, problems such as?  I don't hear scientists telling us we are all going to die.  They are just telling us life will be worse with global warming and what not.  They have solutions for global warming.  And so you ask, why isn't anything being done?  Because of politicians and companies.  They have their reasons not to use the solutions proposed... money.

Seriously, most science is stopped by government interference because the government fear it may pose some issues regarding its ability to produce higher economic flow in their country.  And a lot of the solutions proposed by the scientists will put limitations on certain areas for companies.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by matt on 03-18-2008 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Please, don't triple post. There is an "Edit" button down to the right of each of your posts which you can use to edit your posts instead of triple and double posting. Just informing you. :)

GOOD POINT. =D
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Jesus on 03-18-2008 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Me neither, but I'm absolutely sure we're all going to die some day...
Maybe not all at the same day, but everyone will die at least once :P
Just a matter of objective observation.
RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by matt on 03-19-2008 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jesus
quote:
Me neither, but I'm absolutely sure we're all going to die some day...
Maybe not all at the same day, but everyone will die at least once :P
Just a matter of objective observation.

yeah, we will die someday and somehow.  there is no doubt about that.  :^)
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by aeromanx on 03-22-2008 at 04:15 PM

Did anyone ever consider that the Myan race died out? Let me see...Hmmmm. Has ANYONE ever been in the middle of a project which would have taken a long time and died before it was compelted?....Hmmmm.  Is it even remotely possible that the Myans were preparing calendars and just happened to die off before they were finished?....Hmmmm.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 03-22-2008 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aeromanx
Did anyone ever consider that the Myan race died out? Let me see...Hmmmm. Has ANYONE ever been in the middle of a project which would have taken a long time and died before it was compelted?....Hmmmm.  Is it even remotely possible that the Myans were preparing calendars and just happened to die off before they were finished?....Hmmmm.
Or could it be they didn't even expect themselves to exist that long?  So why make it longer?
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by CookieRevised on 03-22-2008 at 06:50 PM

There is nothing which says that the Mayan calender stopped or will stop at one point! In fact, if you whish, you can still use the Mayan calender now and you would still be able to use it one million yeas from now. It is a calender like so many other calenders we know today, nothing special, except for the fact that it is more precise than other calenders of that time. Everything else is just superstitious talk.

No, the Mayan calender does not stop in 2012, it simply starts counting again, just like we start counting again each year at newyear, just as the Chinese start counting again on their newyear, which is different from Western calenders, etc!

quote:
Okay ... words can't even describe how stupid this idea is. I am going to go work for NASA in a few years, I think I'd know ...
Congratulations. Though I hope you do realise that for instance the ashes thrown out by a super volcano DOES affect the atmosphere, even world wide. In fact, you don't need a supervolcano for that to happen, see some of the last big eruptions, even in this last century.... And even at the NASA headcourters there are jenators, they work for NASA too, if you catch my drift.

quote:
(...) And at that time, I believe our planet will be pummeled by these debris.  Maybe even by another solar system or Sun crossing our path?
:rolleyes:
quote:
(...) and it's only going to get worse.
who says so?
quote:
And with the changing of the earths magnetic fields in 2012 (After completion of the earths wobble) we will not have any protection against even the smallest atmospheric intruders.
ermmm. yeah.... source? Or this is another thing based upon what you've "read on the net"?
quote:
Look at the small asteroid that crashed near Yakima, Washington.
??????? What about it? It's an meteorite. What should that proof?

Maybe you better read up on some proper material from the LINEAR or NEAT team, or from SpaceWatch instead of letting imagination taking over...
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 03-22-2008 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Did anyone ever consider that the Myan race died out? Let me see...Hmmmm. Has ANYONE ever been in the middle of a project which would have taken a long time and died before it was compelted

HMMMMMMMMMMMM..... the myan race never existed? the mayan race didn't die out.

have you even seen a mayan calendar? haha. read on the mayan calendar, plzkthx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar#Calendar_Round

it never talks about your crap
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Baggins on 03-22-2008 at 07:13 PM

quote:
quote:
Or could it be they didn't even expect themselves to exist that long?  So why make it longer?
That seems quite pessimistic.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Raul^7 on 03-22-2008 at 07:41 PM

never know never know

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by John Anderton on 03-23-2008 at 08:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
quote:
quote:
Not really.
Chances of the earth surviving at the current rate till the year 3001 seems slim. Why see what day 01/01/3001 is then? :P
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Wendigo on 03-23-2008 at 03:58 PM

I like how this is a poll, like it's all a matter of opinion. :) Anyways, the world will probably end in about 4.6 billion years, when the sun transforms into a red giant, possibly getting big enough to engulf the earth in a cloud of cosmic gas around 5000 K in temperature, or possibly sending the earth into a radically different orbit, killing of all life as we then know it because of a global and drastic change in climate. (not like the ice caps melting, more like them evaporating, or the temperature dropping to -100 degrees Celsius average)

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by kdlight on 03-30-2008 at 03:06 AM

Hey, folks you forgot the 8th reason, a prophecy by St. Malachy, who lived in the middle ages, had the gift of prophecy and predicted, with deadly accuracy, the lingeage of popes from his time down to the present.

According to St. Malachy, the second-to-the-last pope is now reigning. The last pope will reign over the Catholic Church, in the end times.

I know some folks were were rather upset when the present pope was elected, because he is awfully old.

kdl

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 03-30-2008 at 03:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kdlight
According to St. Malachy, the second-to-the-last pope is now reigning.
How? Did they specify what year the pope would be elected? How many popes it would be until then? etc.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by kdlight on 03-30-2008 at 03:18 PM

No, he just gave a succession of popes from the middle ages on down, no dates. And no mention of 2012.

But, we if we are now experiencing the 2nd-to-the-last pope and the last one is supposed to reign when the world comes to an end, it looks to be getting awfully close to the doomsday date we are discussing.

You can read about St. Malachy's predictions on the internet, they are all over the place, some of them tied to doomsday.

kdl

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Curtis on 03-30-2008 at 07:32 PM

I love how when I started reading this thread, Final Countdown came on in Winamp.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by djdannyp on 03-30-2008 at 07:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
I love how when I started reading this thread, Final Countdown came on in Winamp.

I love that song!  It's my top score on PS3 Singstar, lol

I love the guitar solo tooo.....lost a whole afternoon just looking at ppls uploaded videos of the guitar solo on youtube
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 03-31-2008 at 01:24 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
quote:
quote:
Not really.
Chances of the earth surviving at the current rate till the year 3001 seems slim. Why see what day 01/01/3001 is then? :P
You obviously didn't watch Futurama, otherwise you wouldn't be saying such!

Seriously though, I am quite sure the Mayans were aware their calendar was flawed, but since it would first be a problem so many years in the future, they didn't felt they needed to bother.  It was working fine for them at the time, so why remake it?

And if they really did think it would be the end of the world, what did they design as the beginning of the calendar?
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Nathan on 03-31-2008 at 01:28 AM

202396views :O

Wow this is a real attention grabber!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Th3rmal on 03-31-2008 at 09:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
202396views :O

Wow this is a real attention grabber!
and its still going, its become one of the most popular threads according to the stats...
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Cherry_Blossom on 03-31-2008 at 10:03 PM

wasnt there something about the world ending in 2000?

or am i being thick lol

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Quantum on 03-31-2008 at 10:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cherry_Blossom

or am i being thick lol

Well there will always be a group of people predicting that the world will end in X years but unless there's strong scientific saying the world will end in 2012 that's when i will panic.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Th3rmal on 03-31-2008 at 11:09 PM

quote:
quote:

or am i being thick lol

Well there will always be a group of people predicting that the world will end in X years but unless there's strong scientific saying the world will end in 2012 that's when i will panic.
why panic, if its going to happen there isnt much that we can do about it..just live out our lives...

i personally dont think the world will end too soon but i am concerned about global warming and climate change...
RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by matt on 03-31-2008 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
climate change...

This is something that concerns me honestly, I don't want a climate change, that wouldn't be good.:(
RE: RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 04-01-2008 at 05:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MerK
quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
climate change...

This is something that concerns me honestly, I don't want a climate change, that wouldn't be good.:(
A climate change? Global warming has been going on since the start of time. And something cool my chemistry teacher taught us, carbon dioxide actually contributes a very small to it, the thing which contributes the most is something that is emitted from the ocean (carbon monoxide I think, I can't remember...). But yeah something along those lines.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by CookieRevised on 04-01-2008 at 06:10 AM

I think you need to ask your teacher again to explain it properly then, because CO2 or whatever gas (might not be CO2 itself but accompanying gasses) sure contributes a big part of it, although indirectly. Or he is actually talking about something else, like how the earth regulates its own "termostat" so to speak to keep temperature somewhat balanced (as that is very roughly speaking what the oceans do). But that the oceans are responsible to the global warming is a bit wrong I think.

Global warming is not something which is been going on since the start of time (in fact, it would be more like global cooling if anything). Global warming is what we understand about the rapid (most likely unnatural) warming up of the earth as the result of the green house effect.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 04-01-2008 at 06:14 AM

Yeah I figured there was something dodgy about what I said, it was a bit of a vague memory so he probably did say something else along those lines of what you've mentioned

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vaccination on 04-01-2008 at 07:18 AM

quote:

or am i being thick lol

Y2K

--
Also, the oceans have been letting off CO2 gas since forever, it's part of a natural process of diffusion, the reason Humans are blamed for Global Warming is because there was a very delicate balance and we're upsetting that balance, even if only by adding 1% more CO2 gas to the atmosphere.

IMO however, I'm not worried about global warming, I believe it is just because we are on the peak of a hot spot, in other words we're leaving a ice age, will reach a peak and then will fall into another ice age. The real issue is scientists believe we are speeding up this process, but I mean, if it's gunna happen, why does it matter how fast it comes..
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Cherry_Blossom on 04-01-2008 at 09:24 AM

I love it when men talk sience lol

If global warming has been happening since like forever then surely we only caused a very small part of it coz we aint been here forever

p.s. i appolagize for my spelling (am dyslexic) and gramma n stuff lol

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 04-01-2008 at 09:48 AM

Actually considering the population of earth and if you actually watch smoke come out of a truck IN REAL LIFE you realize how scary and disgusting it is, and it becomes evident this is real and how it can and has happened in such a "short" period of time.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Cherry_Blossom on 04-01-2008 at 09:59 AM

I wernt saying it wasnt real i just cant believe its all our fault. to be honest i think the world is trying to clean itself but may have watched day after tomorrow 1 too many times

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 04-01-2008 at 10:01 AM

I wasn't saying you said it wasn't real I was just stating my own personal experience, as well as the fact it's very possible we could've caused it in a very short time frame.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Cherry_Blossom on 04-01-2008 at 10:19 AM

to be honest i think we cant change it now its already happening and at such a rate prob the best we can do is slow it down minutly and to that every single person would have to change to green energy but atm its more expensive so not many ppl will do it. plus i ride a motorbike dont drive a car so i have less imissions anyway :P

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 04-01-2008 at 02:48 PM

Global Warming hasn't been happening since forever.  Only since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.  Sure there have been CO2 going up in the air since forever.  But the balance between what nature produced and the planet's temperature was perfect.

Then we add some more CO2 to the mix and the balance breaks.  That is what the whole thing is about!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Eddie on 04-01-2008 at 03:40 PM

quote:
to be honest i think we cant change it now its already happening and at such a rate prob the best we can do is slow it down minutly and to that every single person would have to change to green energy but atm its more expensive so not many ppl will do it. plus i ride a motorbike dont drive a car so i have less imissions anyway :P
I have to disagree that we may be to late to try and change it, i think it is still possible to change it, but possibly by 2015 it may be to late to then try and start changing it, the only problem is governments do not want the expenses of keeping the world clean.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Cherry_Blossom on 04-02-2008 at 09:42 AM

Ok i get ur point but i wont go green untill it costs the same or less as the rest. I walk pretty much everywhere just use my bike when i have to. i will do my bit when the goverment does theirs

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Eddie on 04-02-2008 at 09:50 AM

I agree with not spending to much until the ridiculous prices drops on things, i use public transport as much as possible i guess, not that it helps as much as riding a bike but hey.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 04-02-2008 at 09:50 AM

quote:
Ok i get ur point but i wont go green untill it costs the same or less as the rest. I walk pretty much everywhere just use my bike when i have to. i will do my bit when the goverment does theirs
Whats so hard about turning shit off from the power point..? If you were to spend money on them energy saving globes you would probably save more money in the end. They last alot longer than the regular bayonet globes. Things like recycling properly helps to. The government isn't going to come to your house just to turn your lights off and don't forget that you save money by doing this aswell.
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
I agree with not spending to much until the ridiculous prices drops on things, i use public transport as much as possible i guess, not that it helps as much as riding a bike but hey.
What exactly is so expensive..? Am I missing something here..? Wait till you move out and then you will know what truly is expensive.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Cherry_Blossom on 04-02-2008 at 09:51 AM

Oh btw its a motorbike so not that good lol. i do turn the lights off when i leave a room and the only stuff pluged in and left on at night is my tv and laptop and if anyone touches my laptop there will be hell to pay.

plus i have moved out lol I am married ffs

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 04-02-2008 at 09:51 AM

quote:
That's not the best way to look at things. We have to go the hard yards because they (governments) don't want to. If we all start doing things and they refuse to budge they will be the ones who will have the pressure put onto them and be forced to act.

If the cost doesn't go down to what we're currently paying now it's either we stay cheap to destroy our planet or fork out a little bit extra to preserve the planet we have worked so hard to develop.

So realistically we don't really have a choice. Either do something and pay a little more or do nothing and pay a lot more. If the prices ever did come down I don't think that would be any time relatively soon, some sort of energy production breakthrough would be in order for that to happen, cos like it costs 10c per kilowatt hour on what we're using now but if we went nuclear it would be something like 25c per kilowatt hour.

EDIT: Rah Phillip basically said everything I said while I was typing this
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by eyrie on 04-04-2008 at 12:14 PM

oh?
youe mean we'll die in 2012?

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by prashker on 04-04-2008 at 12:15 PM

no it means that we're talking about in 2012 15 zombie Jesus' will come out of the ground :p

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 04-04-2008 at 01:29 PM

quote:
no it means that we're talking about in 2012 15 zombie Jesus' will come out of the ground :p
So Jesus was Mayan?  Interesting...
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by danimal on 04-06-2008 at 09:06 PM

Well there is one thing that has been overlooked here folks, and the most plausable to date. On the Winter solstice in 2012, the Earth, and the Sol, (the sun) will enter a type of eclipse in line with the black hole in the center of the Milky way. We will then pass over the galactic equater. Sounds like a good time for a ploe shift to me.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by hbk2818 on 04-07-2008 at 02:21 AM

nope, won't let it cause the car I want the most, the Nissan R34 GT-R Spec-V II becomes legal on that year...

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Ohwowwtf on 04-11-2008 at 01:25 PM

"The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about 21 December 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a mis-interpretation."

Tell me guys,what do you think about that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar#Calendar_Round

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by sfxrace on 04-15-2008 at 07:48 PM

[font=Times New Roman][size=2][color=black]
I do think that the world mayend in December 2012.
***Don't be afraid, appreciate life and the time we have left on earth! Wouldn't you rather know?!
I had a friend share an eye-opening video just recently (www.youtube.com  then type in Dooms Day End of the world and watch the two part video.) When you see that all these different cultures have come up with the same exact "End of the World" date, without working together, it's definitely eye opening. The USA keeps a lid on things like this. Think about it though... They can accurately tell us when there will be an eclipse. They can even tell us when other planets, such as, Mars or Saturn will be able to be seen. They must know when Earth is expected to shift or move. We are supposed to be in the 4th world right now. The mayans say our time on earth will be a time where people only believe what they can see. They say we will all be joined together and communicate as one universe in the end.
Maybe all of the life forms that have died, have now become part of the universe. Maybe they are the endless stars we see in the sky. Maybe we will become stars, too. For now...ENJOY LIFE!!

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Voldemort on 04-15-2008 at 09:07 PM

mayans never said that.

ffs.
mayans never said that
mayans never said that
mayans never said that
mayans never said that
mayans never said that

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by spankzs on 04-23-2008 at 04:27 AM

the world will end when........................ they stop making final fantasy's

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by awesoomeness on 04-28-2008 at 07:42 AM

Umm, just because all these so called "skilled scientists" say that <i>THE WORLD WILL END DECEMBER 21, 2012</i>, does NOT mean it's gona be true. They said that the world would end New Year's day, 2000, and the universe is still here. Okay, I am a religous person, and I don't wanna offend anyone. But in the bible, it says that God determines when the end of the world will come. Nobody knows when it is, and nobody can predict when it is, either. That is what I have learned, at least. I also think that these scientists need to stop. They're what are destroying the world. For example, the nuclear bombs. People are what are destroying the earth right now. This is a side thought, but the wars in Iraq do NOT help the situation. If you don't want any nuclear bombing end of the world stuff, then people should just stop hating eachother! I know I might sound like some hippy, but why can't we just get along? Why does everybody have to be fighting all the time? It makes me sick when those terrorists bomb innocent people just to prove a point. :@ All 9/11 did was kill thousands of people. And not only that, but killed the insides of the people that survived. I'm getting off to the wrong point here, but the <B>"END OF THE WORLD"</b> can come anytime. Nobody KNOWS when it is. It could be tomorrow, could be a thousand years from now. We should just enjoy life, and make peace with others.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 04-28-2008 at 07:57 AM

quote:
God determines when the end of the world will come
Excellent. Not only is God an intelligent designer he's also an intelligent destroyer.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 04-28-2008 at 11:59 AM

Hey, awesoomeness, I found this useful FAQ for you.

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Jarrod on 04-28-2008 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Hey, awesoomeness, I found this useful FAQ for you.
I was  expecting something a bit more climactic but well put Svip.
*jarrod goes back to reading his scietology book
I'm actually apart of the church of the flying spaghetti monster ;) :p
RE: RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Aardvark on 04-28-2008 at 12:47 PM

*jarrod goes back to reading his scietology book
I'm actually apart of the church of the flying spaghetti monster ;) :p

Xenu does not approve of this nonsense! He shall SUE YOU!
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 04-28-2008 at 12:54 PM

Yeah requesting a lock again. Seems people can't find T+T. I'll request it unlocked December 2012.

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Volv on 04-28-2008 at 02:41 PM

I still don't see why it should be locked...

RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by absorbation on 04-28-2008 at 02:52 PM

How has this thread had a quarter of a million views? :P

RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by vikke on 04-28-2008 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
How has this thread had a quarter of a million views? :P
Yet only 162 votes..
RE: RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Phillip on 04-28-2008 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Because half the replies in my thread have absolutely nothing to do with what I originally posted. How would you like it if you posted something up that you were interested in and every second reply was spam not to mention the replies abusing me. There is not really much left to discuss on the matter and anything interesting based on the same subject deserves its on thread because it wont get a sensible reply in here. If you feel that strongly about the subject you are always free to start up another thread.

That's my final reply and if you don't agree with it I suggest you go take it up with an admin.
RE: 7 reasons the world will end in 2012 by Svip on 04-28-2008 at 04:34 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Because half the replies in my thread have absolutely nothing to do with what I originally posted. How would you like it if you posted something up that you were interested in and every second reply was spam not to mention the replies abusing me.
I think Volv would realise what an idiot he had been.  Obviously not you!