Shoutbox

[release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator (/showthread.php?tid=74732)

[release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by markee on 05-27-2007 at 05:55 AM

For the people who want to generate random coordinates to check, here is a script to help you.  You can access the window through either the command "/coord" or through the menu and you will be given a list of 10 coordinates.  If you press "Generate" then you will get 10 more, however you will never see those ones again (unless you delete the text file it makes....).  I do realise there is not much use to this script but it does save you from clicking the same one twice and also gets you to still click but its not like you ave to think of where to click.

Just because the locations of the prizes are made by randomness does not mean that the randomness of this script will match.  If anyone wins using the coordinates generated by this script can you please tell me, i would love to hear it.

Thanks again to NanaFreak for making the windows too.

RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by John Anderton on 05-27-2007 at 08:00 AM

So when people do /coord, the script generates a click at a random location?
That is not allowed as per the rules of the game. You need to click in a "human way" :P

RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by NanaFreak on 05-27-2007 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
That is not allowed as per the rules of the game. You need to click in a "human way" :P
it doesnt click... it just gives you a place to click it yourself :) still clicking manually :)
RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by prashker on 05-27-2007 at 08:04 AM

quote:

No, it just gives you random coordinates for the human to manually click :p.
RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by markee on 05-27-2007 at 08:18 AM

quote:
I could adjust it to do that but it would require me losing more clicking time and would be cheating... though its not like Patchou could tell the difference between the clicks.... (unless he can tell the difference easily between a humans ordered "random" selection and a computer's pseudo randomness).
RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by NiteMare on 05-27-2007 at 08:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
I could adjust it to do that but it would require me losing more clicking time and would be cheating... though its not like Patchou could tell the difference between the clicks.... (unless he can tell the difference easily between a humans ordered "random" selection and a computer's pseudo randomness).
wwell i think you'd be automaticaly disqualifyed if you released that script:P
RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by NanaFreak on 05-27-2007 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
wwell i think you'd be automaticaly disqualifyed if you released that script:P
why would we release it? =p we would use it to own you all (6)
RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by Volv on 05-27-2007 at 08:32 AM

Well you wouldn't be able to click all the pixels in one week anyway, it's physically impossible given the time delay between clicks.

RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by markee on 05-27-2007 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Well you wouldn't be able to click all the pixels in one week anyway, it's physically impossible given the time delay between clicks.
Yes, but if you have multiple computers....

* markee stops with his ludicrous ideas
RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by Volv on 05-27-2007 at 08:52 AM

You would need at least 8 computers to finish within the week.

RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by markee on 05-27-2007 at 08:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
You would need at least 8 computers to finish within the week.
Maybe I don't want all of the prizes though.... then I don't need to have 8, i could just use one or two and get a few of them....
RE: [release] Contest Co-ordinate Generator by Volv on 05-27-2007 at 09:00 AM

Well with one or two you'd only finish 12 to 25% of the map, so there's no real guarantee you would get any =/