Shoutbox

Suggestion: Disable custom emoticons/winks from individual contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion: Disable custom emoticons/winks from individual contacts (/showthread.php?tid=74754)

Suggestion: Disable custom emoticons/winks from individual contacts by communinja on 05-27-2007 at 05:38 PM

There are a lot of people who use custom emoticons with respect and restraint.  But i have a few contacts who needless replace portions or words or entire words with flashing pointlessness.
example, anything in '[  ]'s are the part of the word replaced with an emoticon:
[oh] man, that [sucks]! can[not] believe it! [have] [you] [see]n the...
etc etc.
and many of those icons are down right rude ['suck' for instance].
And don't get me started on winks.  There has been more occasions than i care to remember where i've been sent a loud and very not-safe-for-work/school  winks that i've lost network access for a week over.

Anyways, I would like to be able to disable winks/emoticons on an individual contact basis.  Anyone else have these problems?

RE: Suggestion: Disable custom emoticons/winks from individual contacts by sylar on 05-27-2007 at 11:49 PM

I'd love this too, especially on individual contact basis.

RE: Suggestion: Disable custom emoticons/winks from individual contacts by communinja on 06-02-2007 at 03:00 AM

phew, glad it isn't just me on this one.  some people just take the right to customs and abuse it.  and if i disable them outright, it ruins it for everyone else.

RE: Suggestion: Disable custom emoticons/winks from individual contacts by robochief on 06-02-2007 at 03:31 AM

Being able to apply no emoticons to certain contacts would be great! Any script maybe?

RE: RE: Suggestion: Disable custom emoticons/winks from individual contacts by kmcbest on 08-20-2007 at 11:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robochief
Being able to apply no emoticons to certain contacts would be great! Any script maybe?

Or at least a button to switch on/off the custom emoticons?
RE: Suggestion: Disable custom emoticons/winks from individual contacts by roflmao456 on 08-21-2007 at 12:14 AM

heh, i always shout at my contacts saying:

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
Custom emoticons suck. i advise you to stop using them because not many people can read it and it's really pointless!

(in caps though)

---
i agree. patchou make an option in Plus! for this :(