Shoutbox

{Request} Turn all incomming messages red - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: {Request} Turn all incomming messages red (/showthread.php?tid=75107)

{Request} Turn all incomming messages red by kraus on 06-06-2007 at 04:33 AM

I found a way to make all conversations normal fonts, that helped a lot, but is there a way to change the color of the font the person typing to you uses?

as in if i want to make the font of everyone talking to me Red and normal font or something, can it be done?

RE: {Request} Turn all incomming messages red by Volv on 06-06-2007 at 09:05 AM

Go to Plus > Preferences, then in the 'Conversations' tab, tick the box which says "Override the font used by my contacts by default" then click the "Choose Font..." button (in that same window) and choose your font style.

RE: {Request} Turn all incomming messages red by Jimbo on 06-06-2007 at 05:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Go to Plus > Preferences, then in the 'Conversations' tab, tick the box which says "Override the font used by my contacts by default" then click the "Choose Font..." button (in that same window) and choose your font style.
But that doesnt make all moessages red...
RE: {Request} Turn all incomming messages red by Matti on 06-06-2007 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
But that doesnt make all moessages red...
There's a color option there, so I guess this it does. :P

However, it will also replace the font face. There's no way a script can color incoming messages using [c=#]...[/c] tags because the new message can't be longer than the original message, as explained in the scripting documentation. So I doubt there's another way to do this with the current capabilities of Plus!...
RE: {Request} Turn all incomming messages red by Volv on 06-07-2007 at 01:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
However, it will also replace the font face.
I thought that kraus meant "normal font" as in Times New Roman rather than as the other user's normal font. You're probably right though :p
RE: {Request} Turn all incomming messages red by kraus on 06-11-2007 at 07:19 AM

Ooo sorry yes I meant Times New Roman

And I also did get the red font to work :)

it would be cool if someone could create a script for individual color assignmnets for each person though that you can choose, for group convos and such :)

RE: {Request} Turn all incomming messages red by CookieRevised on 06-11-2007 at 08:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kraus
it would be cool if someone could create a script for individual color assignmnets for each person though that you can choose, for group convos and such :)
this is not possible