Shoutbox

[Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline (/showthread.php?tid=75405)

[Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by MicroWay on 06-16-2007 at 11:39 PM

Hello people!!!
I would like to request a script that turns possible to especially send, but recieve too files when you appear as offline...
Note that the contact you send/recieve can be as online...

My idea came with the Nudges Tool Script, as the script turned possible to nudge a person that is appearing as offline...

Is that possible??? Could anyone, except me as I'm poor on scripting, do it, please???

;)

RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by prashker on 06-16-2007 at 11:59 PM

I like it, considering dotLou made me make him go online for me to send him a file when only he was appearing offline :p.

RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by Chancer on 06-17-2007 at 12:14 AM

It'd be interesting...

RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by warmth on 06-17-2007 at 01:31 AM

I adviced this thing in other WLM plugins... and never get approval... so this likes me a lot... ;)!

RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by Lou on 06-17-2007 at 04:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
I like it, considering dotLou made me make him go online for me to send him a file when only he was appearing offline :p.
I second that. I doubt it's anywhere near possible with scripts though (unless it used some kind of .dll file).
RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by MicroWay on 06-17-2007 at 09:51 PM

Let me understand something...
Seeing the Nudges Tool Script Pack, (sorry to TheGuruSupremacy, who is the script creator for using his script for an example) there isn't a DLL file... And it allows people to send nudges to a offline contact...
I know that nudges are diferent from file sending, but I believe that is possible... :S

Just don't know too much scripting :$

Anyone wants to give a try??? ;)

RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by MicroWay on 06-25-2007 at 10:57 PM

Hello guys!!!

So, no way??? :S

RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by deAd on 06-25-2007 at 11:07 PM

There's definitely a way to do this by patching WLM in memory, but such a patch would be highly version specific and prone to errors.

RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by MicroWay on 06-25-2007 at 11:14 PM

Ahhhnn... ok... I'll let it then... :P
Thanks for the reply, deAD
Thanks for the others who replyed too (Y)

RE: RE: [Idea/Request] File sharing as Appearing Offline by CookieRevised on 06-25-2007 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
Let me understand something...
Seeing the Nudges Tool Script Pack, (sorry to TheGuruSupremacy, who is the script creator for using his script for an example) there isn't a DLL file... And it allows people to send nudges to a offline contact...
only because it is the Messenger client itself which prevents it, not the protocol, the protocol doesn't check what the status of the contact is. Thus this can be patched...

quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
I know that nudges are diferent from file sending, but I believe that is possible... :S
quote:
Originally posted by deAd
There's definitely a way to do this by patching WLM in memory
Only if it is again the Messenger client itself which uses a simple status check. If it is the protocol which triggers an exception or whatever when the contact is offline, then you can patch whatever you want, it wont work and you will always recieve a "can not send file" message...

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
...but such a patch would be highly version specific and prone to errors.
If you mean errors as in patching the wrong address because the version is different, that can be checked in the script. If you mean errors as in sending a file to a really offline contact, you would simply recieve a msg that the file couldn't be send.... All that if it is possible in the first place of course, which depends on how it works...

Anyways, I cba to check this out (don't have ollydbg installed on this pc anyways), so I think TheGuruSupremacy has a new challenge :p