Shoutbox

MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. (/showthread.php?tid=75612)

MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by musicgirl4ever on 06-25-2007 at 07:49 AM

Hello to the community

I am new here since i want to switch from 7.5 to live. I am 22 years old girl that loves music i hope we can help each other.

So i am planning to switch from msn 7.5 (with plus and stuff plug ng) to live with plus and scripts, tried to switch but some things were unavailable long time ago so.

Here are my questions answer them separately detailed (since i am a bit slow con tech stuff) and with links to the things i want. :)

1) on Plus for 7.5 you can go to a contact and select contact information where you see last seen online, last new chat and recent events.

In recent events you see all the contact online activity and status changes it done, i think live plus has all i mentioned but in recent events i want to know if it separates away and away idle when the person changes manual or it changes automatic because afk.

if there a script that do this please link or explain me what the new live plus does and dont do according what i said.

2)In stuff plug ng for 7.5 all display where recorded on a place where i can choose which one to save i just wanna know if there is an  script for this.

3) A open/close chat windows very trusty... i know the issue that those things works with the display image but atlleast in 7.5 95% of the times someones that open talks...

4)when a person goes offline or have me bloked anything for this?

Thank you i will aprecciate your help!

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by NanaFreak on 06-25-2007 at 07:54 AM

1) dont really know

2) there is no script for this but the makers have made their own messenger add-on. go to http://stuffplug.com to download it

3) these do not work due to the messenger protocol, sorry

4) these DO NOT WORK! anything that says it does it will most likely be a virus :)

i hope this helps

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by vikke on 06-25-2007 at 09:31 AM

1) You open a conversation with the contact and then you click Plus!->Contact Information. It's a feature of Messenger Plus! Live, so no script is required.

2) Use Stuffplug 3 or UNeed Script (search forums).

4) I got to say, block checkers do work 100% if they tell you he blocked you.

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by musicgirl4ever on 06-25-2007 at 06:29 PM

Ok ok i think i need better answers than this since:

1) vikke ok ok i know live plus do that but remember it did not difference it from away or away idle, do plus do it now since old 7.5 version still does this and works 100% if not any script that do this in a better way. also i want to know if it still do all i mention.

2) it was anwered very well.

3) I know the protocol dont do this but still stuff ng still does this on 7.5 and it works 95% is there any scripts that do the same that stuff ng for 7.5...

4) i think i got this one anwered but i want to make sure there is no script for this.

thanks for the answers so far. I need more answers ;)

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by Menthix on 06-25-2007 at 06:40 PM

1) Plus! Live does make a difference between away and away idle:
[Image: away_idle.png]

3) http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/115-Convo-Notifier/

4) No, there really isn't any that works properly, also read Block checkers DO NOT work about that.

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by musicgirl4ever on 06-25-2007 at 06:43 PM

TY menthix TY now th eonly thing left is the open windows notifier, something that works as good has the old stuff plug ng!

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by Menthix on 06-25-2007 at 06:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicgirl4ever
only thing left is the open windows notifier, something that works as good has the old stuff plug ng!
Convo Notifier should work for that. It's a Messenger Plus! Live script. After you installed Messenger Plus! Live go to http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/115-Convo-Notifier/, download the script and install it (it installs as easy as any other program).

As far as i know it does the same as StuffPlug's open notifier did, but it's been a while since i last used StuffPlug.

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by musicgirl4ever on 06-25-2007 at 06:58 PM

menthix you are the best!!! just 2 questions more...

this convo notifier should work as good has the stuff plug ng... ok ok in other words it might work aswell? and it says someone opened in a small windows or i have to have chat open?

and i just remembered when i had live i could not see display images on the contact list just the green man beside every contact in 7.5 when contact is opened it appears a small image on each contact.

Bonus question is there an scrip or something that checks for all display without me opening their window?

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by Zahid™ on 06-25-2007 at 07:09 PM

quote:
and i just remembered when i had live i could not see display images on the contact list just the green man beside every contact in 7.5 when contact is opened it appears a small image on each contact.

Click on the two green arrows near the search bar in the contact list and click "Show Details" or use Mess Patch.
RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by matty on 06-25-2007 at 07:12 PM

quote:
TY menthix TY now th eonly thing left is the open windows notifier, something that works as good has the old stuff plug ng!
There is an open session notifier. It detects things like someone opening a conversation window, looking at your contact card, downloading your display picture etc. That is why it is not reliable.
RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by Menthix on 06-25-2007 at 07:20 PM

quote:
this convo notifier should work as good has the stuff plug ng... ok ok in other words it might work aswell?
Older versions of StuffPlug had this feature, but as far as i know newer versions of StuffPlug don't have this anymore. So only http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/115-Convo-Notifier/ works.

quote:
says someone opened in a small windows or i have to have chat open?
Small windows, they are called "toasts" just like the "Blahblahblah has signed in" windows.

quote:
is there an scrip or something that checks for all display without me opening their window?
Various scripts can do that, like:
http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/63-DPGet/ and http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/180-UNeed-Script/
RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by musicgirl4ever on 06-25-2007 at 07:44 PM

thanks a lot you guys are awesome

RE: MSN Know it all needed!Experts help me. by CookieRevised on 06-25-2007 at 08:10 PM

2) I know you asked for a script or plugin or whatever and people are happy to provide you with some, but the fact is that you do not need one for that at all. You actually never ever needed one for it, and you still don't need one. See:
CookieRevised's reply to can some1 creat a script that steals the DP and puts it in a folder...
CookieRevised's reply to Where does MSN store it's avatars?

And from within the contact information panel in Messenger Plus! Live you can also save the display picture of a particular contact. Again, no need for any script or other tool for that.

3) In regards to open convo notifiers, please read:
CookieRevised's reply to Question regarding a "close msg window logger"!!
It contains all the info and links you need.

Every open convo notifier works exactly the same, this goes from the one in the old StuffPlug to the scripts for Plus! Live, and every piece of code in between. There is absolutely no difference and they are all equally unreliable! What version of MSN Messenger you use doesn't matter.

4) In Messenger Plus! Live you can set notifications for people who go offline.
As for block checkers, they do not work, link with more info already given by Menthix.