Shoutbox

RTF to Plus! formatting codes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: RTF to Plus! formatting codes (/showthread.php?tid=76425)

RTF to Plus! formatting codes by Mnjul on 07-31-2007 at 10:01 AM

Is there a script that trans RTF raw data to Plus! formatting codes?

It can be useful if you want to paste things from Word, browsers..etc while keeping the basic format (color, bold, italic, underline).

OK, if there is not, who use it (say 1. Ctrl+Shift+V pastes things with formats preserved, 2. WYSIWYG rtf text editing and sending) if I make it?

Now it's a "mnjul, do it, and patchou will implement it" cycle again? :mipdodgy:

RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by Matti on 07-31-2007 at 02:07 PM

That'd be very useful indeed! :O

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
OK, if there is not, who use it (say 1. Ctrl+Shift+V pastes things with formats preserved, 2. WYSIWYG rtf text editing and sending) if I make it?
I certainly would! Both options are awesome ideas! :)
RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by MeEtc on 07-31-2007 at 02:12 PM

:o you read my mind. i was thinking the same thing last night when i was pasting some code into a script window

* MeEtc wants

RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by Sunshine on 07-31-2007 at 02:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
It can be useful if you want to paste things from Word, browsers..etc while keeping the basic format (color, bold, italic, underline).

Absolutely good idea..how many times haven't we tried to copy and paste from the net or a word doc and see its formatting lost...
quote:
Now it's a "mnjul, do it, and patchou will implement it" cycle again? :mipdodgy:
Probably :P
RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by Patchou on 07-31-2007 at 07:55 PM

if you do a code that parses RTF to transform into Plus! code, I would be the first interested. And yes indeed, that would be useful.

RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by Deco on 07-31-2007 at 09:35 PM

Also interested. Great idea.

RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by tmt64 on 08-01-2007 at 01:40 AM

DO WANT.

RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by Dempsey on 09-05-2007 at 04:32 PM

Here's an early version of something I've been working on:  [Beta Release] RTF Tools

RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by Mnjul on 09-05-2007 at 06:04 PM

That's great (Y)

RE: RE: RTF to Plus! formatting codes by felipEx on 09-07-2007 at 05:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
if you do a code that parses RTF to transform into Plus! code, I would be the first interested. And yes indeed, that would be useful.

why don't you add that like new feature for incoming messages (completely optional)? :D

anyway, i'm using [Beta Release] RTF Tools :)