Shoutbox

live messenger and users help please - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: live messenger and users help please (/showthread.php?tid=77393)

live messenger and users help please by jameskennedy on 09-12-2007 at 07:06 AM

K basically someone signed into my laptop with their messenger sign in and now everytime I turn my laptop on I get there user id and the amount of email messages they have instead of mine, so how do I get their information out of my laptop.

RE: live messenger and users help please by toddy on 09-12-2007 at 07:10 AM

sign them out - file > sign out
select there email on the sign in window, click "forget me"
select (or write) your email account and password. select the options that suit you, eg "remember me" "sign me in automatically"
click sign in

RE: live messenger and users help please by jameskennedy on 09-12-2007 at 08:51 AM

Nope when I log off it still shows the other persons hotmail address and the number of unread messages in there account or inbox

RE: live messenger and users help please by jameskennedy on 09-12-2007 at 08:52 AM

isnt there a file somewhere with users that I can just delete, there used to be something like that with the older messengers, i did excatly as you posted and did not work.

RE: live messenger and users help please by MattyRid on 09-12-2007 at 08:55 AM

take a few days but it should disappear automatically, I had to learn the hard way myself.

RE: live messenger and users help please by jameskennedy on 09-12-2007 at 08:59 AM

its just pissin me off seeing someone elses info where mine should be. I hate when people touch my computer. LOL

RE: live messenger and users help please by pollolibredegrasa on 09-12-2007 at 12:40 PM

To clear the unread email message count from the Welcome Screen on XP manually, see this link.

Hope this helps :)

RE: live messenger and users help please by ahmetgns on 09-13-2007 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jameskennedy
I hate when people touch my computer. LOL
Put a password to your Windows Account from Control Panel>User Accounts