Shoutbox

Help! I need an explanation, please - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Help! I need an explanation, please (/showthread.php?tid=77446)

Help! I need an explanation, please by AkaneTendo on 09-13-2007 at 05:19 PM

Look, I need an explanation for this.

Last night I agreed with my boyfriend to meet on MSN. After I logged in, the only thing I did was turn to Unavailable status. Then my boyfriend told me I had just changed my name. And I did not. The first name that appeared was "Alessandra," which I have in the messenger of other computers at home, and then after a few seconds (not that fast) it changed to "Yo", which is the login name i had on that computer I was using.

Please someone just tell me if this is normal, the version I was using was Windows Live Messenger 8.1, that I had just downloaded because it forced me to update. Maybe that has something to do with it...
I need to prove to him that I hadn't changed my name as I logged in, because we're having some issues right now, and this isn't helping solve them...

I would be so thankful...

RE: Help! I need an explanation, please by Sunshine on 09-13-2007 at 05:28 PM

Windows Live Messenger will use the last name you had set when logged in, even if it was on another computer (roaming profile). If you changed your name on one computer to Yo, log off and sign in on another computer you will see it will change your name to Yo there too.

RE: Help! I need an explanation, please by AkaneTendo on 09-14-2007 at 03:28 AM

Okay thanks a lot... but is this new? did it happen with previous editions than the one I have (8.1)? Because I had never seen that before on msn..

RE: Help! I need an explanation, please by Sunshine on 09-14-2007 at 09:29 AM

Yes, roaming profile is one of the things thats new in Windows Live Messenger opposed to MSN Messenger :)