Shoutbox

Messenger Plus Live not working anymore - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus Live not working anymore (/showthread.php?tid=77490)

Messenger Plus Live not working anymore by Mistrall on 09-15-2007 at 12:23 AM

I have Messenger Plus Live working well for a long long time. Then one day i turned on my webcam and it froze for a long time. I CTRLALTDEL and end tasked it and tried to open it again. After going from Start -> MSN Live Messenger, my mouse shows the hourglass for like 3 seconds then goes back to normal and no MSN window appears. So i tried again and again but nothing is showing. So i CTRLALTDEL -> Process and i see 3 msnmsgr's that are open and running but not appearing. So i end them all and try to open again... not working

I restart, repair, uninstall, reinstall etc etc but none of them work
even the msimg32.dll solution doesn't work. I don't have that smiley program thing or the sweetim nor any virus

If anyone know how to fix it please share it ^^;
Thanks for reading.

RE: Messenger Plus Live not working anymore by roflmao456 on 09-15-2007 at 12:39 AM

possibly another application or add-on interfering with the loading?

have you tried restarting your computer?

other possible solutions:

Uninstall Plus! (temporarily) and then try opening messenger and see if it works. if not, well .. then install it back! :tongue:

Reinstall WLM.
RE: Messenger Plus Live not working anymore by Mistrall on 09-15-2007 at 12:52 AM

The only plugin i have is on Messenger Plus! 3

Restarting didn't work

MSN 7.5 opens up, i can attempt to log in but i get a message to tell me to update to Live then it stops working

i uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything, same problem

RE: Messenger Plus Live not working anymore by Menthix on 09-15-2007 at 05:25 PM

MSN 7.5 is not supported by Microsoft anymore since the 11th this month, you wont be able to login with it. Upgrade to Live Messenger 8.1.

RE: Messenger Plus Live not working anymore by Mistrall on 09-15-2007 at 06:02 PM

Thanks for the link but i still cannot open MSN.
i removed and installed it but i still can't see it

nothing appears no matter how many MSN's i open
and its not a logging in problem..

RE: Messenger Plus Live not working anymore by Dorshma on 09-15-2007 at 07:36 PM

i have exactly the same issue. I tried with the latest version of WLM and Plus! Live, no way, it still doesnt work.