Shoutbox

Problem i cant find like others on the forum - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Problem i cant find like others on the forum (/showthread.php?tid=77529)

Problem i cant find like others on the forum by Miles1 on 09-16-2007 at 12:15 PM

I have both the latest versions of messenger plus and windows live messenger and have never had smiley central or sweetim installed.
WLM works fine normally and the installation goes fine for installing messenger plus although as soon as it has finished installing WLM will not open or run at all.
i have read the FAQ and other stickies but still cant find the answer to this problem,

thanks.

RE: Problem i cant find like others on the forum by Sunshine on 09-16-2007 at 12:30 PM

This sounds to me like your firewall is somehow not allowing Windows live Messenger to connect (when adding something to it). You can try if Windows Live Messenger with Plus!Live can sign in if your firewall is disabled. If it will then see if you can go into the firewall and remove the access settings for Windows Live Messenger, your firewall will then ask you to allow or block next time you start Windows Live Messenger.
Also see: Windows Live Messenger Connection Problems etc.

You can also try the following:
- Uninstall Windows Live Messenger
- Reinstall Windows Live Messenger
- Try to sign in again
(do not uninstall Plus!Live inbetween)

RE: Problem i cant find like others on the forum by Miles1 on 09-16-2007 at 12:35 PM

its not that it wont let me connect, WLM just wont run at all, i click to run the program and nothing happens at all, although its fine again if i uninstall messenger plus.
and i already tried un installing and re in stalling WLM

thanks