Shoutbox

Now Playing Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Now Playing Problem (/showthread.php?tid=77560)

Now Playing Problem by mic180 on 09-17-2007 at 03:57 PM

Hey I'm having a problem with my now playing in the personal msg. For some reason I can't get rid of the album showing up. It's always

<artist> - <title> [<album>]

I tried using the Now playing script by -dt- to see if it would override it but no dice. Any ideas or known solutions?

RE: Now Playing Problem by Butcher_ss on 09-18-2007 at 05:22 AM

If you are using winamp get toaster here, just a small program that shows which song you are listening to like Media Player. No album info whatsoever. When you install it, the first time you run winamp it takes you to toaster configuration. On Presets choose MSN only.  On Display uncheck enable toasts so that there will not be a pop up of the toaster program showing you track change.

http://www.myplugins.info/toaster.exe

RE: Now Playing Problem by Sunshine on 09-18-2007 at 12:50 PM

Have you enabled updating your Personal Message to your current song in Now playing > Configure > PSM?

RE: Now Playing Problem by -dt- on 09-18-2007 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mic180
I tried using the Now playing script by -dt- to see if it would override it but no dice. Any ideas or known solutions?
override?, override what? disable whatever other program is modifying your media message and then try Now Playing
RE: Now Playing Problem by mic180 on 09-20-2007 at 02:31 AM

alright so I've managed to isolate the problem and rid all other np scripts for winamp. uninstalled msn/winamp/msgplus. made sure by disabling the np script by -dt-, etc etc. I seem to still get the same problem. but it's kinda on and off, sometimes it's there, othertimes it's not. in my psm setting it's clearly: {artist} - {title}

help?

RE: Now Playing Problem by mic180 on 09-20-2007 at 03:47 AM

alright so I've got a very strange work-around that seems to be doing the trick since all I want is {artist} - {title}. umm in the options for misc I've put under the "text to display when status is.." Playing: {artist} - {title} and then for the psm format I've got {status} haha...