Shoutbox

Hiding Buddy's email address - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Hiding Buddy's email address (/showthread.php?tid=77828)

Hiding Buddy's email address by thanatos65 on 09-27-2007 at 09:00 PM

Does anyone know of a way or a script that will hide the email address of the person I am chatting with on my screen.  I use MSN at work with some work buddies and they use it for work so their email addresses have to be their work addresses, but it also happens to be their name and company name and I don't want anyone seeing that appear on my screen.  I cannot find a way to do it and was hoping someone here would know, or could create a script.

On an aside, I really don't understand M'softs purpose for nicknames if they are going to display your email addy in every conversation window even when you mark it as private in your profile.

RE: Hiding Buddy's email address by absorbation on 09-27-2007 at 09:07 PM

You will need to 'patch' the area out. This option is in most modern patches, but I know it is definitely in A-Patch. It basically removes the element where the email address is held within the conversation window :).

RE: Hiding Buddy's email address by thanatos65 on 09-27-2007 at 09:25 PM

Thank you thank you thank you. I had tried another patching program, but I couldn't find an option to remove that.  A-patch worked great!!

I had posted that question on a M'soft board and of course they had no way to do it... duh

I still think it is stupid that they display that info.  Yeah, I know who I am talking to and what their email is, but I don't want every person who happens to glance at my screen to see my buddies email.