Shoutbox

Script Installing Error Message - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Script Installing Error Message (/showthread.php?tid=79968)

Script Installing Error Message by Assaf on 12-12-2007 at 03:57 PM

Hi, I'm running Windows Live Messenger v9.0.1407.1107 with Messenger Plus! Live v4.50.0.310, and I get a weird message everytime I try to install a script:

"The file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid Messenger Plus! script pack."

I've already tried to re-install the program, as suggested to me in the IRC chat, but with no success. I thank in advance for anyone who tries to help me.

RE: Script Installing Error Message by Patchou on 12-12-2007 at 07:45 PM

Did you try to download the script file from another source? (like mpscripts.net). Also, did you try to first save it on disk and then iport it from the Preferences panel? (instead of double clicking on it for example).

Let me know :)

RE: Script Installing Error Message by Assaf on 12-12-2007 at 08:44 PM

No, I never tried to download any script from mpscripts.net, only from msgpluslive.net because that's the only one I know and trust.

I also tried many times to save and then import, but I'm given the same message.

edit: i tried to download from mpscripts, but the same result. I really don't know what to do anymore.

RE: Script Installing Error Message by djdannyp on 12-12-2007 at 09:08 PM

Are the downloads saving properly?

Sometimes if a file only partly downloads it then gets stored in the cache and whenever you try to re-download it you get the same incomplete corrupted file

RE: Script Installing Error Message by MattyRid on 12-12-2007 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Are the downloads saving properly?
Sometimes if a file only partly downloads it then gets stored in the cache and whenever you try to re-download it you get the same incomplete corrupted file

Therefore another possible solution is to clear out your cache and see if it helps. TO clear your cache (temporary internet files) follow the instructions as described in absorbation's reply to [Solution] Messenger Plus! is not a valid Win32 application

Note: you only need to follow the instructions to clear you temporary internet files, nothing else.