Shoutbox

Corner Images - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Corner Images (/showthread.php?tid=80218)

Corner Images by Eddie on 12-19-2007 at 07:13 AM

Hello guys, how do you get rid of the little images that are in the corners of the WLM Login Screen? It is quite agrivating because i cannot find them in WLM 8.5 or 9.0 and it makes my skin look ugly :(

RE: Corner Images by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 07:18 AM

RE: Corner Images by Eddie on 12-19-2007 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
thanks, +rep cuz u been helpin me all day :S lol
RE: Corner Images by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 07:20 AM

652 actually I think, it depends on which version
1653 as well
20062 too :P

Those are bothall the 8.5 ones

Thanks for the rep, hope my tutorials come in handy too

Bear in mind you can replace multiple images with the same resource to save skin size and duplicate resources :)

RE: Corner Images by Eddie on 12-19-2007 at 07:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
652 actually I think, it depends on which version
1653 as well
20062 too :P

Those are bothall the 8.5 ones

Thanks for the rep, hope my tutorials come in handy too

Bear in mind you can replace multiple images with the same resource to save skin size and duplicate resources :)
Got it thanks :D
RE: Corner Images by Sunshine on 12-19-2007 at 10:55 AM

In addition to the Id numbers (already given by Nile) i will give to you (and everybody else who needs it)...................

a cleaned corner image!

Merryyyyyyyyyy Christmas yohoho! SantaSunny is comin' to town!

RE: RE: Corner Images by vikke on 12-19-2007 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
In addition to the Id numbers (already given by Nile) i will give to you (and everybody else who needs it)...................

a cleaned corner image!

Where did you get that one from? :P
RE: Corner Images by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 02:58 PM

...Or you can have a nicer Alpha'd corner image from myself :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=875543]

RE: Corner Images by Sunshine on 12-19-2007 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

a cleaned corner image!

Where did you get that one from? :P
The image? I made/edited it myself.

The phrase? Just a song that's stuck in my head and some imagination :chrongue:

RE: Corner Images by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 03:39 PM

Sunny secretly wants a pirate/santa hybrid to come into existence who'll give you presents but the presents are stolen goods themselves or copyrighted or something :P

RE: Corner Images by Eddie on 12-19-2007 at 03:49 PM

Why when i try and disallow colorization to the borders and the corners do the corners image become so huge and cover the whole window?

RE: Corner Images by vikke on 12-19-2007 at 04:17 PM

That's because you're modifying the metadata for the image. The metadata contains information such as colorization and paddings (this is probably what screws up). This could cause such problems, make sure you make no modification to the metadata, except for the colorization section. I'm not sure how you can do this easily, but you can open MsgsRes.dll in Resource Hacker, find the ID inside the 4006 group, save the resource, open it in a hex editor and find the meta data there. It's pretty advanced, but first, make sure you only have the colorization tag inside the metadata-tag.

RE: Corner Images by vikke on 12-19-2007 at 04:26 PM

I have to agree with Volv. The border around the window is solid, why smooth it out in the corners? That would just look wierd.

RE: Corner Images by Volv on 12-19-2007 at 04:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
I have to agree with Volv. The border around the window is solid, why smooth it out in the corners? That would just look wierd.
Oops deleted the post, didn't know anyone had read it yet. After further inspection I realised that it's not anti-aliased and is in fact a perfect solid indicator of the default curved shape of the windows whereas Sunshine's is in fact not a perfect fit =/
RE: Corner Images by aNILEator on 12-19-2007 at 05:21 PM

It should be perfect because it's edited from one of the other corner resources :P

RE: Corner Images by Basilis on 01-06-2008 at 07:59 PM

I replaced the Images Id's with the attached image but it didn't work. I mean the corners were still existing. where I should put the picture.

P.S.It is not a post just for the post count.I say this for some people who accused me of spamming.  :(