Shoutbox

Scripts not working. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Scripts not working. (/showthread.php?tid=80785)

Scripts not working. by Calon Merc on 01-08-2008 at 04:08 AM

They worked fine up until about 3 days ago. Then all of them disappeared. They are still in the program files so I went in and deleted a basic one then tried to reinstall it. Said that it imported but failed to start. Any fix for this?

My (!VER) Info:
Windows Vista Ultimate (6.0.6000)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.50.0.312
Skin: Nightfall

P.S. Tried changing skins too, didn't work.

RE: Scripts not working. by Chris4 on 01-08-2008 at 04:52 AM

Go to Plus! > Preferences

Remove any scripts that are not working.

If you cannot remove them, delete them from the \Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\ folder. Then try importing them again.

RE: Scripts not working. by Calon Merc on 01-08-2008 at 04:55 AM

I've tried that, but it still gives the same error message.

RE: Scripts not working. by ahmetgns on 01-11-2008 at 09:22 PM

problem with scripts importing!!help

RE: Scripts not working. by Calon Merc on 01-11-2008 at 09:38 PM

It is not when they import. I had them imported and they were ALL running perfectly. Then I restarted my computer a bit back and none of them work.

RE: Scripts not working. by ahmetgns on 01-11-2008 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Calon Merc
Said that it imported but failed to start.
quote:
I've tried that, but it still gives the same error message.
I gave you that link because you said those above. Did you go and read that post and threads in that post?

If you are reporting a bug about why all scripts stopped working, then ok. But if you are asking for help, and I think you do
quote:
Any fix for this?
then please read those threads.

RE: Scripts not working. by Calon Merc on 01-11-2008 at 10:01 PM

I read them. That is why I stated it is not about them not importing. The importing was when I deleted the script files and tried to import them.

RE: Scripts not working. by ahmetgns on 01-11-2008 at 10:09 PM

quote:
I read them. That is why I stated it is not about them not importing. The importing was when I deleted the script files and tried to import them.
I can't understand you. The solutions given in those threads are for the error "The script has been imported successfully but failed to start." And I think that error is your problem, there is a problem with your computer's running scripts. So try what has been said in those threads.
RE: Scripts not working. by Calon Merc on 01-11-2008 at 10:18 PM

I tried it but it did not work. The main issue is not importing scripts. The main issue is running the script. I had all my scripts imported and running.
I did try to delete some scripts and reinstall them though, and it gave me the failed to start error message.

RE: Scripts not working. by Calon Merc on 01-17-2008 at 06:22 AM

Tried the thing stated here.
It did not work and I couldn't get the jscript.dll file to load. It said, exactly, "The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005."

RE: RE: Scripts not working. by pollolibredegrasa on 01-17-2008 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Tried the thing stated here.
It did not work and I couldn't get the jscript.dll file to load. It said, exactly, "The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005."

When in Vista, I think you have to run regsvr as administrator (even if your account is set up as an 'administrator' account').

On the start menu, find Command Prompt (cmd) and right click> run as administrator. Try typing 'regsvr32 jscript.dll' into that and try the scripts again.

Hope this helps :)
RE: Scripts not working. by Calon Merc on 01-17-2008 at 11:20 PM

Lol I got it to work, had a friend of mine who has created an OS come over, he also had done research into Vista so he could tear it apart, he got it fixed doing just that. So thank you for the help.