Shoutbox

Strange random characters being added to my display name (Personalised Status) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Strange random characters being added to my display name (Personalised Status) (/showthread.php?tid=81021)

Strange random characters being added to my display name (Personalised Status) by snootchies on 01-17-2008 at 08:47 PM

I have a few custom presets made for my personalised status, some with auto responders.

Sometimes, I set myself to away/busy etc, and when I come back to my PC, I find my display name has had characters added to it.

Usually P or ', but many others. The longer I leave it, the more characters are added.

Im using Live 8.5 with Plus 4.50. It also did this with the previous version too (4.23 I think).

I thought it was a bug which would be sorted on upgrade, but seems not.

Any ideas?

RE: Strange random characters being added to my display name (Personalised Status) by Chris4 on 01-17-2008 at 09:30 PM

Do you have any scripts installed, if so which ones?

RE: Strange random characters being added to my display name (Personalised Status) by ahmetgns on 01-17-2008 at 09:39 PM

This has been reported by trini and some other people a few times. I am not sure why this occurs but I am 99% sure that disabling the roaming option of Messenger (Messenger Options>General>"Use same display picture and personal message everywhere I sign in" solves it (you do not need that option enabled if you do not use any other computer to sign-in Messenger)

quote:
Originally posted by snootchies
Usually P or ', but many others.
I found Trini's thread and surprisingly they are exactly same characters as you said:
[Image: status1fe2.png]
RE: Strange random characters being added to my display name (Personalised Status) by snootchies on 01-22-2008 at 11:04 AM

Thanks for that! I'll give it a whirl :)