Shoutbox

Can't find answer RE: RLE swap - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Can't find answer RE: RLE swap (/showthread.php?tid=81297)

Can't find answer RE: RLE swap by aNILEator on 01-29-2008 at 03:11 PM

Sometime ago someone asked about whether it was possible to tell Msg to load Msgvsta resources instead of Msgres on XP

I believe he wanted to use the vista version of the Min,Max,Close buttons which are more shiny than the XP one. If so was his question answered?

Otherwise I assume extract the msgvsta buttons get Willz, ipab or TB to make them back into RLE's with their special tool, then tell it to replace the pictures with the RLE's thus making them replace the msgres ones

or doing the full deal replacing every style with the buttons in with contentindex's

RE: Can't find answer RE: RLE swap by Patchou on 01-29-2008 at 10:33 PM

can't you just use the RLE file from msgvsta as input file in your skin?

RE: Can't find answer RE: RLE swap by aNILEator on 01-30-2008 at 12:16 AM

I would but it gets decrypted :P and I cba at the moment to find and extract it with reshacking.

It'd be good because I want to do it for all the msgvsta resources so wanted to know if I could simply tell the styles to load '123456v' instead of '123456' saving skin file size and coding time

Also I was going through the schema (hadn't downloaded a documentation update in over a month and a half) and I like the new attributes you've added :) but something I noticed, it only said you can replace the msgres files and not msgvsta somewhere in the schema, is this being worked on, or not possible at all?

RE: RE: Can't find answer RE: RLE swap by TheSteve on 01-30-2008 at 02:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
I cba at the moment to find and extract it with reshacking.
See the attachment. I've even labeled them for you. :)
RE: Can't find answer RE: RLE swap by aNILEator on 01-31-2008 at 03:50 AM

thanks mate :)