Shoutbox

Hiding the menu bar. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Hiding the menu bar. (/showthread.php?tid=82260)

Hiding the menu bar. by ChryzX on 03-11-2008 at 01:01 AM

Ok, usually there's an option to hide the menu bar under options, but it seems to be gone. Has this happened to anyone? Thanks.

also, here's a screen shot.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=sw4yew&s=3

RE: Hiding the menu bar. by aNILEator on 03-11-2008 at 08:45 AM

Mines stuck too and the fix I had last time isn't working

RE: Hiding the menu bar. by bigb88 on 03-11-2008 at 09:32 AM

um would a uninstall and reinstall not fix that? just get the stand alone installer so dont have to do the whole thing wit the normal wlm setup

RE: Hiding the menu bar. by aNILEator on 03-11-2008 at 09:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bigb88
um would a uninstall and reinstall not fix that? just get the stand alone installer so dont have to do the whole thing wit the normal wlm setup

No unfortunately not, the setting is sometimes stored in the registry, I was able to fix it before but this time around it's not affecting it, it doesn't always start with the bar locked/fixed but most of the time it is, unfortunately this appears to be coming a regular problem we've had 4 threads on this already I believe, with no actual working fix.

I'll attach my 'fix' you'll need to edit out ######### in the .reg to be your passport number (you'll find it in the registry or settings folder, there used to be a passport id number calculator somewhere online too :S)
RE: Hiding the menu bar. by ahmetgns on 03-29-2008 at 07:11 AM

the menu from the top

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
Hiding the Menu Bar (Window Frame)
Hide menu bar - not working???
VERY weird problem with menu bar
Cannot Hide Menu Bar 1
Cannot Hide Menu Bar 2

this problem is caused by the Magnifier. Before reading those threads, open Windows magnifier (Start>Programs>Accessories>Accessibility>Magnifier) then close it and check the menu item "Show menu bar" is there or not. If that doesn't help, go and read those threads for full instructions.