Shoutbox

event log - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: event log (/showthread.php?tid=82857)

event log by handy-andy on 04-01-2008 at 07:56 AM

Hi, can someone pls tell me that if i sign into my account as 'appear offline'  can my contacts see on their event log viewer or chat log viewer that i have signed in offline?

RE: event log by MattyRid on 04-01-2008 at 08:08 AM

No they won't know.

RE: event log by MeEtc on 04-01-2008 at 08:08 AM

No, they can't. When you sign in as 'Appear Offline', there is no indication at all sent to your contacts that would be able to tell them that you signed in. You will be considered offline as normal until you switch to another status.

RE: event log by handy-andy on 04-01-2008 at 08:15 AM

ok ,thanks for ur help. its just that i run more than one msn account on the same computer and was playing around trying out some things and the the event viewer/chat log indicated that one of the accounts had signed in offline after receiving an offline message. so account 1 sent account 2 an offline msg, account 2 signed in offline and received the offline msg, and the log on account 1 showed that account 2 had signed in offline. It maybe because i am using both on the same computer, i dont know
but thanks for you help guys

if anyone else can elighten me feel free

RE: event log by MeEtc on 04-01-2008 at 08:37 AM

I tested this just now for myself. For the online user when a message is sent from the offline user, there are no entries made to either event log. The only place I see "User signed in (offline)" is in the event log for the user who did sign in offline.

Also remember that event viewer entries are added to the bottom of the list as they are made.