Shoutbox

Nickname feature of WLM not really compatible with MSGPlus? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Nickname feature of WLM not really compatible with MSGPlus? (/showthread.php?tid=82980)

Nickname feature of WLM not really compatible with MSGPlus? by pinhead on 04-05-2008 at 10:37 PM

Two questions:
1. If I set a nickname to one of my contacts, MSGPlus seems to ignore this. The tabs are still named with the actual name rather than my custom nickname. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

2. Another thing I was wondering: Is it possible to change the nickname of a contact? I'm trying to display the status of every contact in its name, something like this: "Name (Status)". Any chance to do this within a script?

RE: Nickname feature of WLM not really compatible with MSGPlus? by matty on 04-06-2008 at 01:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pinhead
Two questions:
1. If I set a nickname to one of my contacts, MSGPlus seems to ignore this. The tabs are still named with the actual name rather than my custom nickname. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

2. Another thing I was wondering: Is it possible to change the nickname of a contact? I'm trying to display the status of every contact in its name, something like this: "Name (Status)". Any chance to do this within a script?

Question 1: This is a limitation within Messenger Plus!. It is unable to read the custom nicknames of your contacts.

Question 2: No because there is no custom name feature in Messenger Plus!. Patchou has made it clear he would like to add this back so it may be possible in due time.