Shoutbox

Gahh! Can't log in. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Gahh! Can't log in. (/showthread.php?tid=84882)

Gahh! Can't log in. by noodle on 07-17-2008 at 06:22 PM

Hello all,

I'm having trouble logging into my Windows Live Messenger with error code 80072efd. For about three days now.

I can log into Windows Messenger but not Windows Live Messenger

I go to the troubleshooting and it USUALLY tells me that there's a problem with the proxy server, so I've done the 'automatically detect settings' thing and I've tried to even do the 'automatically dial' thing but it's greyed out and I can't click anything.
I check my proxy server and port in windows live's connections, it tells me to configure it in IE. Okay, open that up..

I have the ability to check/uncheck a box that says "Use a proxy server for your lan",  and under that the address box is blank and it says port: 80.

Okay, but just a second ago I tried to log in one last time and it gave me the same error code, I clicked troubleshoot and this time it's checked off everything like nothing is wrong?

I've checked my firewall, I've done the regedit thing, uninstalled/reinstalled, made sure all updates are up-to-date...

What is there left to do? Or am I missing something blindingly obvious?
^o)

Thanks in advance!

RE: Gahh! Can't log in. by Th3rmal on 07-17-2008 at 07:52 PM

Can you still connect to the internet and browse websites?
When i get this error code my whole internet stops working but a restart fixes everything.

RE: Gahh! Can't log in. by noodle on 07-17-2008 at 08:15 PM

I can connect to the internet and browse just fine, that's what's so weird. So confusing..

The troubleshooter acts like there's nothing wrong yet I'm still getting the error.