Shoutbox

Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Thread: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta (/showthread.php?tid=86979)

Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Patchou on 11-01-2008 at 03:25 AM

Happy Halloween!

If you’ve been using the latest beta version of Windows Live Messenger lately, I have some good news: Messenger Plus! is now fully compatible with it! Although I don’t like releasing anything that’s not “final”, the growing popularity of this new Messenger made it clear something had to be done on my side. For that reason, Messenger Plus! Live 4.79 has been added to the Download section and the Change Log has been updated accordingly.

Keep in mind that this is beta material so no support will be given for it. Some of the improvements (display pictures in notification popups for instance) are global to all Messenger versions so if you like what’s fresh and new, this beta is for you. Also, while you have fun with this new release, get prepared for a very special promotion coming your way for Christmas. Those of you who like action figures and collectibles (yes, you read correctly) are in for a shock :-).

Patchou

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Lt.Col.DraGon on 11-01-2008 at 03:27 AM

Yay, Happy Halloween Patchy :D and well done on the new version, keep up the good work (y)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by MattyRid on 11-01-2008 at 03:29 AM

Nice work Patchou!

I'm sure now this release will ease all those "when is the next version coming??????"

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Th3rmal on 11-01-2008 at 03:36 AM

woooooot! now i can actually install 9.0 :D

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Eddie on 11-01-2008 at 03:40 AM

Thanks Patchou! :) Nice to see your keeping up with things, took a while but i suppose these things do :) Happy Belated Halloween from Aussie :)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by BlitZeD93 on 11-01-2008 at 03:42 AM

woots! been waiting for this ever since i downloaded wlm9... nice work patchou!:D

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Nagamasa on 11-01-2008 at 03:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(yes, you ready correctly)
:O The irony.

Will download tomorrow morning, and perhaps switch back to 4.79.
RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Patchou on 11-01-2008 at 03:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
(yes, you ready correctly)
:O The irony.
yeah, it shows what an idiot I am. Thanks for noticing.
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by NanaFreak on 11-01-2008 at 03:59 AM

woot for awesome shit with scripts... i dont really care about the whole 9.0 compatibility but yea scripts!

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Th3rmal on 11-01-2008 at 04:08 AM

hehe now to wait for script and skin compatibility, that will truly be awesome :D

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Phillip on 11-01-2008 at 04:42 AM

Nice work Patches (Y)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by markee on 11-01-2008 at 05:07 AM

Patches I have a couple of problems with the script support for the display pictures in new toasts.  Why can't we use the contact toast to display our own pictures?  Many scripters just use that toast because then there is colour support for whatever we want in toasts and the prospect of finally having display picture support was very appealing until I found out that it was only for contacts.  I even tried making a psuedo-contact object with no luck.

It works really well and is very inviting, but it lacks your normal standards of adding in as many options as possible (that are easy enough for you to implement quickly).  Just a little disappointed, that's all.

Also, NF noted that when he was using one of Willz's skins that in the tabbed chats the status icons now appear to be the default ones instead of the skin's (this has probably been discussed in the beta section, but without privileges I thought it was just best to report it here). We're both using 8.5 still, so its not a 9.0 bug and it was working with the previous mp!l version.

EDIT: Sorry for taking so long before I wrote this up as well, I had to do the dishes.

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by x2zen on 11-01-2008 at 06:05 AM

Thank you and keep up the good work (y)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Spanker on 11-01-2008 at 07:12 AM

Thank's a lot patchou.... :D the beta is working great right now..
no problems so far... and finally using both beta's msglive9 and
messenger plus! live :P

Keep up the good work....(y)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Matti on 11-01-2008 at 07:51 AM

Good work, Patchou, as always! :)
Can we expect an updated scripting/skinning documentation any soon? :P

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by markee on 11-01-2008 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matti
Good work, Patchou, as always! :)
Can we expect an updated scripting/skinning documentation any soon? :P
The scripting documentation has already been updated, and I assume that the skinning one has as well. ;)
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by blackjack on 11-01-2008 at 08:37 AM

Great work Patchou, its always nice to hear this news, and specially for the ones that are not Beta Testers :P

Now everyone can enjoy this :D

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Vilkku on 11-01-2008 at 08:56 AM

Patchou action figures? :O Can't wait to see that...

Good job getting the build out (y)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Basilis on 11-01-2008 at 09:01 AM

What about my translation Patchou? You didn't even answer me.

Cograts on the release too. :)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Sunshine on 11-01-2008 at 10:38 AM

Thanks Patchou :)

Spreading the news: Sunshine's Web - Messenger Plus! Live Beta [4.79] for Messenger Beta Released

As always I'm mirroring this version too: Messenger Plus! Live for Messenger Beta
So should anyone be unable to download from the official site: feel free to get it from mine ;)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by bramvandeperre on 11-01-2008 at 12:08 PM

yay, Happy Halloween Patchou and everyone here on the forums, great news there is finally a working Plus! version that isn't leaked and that works with WLM2009.

EDIT: Posted news article about this on my blog to spread this to the world
EDIT2: Uploaded the file to mirror it and posted about sunshine's mirror

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by warmth on 11-01-2008 at 01:01 PM

YOLOWIN!!! :P

great patchie!!! thanks for such a good piece of software...

* warmth is kinda drunk for the last night party...

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Sunshine on 11-01-2008 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vandeperreh

EDIT: Posted news article about this on my blog to spread this to the world
EDIT2: Uploaded the file to mirror it and posted about sunshine's mirror
Thanks for the mention :)
[Image: sunnynana.gif]
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by ChicaRacing on 11-01-2008 at 03:37 PM

Thanks a lot for the news ^^ downloading and installing :P great job Patchou!

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Ices_Eyes on 11-01-2008 at 03:38 PM

Is there some problem with italian translation? I've seen it has been removed from this version! :)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by robert_dll on 11-01-2008 at 04:03 PM

Great! :D now I will try WLM 2009 and Plus! 4.79. Thanks Patchou :P

quote:
Originally posted by Ices_Eyes
Is there some problem with italian translation? I've seen it has been removed from this version! :)
Maybe it wasn't ready on time for this release.
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by ahmed® on 11-01-2008 at 04:29 PM

Thanks Patchou ;)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Blue_M on 11-01-2008 at 07:28 PM

Thank you very much Patchou,
really your work is one of a kind.
Keep up the good work :D

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by andrewdodd13 on 11-01-2008 at 11:28 PM

A little point:

It says in the change log support for Windows 7 recognition with the (!VER) tag has been added, but mines comes up as Vista Ultimate. :(

Windows Vista Ultimate (6.1.6801)
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1018
Messenger Plus! Live 4.79.0.342

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by rebuloso on 11-02-2008 at 07:39 AM

thanks!!! ujuuuuu(H)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by f.[SD] on 11-02-2008 at 04:07 PM

YAY..
Thanks a lot Patchou!
Now everybody could be happy.. :D

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by SYD141 on 11-02-2008 at 04:30 PM

great work (Y) :P (H)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by the sad eye on 11-02-2008 at 09:07 PM

Thanks Patchou :D :D (H) :D :D

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Dragunov on 11-02-2008 at 09:32 PM

thx

The only software I still needed for the new live beta

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by nunoperalta on 11-03-2008 at 01:11 AM

Thanks, Patchou.

You should fix something for the chat logs (at least the TXT ones, I don't use HTML logs).
When I open a conversation window, have a dialog and then close the window, the TXT file is still empty and it is still being used.
Then, I open the conversation window again, and all the history appears in the window.

This creates a new log file ( someone@hotmail.com (2).txt ), and this happens again and again, whenever I close/open the window.

Anyway, good job :)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Eddie on 11-03-2008 at 04:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nunoperalta
Thanks, Patchou.

You should fix something for the chat logs (at least the TXT ones, I don't use HTML logs).
When I open a conversation window, have a dialog and then close the window, the TXT file is still empty and it is still being used.
Then, I open the conversation window again, and all the history appears in the window.

This creates a new log file ( someone@hotmail.com (2).txt ), and this happens again and again, whenever I close/open the window.

Isnt that to do with a setting in your Messenger? Under chat logs isn't there an option to show partial history from a previous chat window? *-)
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by ahmetgns on 11-03-2008 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Thanks, Patchou.

This is not a bug of Plus!, this problem is caused by MessengerDiscovery 1.5.0800 or 2 BETA.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86...d=934843#pid934843

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=71...d=934765#pid934765

RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by nunoperalta on 11-03-2008 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
This is not a bug of Plus!, this problem is caused by MessengerDiscovery 1.5.0800 or 2 BETA.

Ah ok, thanks, and sorry! :)

I am not active in these forums, in these days ;)

Thanks again!
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Dragunov on 11-03-2008 at 09:03 PM

well, there is only one problem:

when u activate the menubar, it goes above the tabbed chats, so u only see one person, instead of two or more in tabs

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by MeEtc on 11-03-2008 at 09:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Thanks, Patchou.

no, its not, because it happens to me too, and I have never used MD.
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by robert_dll on 11-03-2008 at 09:21 PM

That also has happened to me since I use Plus!, but last comments take a while to appear, so that's not a problem for me. About the second file, it is created because you have the first one in use (opened).

RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by djdannyp on 11-03-2008 at 10:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dragunov

when u activate the menubar, it goes above the tabbed chats, so u only see one person, instead of two or more in tabs

This is a known issue and Patchou is working on a fix for it
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Nazul on 11-03-2008 at 11:30 PM

Would be nice to consider fixing bugs with conversation windows and Flip 3D (and Alt-Tab).

Windows doesn't show or if they are shown, their contents are not shown.

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Vilkku on 11-04-2008 at 07:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pp970179
Hi Patchou I know this is a Beta release but just so you know I'm using WLM version 14.0.5027.908 and messenger plus does not load (Smilie)

I don't know if you need some other info on that, I can provide it.

Thanks
Did you use the correct download link? The download button still downloads the release version for 8.5, you need to click the smaller link in the text for the beta version that works with WLM14.
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by pp970179 on 11-04-2008 at 07:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
Originally posted by pp970179
Hi Patchou I know this is a Beta release but just so you know I'm using WLM version 14.0.5027.908 and messenger plus does not load (Smilie)

I don't know if you need some other info on that, I can provide it.

Thanks
Did you use the correct download link? The download button still downloads the release version for 8.5, you need to click the smaller link in the text for the beta version that works with WLM14.

yes sorry it was my bad I didn't notice it was the wrong download link, I found it in another thread, thanks for the reply, thats why I erased my post, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part -.-
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by tofuartist on 11-04-2008 at 11:00 AM

I have noticed a bug..
If you minimize a chat window or the contact list, the scroll bar bugs up and doesn't 'slide' down with the window.
What I mean by minimize is by pressing the -. Also if you minimize a chat window, when the contact changes their status, the colour around their DP doesn't not change, or is not the colour of the status.

This is 09' beta MSN btw.

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by user27089 on 11-04-2008 at 11:07 AM

Well done mate, and I'm very excited about the promotion. What guy in their right mind doesn't like action figures?

RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by djdannyp on 11-04-2008 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tofuartist
I have noticed a bug..
If you minimize a chat window or the contact list, the scroll bar bugs up and doesn't 'slide' down with the window.
What I mean by minimize is by pressing the -

can you post a screenshot to illustrate what you mean?

quote:
. Also if you minimize a chat window, when the contact changes their status, the colour around their DP doesn't not change, or is not the colour of the status.

If the chat window is minimised then how can you tell what the colour around their DP is?
RE: RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by tofuartist on 11-04-2008 at 11:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
I have noticed a bug..
What I mean by minimize is by pressing the -

can you post a screenshot to illustrate what you mean?

Here's a sceenshot:
[Image: 57006292nc6.png]

This is about halfway thru my contact list, notice the scroll bar is still at the top.

quote:
quote:
. Also if you minimize a chat window, when the contact changes their status, the colour around their DP doesn't not change, or is not the colour of the status.

If the chat window is minimised then how can you tell what the colour around their DP is?

Sorry, after you minimize it and maximize it again. If the contact changed their status before you minimize it, and then you minimize and open again, the colour around their dp doesn't reflect their status.

Sorry best I could describe.

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by upsfeup on 11-04-2008 at 02:00 PM

There seems to be some Window Painting issues with WLM with Plus! in WinXP SP3.

Firstly, the window border does not disappear.
Second, there seems to be some problems with the windows painting as it does not cleanly do it.

Here is a print of what happens:

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Spunky on 11-04-2008 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by upsfeup

Second, there seems to be some problems with the windows painting as it does not cleanly do it.

Can't confirm

RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by upsfeup on 11-04-2008 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Spunky
quote:

Can't confirm

I uninstalled Plus! and will do some more testing. I'll reinstall it again in a few days and check if it still happens.
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by DJBoddington on 11-04-2008 at 09:33 PM

Woooo!!!! Thanks for this!

Been waiting ages. :)

Thanks once again.

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by wyvrn on 11-05-2008 at 01:25 AM

It's not working with me ?!!! Wt's wrong ?

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by warmth on 11-05-2008 at 01:40 AM

quote:

are you using some windows skin software (style xp, windowsblinds, etc)???

quote:
Originally posted by wyvrn
It's not working with me ?!!! Wt's wrong ?
can you please give some details of what is happening and what do you have on your machine (os, wlm version, etc)???

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by wyvrn on 11-05-2008 at 02:03 AM

it's not work with my wlm , i have WLM 14.0.5027.908 & windows xp sp3

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by warmth on 11-05-2008 at 02:19 AM

quote:
it's not work with my wlm , i have WLM 14.0.5027.908 & windows xp sp3
did you installation finished correctly??? what happens when you try to open WLM??? have you other messenger addon installed??? have you modified wlm with any patch??? please give us more if dude... if you don't do it... we can't help you (actually as patch says there will be not support for this beta version but....:P)
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by wyvrn on 11-05-2008 at 02:38 AM

:) I Install Plus and i can't find the icon in wlm , nuh i haven't msn addon , and i modified A-Patch142b1_WLM .. thnx for supporting

RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by warmth on 11-05-2008 at 03:33 AM

quote:
:) I Install Plus and i can't find the icon in wlm , nuh i haven't msn addon , and i modified A-Patch142b1_WLM .. thnx for supporting
Press ALT and see if in the menu bar appears the Plus! menu loaded... and let us know... maybe Apatch is causing the icon to not appear or maybe you have the option to disable the icon enabled in MP!L tools...
RE: RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Vilkku on 11-05-2008 at 03:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
quote:
Press ALT and see if in the menu bar appears the Plus! menu loaded... and let us know... maybe Apatch is causing the icon to not appear or maybe you have the option to disable the icon enabled in MP!L tools...
Did you download the correct version? Please note that the download button downloads the latest release version, there is a separate link in the text for the beta version.

IMO this thread should be closed, at least personally I'm not monitoring it as much as the support forum, and people are actually posting here for support.
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by wyvrn on 11-05-2008 at 03:52 AM

i do it but i can't find plus ! , man i uninstalled wlm and MSn Plus and install again also can't find PLUS ! so PLUS 4.79 Support WLM 9 wave 3 ??!! Or wt's da problem plz help ..

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by dbgarza on 11-05-2008 at 06:22 PM

Thank you Patchou! now I can enjoy WLM9 with plus, I got so used to it that without it I felt WLM was naked lol

Again thank you very much for give us this update for everyone to test it even if is beta still.

My only issue is the already mentioned menu bar on top of the tabs but is nothing that hidding the menu bar doesn't fix for now ^^

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by DJBoddington on 11-06-2008 at 06:19 PM

lol, yea it felt kinda boring without MSN Plus.

I've had no issues with the install, all i have is that is has the /lunch, /onphone status shortcuts, except WLM 9 doesnt support those statuses any more! :( but ill live with that.

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Dragunov on 11-06-2008 at 07:25 PM

Maybe Plus! can bring them back

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Spunky on 11-06-2008 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Maybe Plus! can bring them back

All the old status' are still there atm, just renamed by the looks of it... This means that a skin should be able to replace the names back to what they were, or maybe Plus! can indeed do it (the old status' must still be sent through the servers ok and so it must be quite easy to find out what the actually are... (BRB instead of Busy for example)
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by DJBoddington on 11-06-2008 at 09:06 PM

well if you put in /lunch or any old status its just appears as "away" i would like the Old Ones back though. :)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by valeria-elfo on 11-06-2008 at 10:52 PM

thx for the italian version :)

free messenger with Plus!

byeeee

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by xONaluOx on 11-11-2008 at 12:18 AM

Hallo there first of all THANKU for this really... this jst rulez and i rly needed it... btw... i got a prob with my emoticons... i dnno if u cn tel me how to fix it(if there's any solution of course :D)
anyway
THANKUUUUUU AWESOME JOB CONGRATS RLY :)

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by xONaluOx on 11-11-2008 at 12:19 AM

i felt i was naked too wivout it XD

RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by warmth on 11-11-2008 at 12:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xONaluOx
Hallo there first of all THANKU for this really... this jst rulez and i rly needed it... btw... i got a prob with my emoticons... i dnno if u cn tel me how to fix it(if there's any solution of course :D)
anyway
THANKUUUUUU AWESOME JOB CONGRATS RLY :)
Has nothing to do with Messenger Plus! Live but Windows Live Messenger 2009 my friend... there is no fix available at this time... you have to wait for next build of WLM...
RE: RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Ditto on 11-14-2008 at 11:09 PM

quote:
quote:

This is a known issue and Patchou is working on a fix for it

I noticed this also. I have my regulars desk-topped and I click on those to change tabs, lol.

As for fixing it... maybe put the tabs on the bottom instead of the top, around about where the add's go?

Just a suggestion :P
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by loozhengyuan on 12-17-2008 at 03:54 AM

I seem to have some problems. The html display names dun seem to change color. As in the color codes in the display name dun seem to react.

RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by djdannyp on 12-17-2008 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loozhengyuan
I seem to have some problems. The html display names dun seem to change color. As in the color codes in the display name dun seem to react.

The current version of Messenger Plus doesn't work with the recent release of Messenger 2009
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by loozhengyuan on 12-17-2008 at 09:00 AM

i used the version 479 which msgpluslive claim to be compatible to messenger 2009.

RE: RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Willz on 12-17-2008 at 09:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loozhengyuan
i used the version 479 which msgpluslive claim to be compatible to messenger 2009.

479 is compatible with Messenger 2009 Beta. The keyword there is beta.

The current version of Messenger is Messenger 2009 RC. RC and Beta are not the same thing. It has already been noted on quite a few websites.  If you want Messenger Plus to work properly again you have one of two options.

1: Go back to Messenger 8.5 or Messenger 2009 Beta.

2: Wait until there is an update for Messenger Plus so that it is compatible with Messenger 2009 RC.

Keep in mind this new version has only been out for 2 days, so it will be some time before we see an update.
RE: Compatibility with Messenger 2009 Beta by Menthix on 12-17-2008 at 10:59 AM

Messenger Plus! Live is not yet compatible with the latest build of Windows Live

Messenger 14 (sometimes named version 2009 or 9).

For more information on this, see:
Important news regarding Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live
[READ]What's going on with Plus! and WLM 9?