Shoutbox

Suggestion - Skins Database Browse by Messenger Version - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Suggestion - Skins Database Browse by Messenger Version (/showthread.php?tid=87126)

Suggestion - Skins Database Browse by Messenger Version by Willz on 11-06-2008 at 11:30 PM

Well now that we have Plus for Messenger 9 and skins can get underway I think that it would be a good idea to organize the skins database so that users can browse for skins for their version of Messenger.

I think that a lot of confusion can be avoided if users could browse skins for just a particular version of Messenger since most people don't really pay attention to the side notes that skins have.

Not sure how skins that are compatible with multiple versions would work. But yeah I think that this stuff will be necessary once more skins for 9.0 are out.

Anyway if you guys think its a good idea then just post so that it might be done.

RE: Suggestion - Skins Database Browse by Messenger Version by robert_dll on 11-07-2008 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Willz
Not sure how skins that are compatible with multiple versions would work.
They could appear in every compatible category :)

I like this idea

RE: Suggestion - Skins Database Browse by Messenger Version by mynetx on 11-07-2008 at 10:14 AM

Sounds nice.  (Y)

RE: Suggestion - Skins Database Browse by Messenger Version by Basilis on 11-07-2008 at 01:53 PM

I agree there should be a way to ensure users download a skin that is compatible with their Messenger version so that many threads created here about skins not working could be avoided. Nice idea Willz.

RE: Suggestion - Skins Database Browse by Messenger Version by Menthix on 11-07-2008 at 07:57 PM

Agreed.

* Menthix points to MenthiX's reply to Submit scripts by email is difficult.