Shoutbox

Is it possible to stop a new chat window popping up automatically? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Is it possible to stop a new chat window popping up automatically? (/showthread.php?tid=87361)

Is it possible to stop a new chat window popping up automatically? by catz1973 on 11-19-2008 at 02:54 PM

I've recently installed Messenger Plus! and I've noticed that now when a contact initiates a new conversation with me, the chat window automatically appears full size on my screen. 

I remember with the basic WLM this initial message just appeared in a small pop up window in the right hand corner of the screen for a couple of seconds, followed by the minimised conversation simply flashing on my task bar until I was ready to respond, which I much preferred.

I've searched through the preferences, but I can't see anything obvious which turns this off.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

RE: Is it possible to stop a new chat window popping up automatically? by Spunky on 11-19-2008 at 05:19 PM

It's not a setting related to Messenger Plus! Live. It must be something else you have done...

RE: Is it possible to stop a new chat window popping up automatically? by catz1973 on 11-21-2008 at 02:12 PM

Oh dear.   :(   

Well at least I know where not to look now! 

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.   :)