Shoutbox

[Request] Soccer live scores in display name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name (/showthread.php?tid=87633)

[Request] Soccer live scores in display name by warmth on 12-07-2008 at 07:13 PM

Hey guys... this is a huge project that I will love to see done for me and for all sports lover (cause the principal idea now is soccer but in the future there will be options to see other sports added)

The idea is something very very similar to FootieFox extension for Firefox...

where:
1. you select your teams (in my case in priority order will be: ACMilan, Italy, Deportivo Táchira and Venezuela)
2. the scripts go to some livescore website (like livescore.com, goalslive.com, kicker.de/live-news/livescores, etc.) and verify if one or more of your teams are playing right now, are going to play or played that day...
3. if one or more of them are playing then display the live result in the priority you selected and update it in some time interval... for example ACMilan 1-0 Catania [25']
4. if one or more of them are going to play then display when is that going to happen... for example if it's in the same day: ACMilan 1-0 Catania [10:00] or if it's other day: ACMilan 1-0 Catania [07/12]
5. if none of them are playing or are going to play in awhile then display the result for example ACMilan 1-0 Catania [FT]

I will love to see this reached someday... this will be very help full for me cause I always do that manually... :(

Thanks in advance if some of you guys take this as their own project... I will love to do it myself but I am not so much into scripting... :$

Update: The idea is to add options very similar to Countdown Live script in the way it adds this string to your actual display name.

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by Basilis on 12-07-2008 at 07:20 PM

I would love a script like that. Nice idea!

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by djdannyp on 12-07-2008 at 07:26 PM

Sounds like an absolutely fantastic idea

This is definitely something i'd use

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by warmth on 12-07-2008 at 09:43 PM

The idea is to add options very similar to Countdown Live script in the way it adds this string to your actual display name.

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by Basilis on 12-07-2008 at 09:46 PM

I have another script idea. There will be a script that will be getting the scores for a matchday of a specific championship and save them in a text file

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by Matti on 12-08-2008 at 01:29 PM

Now that is one great idea actually. If no-one picks this up, I might try to do it myself when I find some time during the Christmas holidays.

I think this could be the first script ever my little brother would like to use, as he's so obsessed by soccer. :P

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by Eddie on 12-08-2008 at 02:09 PM

When Messenger Plus Live! first came out there was a World Cup Script created, which was great, made by alex_dp2 or something similar, maybe someone could base a script off of that?

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by Matti on 12-08-2008 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
When Messenger Plus Live! first came out there was a World Cup Script created, which was great, made by alex_dp2 or something similar, maybe someone could base a script off of that?
His name's alexp2_ad and he made World Cup Live 2006. Unfortunately, his site is down and I doubt I still have that script. I don't think it'd help much, as I doubt it had some kind of preferences window... it was just enable and forget. :P
RE: RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by djdannyp on 12-08-2008 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matti
quote:
His name's alexp2_ad and he made World Cup Live 2006. Unfortunately, his site is down and I doubt I still have that script. I don't think it'd help much, as I doubt it had some kind of preferences window... it was just enable and forget. :P

There's a modified version of the script attached here

hanlin's reply to World Cup Live 2006

Also on the last page there's a modification to one of the lines so that it copes with extra time properly

Might help to at least get some of the bare bones of the script in place.

Apparently it was able to read from BBC Sport's live text which will automatically mean it can cover all English clubs down to Blue Square Premier (Conference) and all Scottish Prem clubs

That's a start at least :D
RE: RE: RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by NanoChromatic on 12-08-2008 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
quote:
quote:

There's a modified version of the script attached here

hanlin's reply to World Cup Live 2006

Also on the last page there's a modification to one of the lines so that it copes with extra time properly

Might help to at least get some of the bare bones of the script in place.

Apparently it was able to read from BBC Sport's live text which will automatically mean it can cover all English clubs down to Blue Square Premier (Conference) and all Scottish Prem clubs

That's a start at least :D

Thanks, I will try it tommorow :). As Chelsea are playing cluj and Liverpool playing PSV
:) Thanks Danny.
Edit: ¬_¬
RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by Basilis on 12-08-2008 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanoChromatic
Thanks, I will try it tommorow :). As liverpool are playing chuj.
:) Thanks Danny.
Chelsea is playing versus Cluj. Liverpool is playing versus PSV

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by djdannyp on 12-08-2008 at 04:22 PM

Correct

Also I very much doubt the script will work in its current state

I've not looked at the workings of it yet but it will probably need quite some modification before it can be used for this new purpose.

So don't be expecting anything to work on it just yet

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by warmth on 12-08-2008 at 05:42 PM

:D I love that my idea just made such impact... I hope someday I could see some script doing all I said and maybe more...

btw I was a user of the World cup script and I talked to alex at that days to modify it to convert it to a general livescore script and I have mode very so much test with him trying to get scores from some free rss feeds of live soccer scores... but at the end nothing came up... :(

RE: RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by NanoChromatic on 12-08-2008 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
:D I love that my idea just made such impact... I hope someday I could see some script doing all I said and maybe more...

btw I was a user of the World cup script and I talked to alex at that days to modify it to convert it to a general livescore script and I have mode very so much test with him trying to get scores from some free rss feeds of live soccer scores... but at the end nothing came up... :(

Hey, Im no scripting Wizard, But thats a great idea, Using RSS feeds.

Im sure you could use a parameter to Find the score of your team you want and Put it into your name. But then again i cant script.

I'm going to learn though.

edit : Here goes nothing, This will not work but Couldnt you use something like:
onEvent {usersearch} *search RSS For team* then add to name
Something like that I know the * is not a command But i have no idea how to script.
RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by warmth on 12-08-2008 at 06:04 PM

the problem with that NanoChromatic is the interval of score updates, the limitations of a free rss feed of scores and the language restriction you will see of getting names of the teams from a rss feed in non english website...

I remember that I found a pay rss feed if scores that updated it almost in real time and had almost all the sports and leagues... all in english version and the format was very very good.. the problem was the money... I wrote to them to get it free and sponsor them... but I had never got a reply from them... and I can't remember the site right now...

here there are some that can be useful:
http://www.scorespro.com/rss/live-soccer.xml
http://www.elmarcador.com/rss/feed.aspx
http://www.soccerstand.com/rss/soccer/en/today
http://www.rsslivescores.com/Default.aspx

Note: I have always used http://www.livescore.com/ but they don't have a rss feed source available... but its format is the best...

RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by warmth on 12-16-2008 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Now that is one great idea actually. If no-one picks this up, I might try to do it myself when I find some time during the Christmas holidays.
Matti :P are you???
RE: [Request] Soccer live scores in display name by warmth on 11-14-2009 at 03:50 AM

:) Matti was you talking of 2008 or 2009 christmas? come on dude jajaja... I am still waiting for you!