Shoutbox

Please help me =( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Please help me =( (/showthread.php?tid=88097)

Please help me =( by ALikelyMind on 01-04-2009 at 12:13 PM

I am using windows live messenger 2009, and I recently slicked my hard drive.
My virus sweepers and internet watches allow wlm to connect to the system, my firewall has it listed under exceptions, I have tried tot he connection troubleshooter and it says it is connected through a wireless connection, and it STILL won't connect me! Any suggestions?

RE: Please help me =( by NanoChromatic on 01-04-2009 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ALikelyMind
My virus sweepers and internet watches allow wlm to connect to the system, my firewall has it listed under exceptions, I have tried tot he connection troubleshooter and it says it is connected through a wireless connection, and it STILL won't connect me! Any suggestions?

Try running the connection troubleshooter thing.
Then if they all pass, it should be fine.
If not, post here.
RE: Please help me =( by vaccination on 01-04-2009 at 02:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanoChromatic
quote:
Originally posted by ALikelyMind

Try running the connection troubleshooter thing.
Then if they all pass, it should be fine.
If not, post here.

----

If everything else can connect to the internet fine then it's likely a problem with the Messenger servers, in which case there's nothing you can do and the problem should resolve its self relatively quickly, however you can always try downgrading to WLM 8.5 and see if that works.(I know it's not an ideal solution but there's not much else you can try)
RE: Please help me =( by ALikelyMind on 01-04-2009 at 09:21 PM

I've tried the connection troubleshooter, and it doesn't work. I can try downgrading, but I had a lower version before I upgraded and it just didn't work.