Shoutbox

Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem (/showthread.php?tid=88560)

Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by Dcontrol on 01-19-2009 at 10:21 AM

I keep getting error code 8e5e0152 everytime I try and sign in to Windows Live Messenger. It's bugging me now as I've searched for a solution but to no avail. Version 2009 (build 14.0.8050.1202) is what I'm using on Vista by the way.

It's not listed on my add/remove programs for some reason so I can't just do the usual unistall/reinstall.  Any help for a fix to the problem or for an alternative solution will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks (Y)

RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by djdannyp on 01-19-2009 at 10:24 AM

It should be under Programs & Features as "Windows Live Essentials" which will give you the option to remove Messenger.

Failing that or if that doesn't work, try ZapMessenger to remove all traces of WLM 2009 and then try re-installing

RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by Dcontrol on 01-19-2009 at 10:26 AM

I thought it may have been called that instead of the usual WLM.  Thanks for the speedy reply I'll try that and see how I get on.

EDIT - Uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing so I've reverted back to an older version of WLM, version 8.5 (build 8.5.1302.1018) which is working fine.  Bizarre but I'm just glad to be able to access my mail and talk to friends again.

RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by Nitwon on 05-08-2009 at 07:59 PM

My sister had this problem, couldn't sign on, but other people could on her laptop, and she could elsewhere, it just seemed like her username on that laptop wouldn't work.

The Solution:

I'll try to remember this...

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Local Settings\Applications (might be Application Data instead, can't remember) and look for Windows Live Contacts and delete its contents, but keep a backup just incase this causes side effects. The folder will come back if it needs to I'm sure. This seemed to solve the problem.

(For Windows XP, sure it's similar for Vista, just the folder's in a different place)

Some of her settings returned to default, but I'm sure that won't be a problem for you, as long as it works. :)

RE: RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by sno on 08-27-2009 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitwon
My sister had this problem, couldn't sign on, but other people could on her laptop, and she could elsewhere, it just seemed like her username on that laptop wouldn't work.

The Solution:

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Local Settings\Applications (might be Application Data instead, can't remember) and look for Windows Live Contacts and delete its contents, but keep a backup just incase this causes side effects. The folder will come back if it needs to I'm sure. This seemed to solve the problem.

(For Windows XP, sure it's similar for Vista, just the folder's in a different place)

Some of her settings returned to default, but I'm sure that won't be a problem for you, as long as it works. :)
Worked a treat
For those using Vista the folder is located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft
RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by trevorjbell on 09-16-2009 at 01:06 AM

Nitwon, I specifically registered for this site just to say thank you. I doubt I will ever have cause to log in again (I hope not =) ).

I downloaded this in march and it worked for a bit then stopped. Everytime I logged in I got this message. I downgraded MSN and from March to today the old version worked like a charm. Well today I got the message I could not continue on the old version and must upgrade.

Back in march I looked every where for a solution....nothing so ...thank you VERY MUCH for your solution. It worked perfectly!!

RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by Marielouiseee on 09-21-2009 at 07:20 PM

What do you mean by "folder is located in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft". How do I find it, I don't understand?

RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by Jonnyw2k on 09-29-2009 at 11:33 PM

Hey, that is only for vista/Windows 7 users on XP you will have to use the other folder. If you cannot find it you may have to enable "Show Hidden files"

XP: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpands...s/hiddenfiles.mspx

Vista: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/He...17a04a59f1033.mspx

I hope this clears up not being able to find the folders in question.

Anyway just registered to say thanks for the fix, and thought I'd help out while I'm here.

RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by khanimania on 10-09-2009 at 12:33 PM

i found the solution guys for this shit error dont have to any thing i used days and nights here the thins very simple download this

http://www.messengeradictos.com/documentos/msn-efix_2600961

msn fix its spanish site
The Descargar button is the download link Wink choose the error u have ot will fix for u, close all internet browers and msn exit it.:D

RE: RE: RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by ayshazencats on 01-27-2010 at 11:28 PM

Thanks so much for this. When I deleted the folder and restarted my Windows Live Mail, all was restored, including my original contact list, and my messenger started normally.

Very much appreciated.

Chrissy

quote:
Originally posted by sno
quote:
Originally posted by Nitwon

The Solution:

[/i]

RE: RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by JellyBelly on 02-09-2010 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by khanimania
i found the solution guys for this shit error dont have to any thing i used days and nights here the thins very simple download this

http://www.messengeradictos.com/documentos/msn-efix_2600961

msn fix its spanish site
The Descargar button is the download link Wink choose the error u have ot will fix for u, close all internet browers and msn exit it.:D

Hey I did this and it works really good!!!! It went so fast :D i didnt have to do anything!!! thank you spanish guy!!
RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by vincygirl on 03-03-2010 at 03:47 PM

i try everything to the error and still i cannot get through can someone please help me i getting frustrated.

RE: Sign In Error Code 8e5e0152 Problem by vincygirl on 03-03-2010 at 04:14 PM

i trying everything its not working
what can i do now