Shoutbox

wlcomm.exe - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: wlcomm.exe (/showthread.php?tid=88565)

wlcomm.exe by orcaz on 01-19-2009 at 02:44 PM

With the new version 2009, there is now a new process called wlcomm.exe when i login to windows live messenger. many sites say it is used for updating contact info, but i find it RAM consuming... is there anyway to stop it frm running?

RE: wlcomm.exe by blessedguy on 01-19-2009 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by orcaz
With the new version 2009, there is now a new process called wlcomm.exe when i login to windows live messenger. many sites say it is used for updating contact info, but i find it RAM consuming... is there anyway to stop it frm running?
If you stop it, your Windows Live based programs will all display the same error message at the same time, and all them will be closed. =)
So, yeah, no is the answear. (I also hate it ¬¬', that's why I discovered what happens...)
RE: wlcomm.exe by Pratul Awasthi on 04-28-2009 at 02:39 AM

lol!! hey guys dont try to delete it!! i deleted mine!! and... now... msn wont connect it says... it's not connected to .net service!!! i need help with reinstalling the process!! can someone plz help me!!!

RE: wlcomm.exe by robert_dll on 04-28-2009 at 02:45 AM

What about reinstalling with Windows Live Installer?

RE: wlcomm.exe by Pratul Awasthi on 04-29-2009 at 11:23 AM

nope... reinstalling it didn't work!! butt...... i fount a solution to this problem. I searched on my other computer for wlcomm.exe and copied it and pasted it to the right location onto this computer and windows live messenger connected to .net service once again!! so, allz good!!:)

RE: wlcomm.exe by Spunky on 04-29-2009 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pratul Awasthi
nope... reinstalling it didn't work!! butt...... i fount a solution to this problem. I searched on my other computer for wlcomm.exe and copied it and pasted it to the right location onto this computer and windows live messenger connected to .net service once again!! so, allz good!!:)

That's basically what the installer would do... Copy it from it's setup files and paste it to the relevant directory ^o)
RE: wlcomm.exe by nunoaires on 02-22-2010 at 09:22 PM

Hi guys .. since few days ago my Messenger began to block and when that happened freeze me the all system and I have to restart the windows.
I discovered that this problem is caused by the wlcomm.exe. So if you say that i can't remove it, do you know how can i fix it? I already try to remove and install the messenger again but the problem stills.

RE: wlcomm.exe by Chris4 on 02-22-2010 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nunoaires
since few days ago my Messenger began to block
Remove what ever is blocking it.