Shoutbox

I can't see what I type in conversations! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: I can't see what I type in conversations! (/showthread.php?tid=89456)

I can't see what I type in conversations! by Bazzz on 03-01-2009 at 09:02 PM

Hello. :]

I'm really confused because I have downloaded the 2009 version of Windows Live Messenger along with Messenger Plus! but when I type in a conversation box, I cannot see what I'm typing. It does show what I say in the conversation but not in the box where I type! I have tried everything from uninstalling and re-installing and even repaired both programs! Help me please?!

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by robert_dll on 03-01-2009 at 09:07 PM

Are you using a skin or another add-on?

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Bazzz on 03-01-2009 at 09:11 PM

What do you mean by skin? I'm not using another add-on.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by djdannyp on 03-01-2009 at 09:49 PM

Skins are downloadable patches for Messenger Plus! Live to change the appearance of Windows Live Messenger.

If you uninstall Messenger Plus! Live does the problem disappear?

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Bazzz on 03-01-2009 at 10:30 PM

Nope - I don't use skins.
I have uninstalled Plus! and it did disappear. When I installed it again, the problem appears again?! I really don't want not being able to use Plus! because I hate not having all conversations in one window and without Plus!, there's a crap choice of font colours.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Moh on 03-01-2009 at 10:41 PM

Did you have any scripts? Also, please provide the exact versions of Windows Live Messenger and Plus! installed.

Help>About Messenger
Plus!>About Messenger Plus!..

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Bazzz on 03-02-2009 at 02:01 AM

Nope - I don't use scripts.

I have downloaded the newest version of Windows Live Messenger and the same for Plus! I think it's version 4.8.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by bammurdo on 03-02-2009 at 08:20 PM

erm... just a random shoot in the grass, is your font white?, can you see it if you highlight it.?

bam :D

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by badman666 on 03-03-2009 at 02:02 PM

Hello,

I have the same problem as BAZZZ.

I have Windows Live Messenger 2009 (latest Version) and Plus 4.8 installed. No Skins, no skripts. If I uninstall the plus, everything is running perfectly.
Please help. Thanks

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Menthix on 03-05-2009 at 10:39 PM

Several people on the Dutch forum reported the same problem. None of them had any skins or scripts interfering and all the font/color settings were correct. The thing that solved it was uninstalling Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! and re-install it again. (sse my other posts below)

Still not sure what's causing this for a relative large group of people, but at least there's a fix.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by robert_dll on 03-06-2009 at 12:49 AM

Spanish forum users are also reporting this, I will tell them to do what you said the next time.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by blessedguy on 03-06-2009 at 04:38 PM

I've received some emails reporting that problem too, even with people withou skins... Yeah, MenthiX, your method just worked with them =)

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by frenchy972 on 03-12-2009 at 06:28 PM

hello,

heum i'm having the same problem of BAZZZ and badman666.

i did uninstall Messenger Plus and Windows Live Messenger 2009 and re-install it again and its still the same resalt
can't see anything i'm writting ! !
Its really boring with out Messenger Plus
i don't know what to do anymore

so what do we do, live it like this or just uninstall it ?

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Menthix on 03-12-2009 at 06:38 PM

At least 2 people on the Dutch forum report the same. As soon as they re-instal Plus! again (or some time after they re-install Plus!) the problem re-appears. Uninstalling Plus! gets rid of the problem. None of them are using skins or scripts.

Seems to be a Plus! bug somehow.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Bazzz on 03-13-2009 at 04:38 PM

Thanks for the help. :]
Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem when I uninstalled and re-installed both Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! I agree with frenchy972 because the messenger really sucks without Plus! ):

Beth
xx

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Menthix on 03-18-2009 at 03:09 PM

* Menthix bumps thread

At least 6 people with the same problem on the Dutch forum, 4 on this forum (if you count this), + people on the Spanish forum and people mailing blessedguy :p.

The people who posted on the Dutch forum say the problem re-appears after installing Plus!. One has downgraded to WLM8 and didn't report problems since, so I guess it's a WLM9-only issue?

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by country2joe on 03-21-2009 at 06:19 PM

I am having the same issue with 'can't see what I type"... I've removed plus and it works fine....tried everything I could think of.... would really like to use Plus... so any help would be appreciated.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by robert_dll on 03-21-2009 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
The thing that solved it was uninstalling Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! and re-install it again.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by country2joe on 03-21-2009 at 10:04 PM

I did try that before, but just in case, I did it again.. did a uninstall of plus, then messenger... then reinstalled messenger and plus again and still have the same problem...

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Menthix on 03-21-2009 at 10:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll
quote:
The thing that solved it was uninstalling Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! and re-install it again.

True, but my post after that:
quote:
The people who posted on the Dutch forum say the problem re-appears after installing Plus!.

The people who told me re-installing fixed it did not install Plus! back yet, the day after when they did install Plus! again the problem returned.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by robert_dll on 03-21-2009 at 11:07 PM

Oh I didn't read that, sorry

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by country2joe on 03-21-2009 at 11:38 PM

so, that being said.. how does one go about finding a solution to the problem.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by tupinc on 03-23-2009 at 06:50 PM

Hi,

i have the same problem. I had done everything. Install/Uninstall and so on.

Is there any solution yet ?

Please Please Please Help ;)

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by NanoChromatic on 03-23-2009 at 08:05 PM

Just uninstall plus! if it is bad, Then just wait for patch to fix this  :).

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by Patchou on 04-15-2009 at 02:39 AM

I'll work on this problem, thank you for contacting us about it.

RE: I can't see what I type in conversations! by country2joe on 04-15-2009 at 09:51 PM

thank you.. I do miss the features in Plus...