Shoutbox

Messenger privacy worry - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Messenger privacy worry (/showthread.php?tid=89610)

Messenger privacy worry by Micky 32 on 03-11-2009 at 12:43 PM

I have messenger 14. I noticed on my contact list that where you have your status( the one beside your contact name) that when one of my contacts were in conversation and that everytime she wrote something to whoever she was writing to came up beside her name on my list. Why did this happen?

RE: Messenger privacy worry by Joshua on 03-11-2009 at 01:17 PM

She may have a virus, script, or something else. But I'm sure its not your problem.

RE: Messenger privacy worry by Moh on 03-11-2009 at 01:19 PM

There is nothing to worry about. She is most probably using a script that offers such feature. Have a look at PSMChat.

RE: Messenger privacy worry by Micky 32 on 03-11-2009 at 01:35 PM

They are also coming up on my "what's new" box when people change their status etc

RE: RE: Messenger privacy worry by Moh on 03-11-2009 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Micky 32
They are also coming up on my "what's new" box when people change their status etc
Yes, that's random. Because the "what's new" box also shows you the updated nicknames and personal messages of your contacts.
RE: Messenger privacy worry by Spunky on 03-11-2009 at 02:48 PM

Also, an older version of one of my scripts is able to do this, so that is another possibility.

RE: Messenger privacy worry by Joshua on 03-12-2009 at 11:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:
Yes, that's random. Because the "what's new" box also shows you the updated nicknames and personal messages of your contacts.
I think you can change that by clicking on the Hyperlink What's New in WLM. Login and click Customize your settings. Then it will show: Manage what's new from your network

* Windows Live ► What's new with your network ►Options

On  the top.
RE: RE: Messenger privacy worry by Moh on 03-12-2009 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joshua
quote:
Originally posted by Moh Zayadi
quote:
I think you can change that by clicking on the Hyperlink What's New in WLM. Login and click Customize your settings. Then it will show: Manage what's new from your network

* Windows Live ► What's new with your network ►Options

On  the top.

Yes it can, it is set by default to show updates about changes to Messenger pictures or personal messages by default though so that's why he saw his friend's PMs there.