Shoutbox

OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending (/showthread.php?tid=89962)

OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by si3rra on 03-29-2009 at 12:56 AM

Hello!
I don't know it's maby just me!
But i have tested to add the 32 bits DWORD "OverrideImgTransfer" with value 1 to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\myuser@mydomain.xxx\Preferences

but i STILL get the photo-transfer when i drop files in the conversation Window.

Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
Windows Live Messenger 14.0.0206
Messenger Plus! Live 4.81.0.358

also same setup, XP 32bits and Vista Ultimate x64.

Can someone explain to me?!

RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by NanaFreak on 03-29-2009 at 01:18 AM

im quite sure this function is only to stop it when you paste a screenshot into the window not a file...

RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by ShawnZ on 03-29-2009 at 01:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
im quite sure this function is only to stop it when you paste a screenshot into the window not a file...

well pasting screenshots and pasting files use the same mechanism...
RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by si3rra on 03-29-2009 at 01:49 AM

Copy, paste a .jpg image still gets the photo transfer.
A "printscreen" -> paste (pasted information filenamn.jpg) gives file-transfer..

RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by CookieRevised on 03-29-2009 at 01:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
correct
quote:
from http://www.msgpluslive.com/ > Help > Registry Settings:

\Preferences  -  OverrideImgTransfer  -  dword  -  default: 0

Boolean value. If true (1), Messenger Plus! forces a JPG file to be sent in a file transfer when a picture is pasted in a conversation. Especially useful if you do not like Photo Sharing in Messenger 2009.
;)

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by si3rra
Copy, paste a .jpg image file(!) still gets the photo transfer.
A "printscreen" -> paste (pasted information filenamn.jpg) gives file-transfer..
correct, and that is what is explained on http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry/

Note that "picture" is bitmap data (eg: a copy of the image in your image editor, a screenshot, etc), not a reference to file on your hard disk which you copied from Explorer or something. Picture data and a reference to a file are two completely different things.

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
well pasting screenshots and pasting files use the same mechanism...
but it is totally different clipboard data type.... for now Plus! only intercepts bitmap data from the clipboard, not file references.

--

But I agree that it would be better if Plus! would also auto-detect the type of a pasted or dropped referenced to a file, and override the PhotoShare if needed...

Maybe for less confusion the text in http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry/ should be changed from "when a picture is pasted" to "when bitmap data is pasted"...

RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by Cylet on 04-14-2009 at 02:04 PM

So why the hell did Microsoft changed that draimage-transfer or didn't give us at least an option to keep the good old file-transfer-feature? Dropping the file into the message-window and everything is fine, but nooo...they had to change it^^ Never touch a running system^^.
I hope there will be an option for that soon - from Microsoft or Plus! :D

RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by si3rra on 04-19-2009 at 10:07 AM

Now its possible!!!
http://www.withinwindows.com/2009/04/18/photo-sha...nger-kill-it-dead/

And as you can see in the comment's many people misunderstands how the plus! thing workes..

How long before this is included in plus!!?

RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by mynetx on 04-19-2009 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by si3rra
How long before this is included in plus!!?
Patchou will not touch any single bit of the original Messenger files. It would make Plus! violate the Messenger Terms of Use.
RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by Mnjul on 04-19-2009 at 11:22 AM

Well, now the address is clear..it'll be fairly easy for a script to implement it by dynamically writing into Messenger's process space, just like how idle lies works or so :p

RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by riahc4 on 05-26-2009 at 03:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Well, now the address is clear..it'll be fairly easy for a script to implement it by dynamically writing into Messenger's process space, just like how idle lies works or so :p
Guess you have started to work on this ;)
RE: OverrideImgTransfer and photo sending by Mnjul on 05-26-2009 at 04:00 PM

Nah, somebody else has done it :p