Shoutbox

This could be a bug , I'm not sure... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... (/showthread.php?tid=92340)

This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by eric1234 on 09-24-2009 at 11:48 AM

Messenger Plus won't document in the "display alerts viewer" , when a contact comes online.
i.e. when i click on : Plus!> display even viewer
it doesn't show at what time contacts came online (with the time stamp)

the only thing it does is display when they  sign out and what they're listening to.

Does anyone know how to help me fix this problem?
i tried uninstalling and re-installing windows live messenger and Messenger Plus again
tried restoring the computer to a previous time,
and before you ask, i do have the "display alerts when contacts come online " in the options menu AND have a special event notification for all contacts on Messenger Plus with both sound and pop up.
anyway NOTHING WORKS!

the problem is the same in my two other computers so i'm thinking it's a bug and not something specific wrong with just mine.

thanks for any help guys:(

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by CookieRevised on 09-25-2009 at 02:04 AM

Make also sure you have enabled all the options in the dropdown options menu in the Event Viewer itself.

In the Event Viewer window:
Options >
Show General Information
Show Personal Messages
Show Current Media

And make sure you haven't filtered out some contacts:
menu: 'Plus!' > item: 'Preferences & Options' > tab: 'Messenger' > left tab: 'Event Logging' > title: 'Event Viewer' > button: 'Filter by Contacts'

Other than that, it should show contacts coming online...

------

PS:

quote:
Originally posted by eric1234
and before you ask, i do have the "display alerts when contacts come online "
That is a Messenger-option to show so called "toasts" (those popups in the bottom right corner). It has got nothing todo with the Event Viewer.

quote:
Originally posted by eric1234
AND have a special event notification for all contacts on Messenger Plus with both sound and pop up.
Is also not related to the Event Viewer. It is again a feature to show "toasts" (or play a sound).

The "toast" notifications (or "alerts" as Messenger calls them) don't have anything todo with the Event Viewer (other than that they both can show the same information, but in a different way).

;)
RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by buddhika_s on 09-25-2009 at 11:53 PM

I've been having the same problem.  I have all of the options checked and has no filter enabled.  I also reinstalled messenger plus but didn't work.

If someone figures out a way to fix this please let us know.

Thanks

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by toro156 on 09-26-2009 at 11:25 AM

Hello there,

i was searching for a solution for this problem, that's how I landed here.

I'm sure that there is something not working correctly. The Event Manger always worked very well, but since 3 days (possibly 2) everything works fine except when a contact comes online. Then nothing happens in the event manager. If the contacts change their status or their PSM it's written in the Manager. So the only thing not working correctly is when someone comes online.

To avoid questions, i've nothing changed in the config for a long time and it worked perfectly.

Would be great if a programmer or anyone else could solve this problem.

Thanks from germany

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by john211 on 09-27-2009 at 12:02 AM

i had the same problem ,, it's start with me for 3 or 4 days ago..

but it's wierd im using PC and Labtop ,, running XP on PC which i had the problem,, but i don't have that problem on my Labtop running Vista platform ,, notice i use the same version of MSN and Messenger Plus

i tried to fix that problem but i couldnt .. i re install msn and plus but still

i search alot but i figured that the problem started from few days ago so i landed here 2

so can any body find out whats goin on?

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by Patchou on 09-27-2009 at 12:46 AM

Thanks for the reports. I did a couple of tests myself and it seems to work fine. Can you confirm you didn't install any other new software in the past few days? can other people check this out?

Thank you.

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by john211 on 09-27-2009 at 12:56 AM

ermm .. i installed hamachi with teknogods ,, and Resident evil 5

i don't think its make any effect

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by toro156 on 09-27-2009 at 08:05 AM

i can confirm, that in the last few days i havn't installed ANY new software.

So I think this problem must be independent from any other software.
Also this seems to be a known problem otherwise there weren't three threads about the same problem.

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by LiZi on 09-27-2009 at 08:37 AM

Event Viewer cannot record (some) account signed in,
but can do only the signed out.
I see that others have the same problem.
I havan't installed any new programs lately.
I uninstalled MsgPlus and re-installed it, but it didn't help.

my computer
MSN Version:8.5.1302.1018
PLUS Version:4.82.0.368
windows XP

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by john211 on 09-27-2009 at 12:41 PM

im also using the following:

MSN Version:8.5.1302.1018
PLUS Version:4.82.0.368
windows XP

i guess the problem from windows itself idk ,, does any one got the same problem in another platform (not XP)?

beside i notice that even viewer can record who signed in by yahoo accounts,, weird??

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by dris66 on 09-27-2009 at 02:23 PM

Hi all

I wrote this one into an other topic.

'I have the same problem for about 4-5 days. It shows and records only the Sign Outs, and nothing else (except for my status changes). I tried reinstalling my WLM and Plus! too but I didn't work at all. Hell, I formatted my HD and reinstalled my OS, etc.  It's still bad.'

...The problem appeared without any reason because I hadn't changed anything at all for months. I have WXP SP2, WLM 8.5.1302.1018 and MP!L 4.82.0.368. I didn't even use windows update, absolutely nothing. Of course I checked the things mentioned before and everything is fine.

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by el_Grekko on 09-27-2009 at 03:36 PM

Hi

I'm having the same problem, since thursday.

I'm using: WLM version 8.5.1302.1018, Messenger Plus! version 4.82.368, Windows XP SP3.
I tried everything, eeeeverythiing, but nothin'. And i'm using Messenger Plus! for a few years and i never had any problems with it. I don't know what's going on now :S

I think that MS has somethin' to do with this :D

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by Patchou on 09-27-2009 at 05:01 PM

Seems like Ms recently changed something in their protocol for Messenger 8 running in XP. Bug found and fixed in version 4.83 (to be released in a week).

Note: if you find any other problems in XP with Messenger 8, let me know :). Thanks for the reports.

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by George87 on 09-27-2009 at 05:59 PM

I've the same problem also :(

Hope to realse the new version soon

Thanks Patchou for fixing it

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by john211 on 09-27-2009 at 07:09 PM

thx Patchou ;)

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by el_Grekko on 09-27-2009 at 09:09 PM

many many thx Patchou ;)

...and I just got used to the new MSN 2009 hehehe

When the new 4.83 version is released, i'll switch back to WLM 8.5 :)

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by eric1234 on 09-28-2009 at 08:09 PM

THanks patchou , hopefully the patch will work
will you be posting it here?

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by Chris4 on 10-04-2009 at 01:15 AM

It will be updated here when it's complete.

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by Rapidfire on 10-13-2009 at 04:02 PM

Just wandering how the patch is coming along, since it has been more than a week since it was due.

RE: RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by pinheiruh on 10-17-2009 at 03:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rapidfire
Just wandering how the patch is coming along, since it has been more than a week since it was due.

Almost a month =/
RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by djdannyp on 10-17-2009 at 06:07 PM

He mentioned in another thread that he's having problems getting it digitally signed, that's the reason for the delay

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by Rapidfire on 10-18-2009 at 06:09 PM

Thank you for letting me know, but why does it have to be digitally signed?

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by Patchou on 10-18-2009 at 06:20 PM

For your protection :)

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by shadn on 10-22-2009 at 01:28 PM

Thank you

I will try.

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by dris66 on 10-22-2009 at 03:34 PM

Thanks Patchou. It works fine. Good job & keep it up! (Y)

RE: This could be a bug , I'm not sure... by Rapidfire on 10-22-2009 at 04:32 PM

Thank you, good job with the update and no problems with it.