Shoutbox

Chat window freezes sometimes while typing longer messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat window freezes sometimes while typing longer messages (/showthread.php?tid=92485)

Chat window freezes sometimes while typing longer messages by Moxynard on 10-06-2009 at 02:55 AM

I installed Messenger Plus! a few months ago, and for the most part have not had problems. But on about four occasions within the last three weeks, while debating something with a friend of mine over Messenger, the window 'froze' after I had typed out a lengthy reply. I could still move it(the window) around if I dragged the top bar, but nothing within the window worked. The line that appears in front of text as you type still blinked as if it was working, but I could not move it anywhere, causing it to stay in the place it was at the end of the line, and I could not type. So I had to close the window. After opening another chat window with this person(or people, in one of the cases), I found that the messages for the sessions that froze had not been archived, either. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen, and if anyone knows how to fix this. It's quite annoying. As a note, the window froze before I reached the character limit each time.

Thanks in advance,
   Raymond

RE: Chat window freezes sometimes while typing longer messages by Krakken00 on 10-09-2009 at 06:58 PM

My only help would be: reinstall/degrade MSN

Sorry mate. :(