Shoutbox

Messenger Plus installing but not working. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus installing but not working. (/showthread.php?tid=93781)

Messenger Plus installing but not working. by Jonesy2010 on 02-07-2010 at 10:43 AM

Hey,

Messenger Plus is installing but it aint working. I've downloaded and tried a few but none work. I'm using MSN version 9 (14.0)

Any help or suggestions would be good!

Cheers. :)

RE: Messenger Plus installing but not working. by djdannyp on 02-07-2010 at 11:24 AM

Try reading the following thread

Messenger Plus! Live Disappears after restart

RE: Messenger Plus installing but not working. by Jonesy2010 on 02-07-2010 at 06:51 PM

I read the thread. I don't have any of them programmes installed.

RE: Messenger Plus installing but not working. by Chrissy on 02-07-2010 at 07:01 PM

What programs do you have installed? You can list them by 'Print Screening' them and posting the images here.

Also, are you an administrator on your computer?

RE: Messenger Plus installing but not working. by Jonesy2010 on 02-08-2010 at 05:23 PM

Fixed it.

The compatibilty mode was running in Windows 2000. I changed it to Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) and it worked. :D

RE: Messenger Plus installing but not working. by Chris4 on 02-08-2010 at 05:48 PM

When you Installed Messenger Plus! Live, it should have reset the compatibility mode for Windows Live Messenger, as it's known to cause problems.

But thanks for the feedback, it'll quieten the people that keep saying "compatibility mode won't do any harm". ;)

RE: Messenger Plus installing but not working. by Chrissy on 02-08-2010 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
When you Installed Messenger Plus! Live, it should have reset the compatibility mode for Windows Live Messenger, as it's known to cause problems.

But thanks for the feedback, it'll quieten the people that keep saying "compatibility mode won't do any harm". ;)
Err. The people that say that (me:P) means compatibility mode yeah, but Windows 2000, no.