Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! installed but didn't install. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! installed but didn't install. (/showthread.php?tid=94232)

Messenger Plus! installed but didn't install. by Hazim on 03-28-2010 at 04:35 PM

Hey guys, just having a slight issue with Messenger Plus. I've used Plus! before and it's remarkable, but, I'm now faced with a problem. Whenever I wanted to use MSN before, (i have 8.0), it used to tell me I needed to download the new one, after Googling a little, I figured out, that if you right click MSN --> Properties, and use "Run in compatibility mode for Windows 2000", it works like a charm without forcing you to update.

Well, I installed Messenger Plus and noticed that it will only "appear" and function if I don't run it in compatibility mode, but I have to run it in compatibility mode in order to not be forced to update.

Is there a method that I can use that will let me use Messenger Plus, but without updating MSN?

RE: Messenger Plus! installed but didn't install. by Chrissy on 03-28-2010 at 04:40 PM

No..

It can run in vista compatibility mode and I think XP. Any lower than that and no it shouldn't work. Note: Even on XP or Vista mode Plus! may still have problems. It's best to keep up to date with them both :P

Just upgrade to the latest of the two. :P

RE: Messenger Plus! installed but didn't install. by djdannyp on 03-28-2010 at 04:40 PM

In short, no.  You must update Windows Live Messenger in order to use the latest Messenger Plus! Live and should also do so for nyumerous other security reasons.