Shoutbox

Custom Sounds - Is there any way to autoplay custom sounds? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Custom Sounds - Is there any way to autoplay custom sounds? (/showthread.php?tid=94966)

Custom Sounds - Is there any way to autoplay custom sounds? by rthedgehog on 07-07-2010 at 08:11 PM

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Live Plus, I was wondering if with custom sounds, there is a way to make them autoplay for the contact you are sending them to, like with the presets?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Reece :D

RE: Custom Sounds - Is there any way to autoplay custom sounds? by matty on 07-07-2010 at 08:13 PM

I don't personally use the custom sounds feature however nothing is automatic on the receivers end without user interaction is my understanding. I could be wrong. I don't have WLM or Plus! installed at work to verify.

RE: Custom Sounds - Is there any way to autoplay custom sounds? by rthedgehog on 07-07-2010 at 08:15 PM

Ahh, okay.
It's more or less for a joke, being annoying with sounds XD

RE: Custom Sounds - Is there any way to autoplay custom sounds? by Sunshine on 07-07-2010 at 08:36 PM

Emotion sounds can be played automatically or not at the receivers end. All depends on how the receiver has set it (Plus > preferences and options > Sounds..under Custom Emotion Sounds). I do believe by default it is set to automatically play. I understand what you want is to force auto play at receivers end: that is not possible.