Shoutbox

Anyone help me? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Anyone help me? (/showthread.php?tid=95268)

Anyone help me? by samwonghc on 08-19-2010 at 05:16 AM

I Downloaded Messenger Plus and install,when i use the emotion sounds,I can't hear anything!I used preview mode,but i can't hear it either!and also i send some custom emotion sounds,it said "The server may be under maintenance."
How can i fix it?

RE: Anyone help me? by Chrono on 08-19-2010 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by samwonghc
I Downloaded Messenger Plus and install,when i use the emotion sounds,I can't hear anything!
there are some sounds that arent working in the current release (apparently, people at yuna are too lazy to fix this :P), so try all of them, there are some that still work.

About the "server under maintenance" message, it's a quite common thing, it means that the servers arent working fine. You should try again later, i guess they'll get better servers at some point :P
RE: Anyone help me? by Menthix on 08-19-2010 at 09:09 AM

The sound servers do seem to be a bit unreliable at times.
Although I don't have the dodgy problem Chrono has, fix your own system :p

However, if you are never able to send or receive any sound at all even when you tried at a few different times, something else might be the problem. Can you access http://sounds.msgpluslive.net/ in your browser? Sounds are downloaded by Plus! internally from that location. If something is preventing connection to that server that will explain why sounds aren't playing. It could be due a firewall or some kind of security application. For example, up until 2 days ago MalwareBytes was blocking the IP addresss of the sound servers.

RE: Anyone help me? by Chrono on 08-19-2010 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Although I don't have the dodgy problem Chrono has, fix your own system
im not the only one with the problem, hence it's not just my system :p