Shoutbox

When can we "reclaim" our skins? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: When can we "reclaim" our skins? (/showthread.php?tid=97004)

When can we "reclaim" our skins? by Nagamasa on 03-06-2011 at 11:28 PM

So when are we going to be able to link our Skins with our MyPlus! account manually?

RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by foaly on 03-06-2011 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
So when are we going to be able to link our Skins with our MyPlus! account manually?
and/or scripts?
RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by blessedguy on 03-06-2011 at 11:32 PM

As far as I know, for now you'll have to ask Menthix to link them manually. But yes, it would be good to be able to link them manually :P [But then Menthix would have to moderate the links anyway. Meh, just message him already (A) ]

RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by Menthix on 03-07-2011 at 02:09 PM

PM/email me if you want your items linked to your account. Just let me know which skins and/or scripts are yours, and your username on msgplus.net.

If all your items had the same author/creator name listed in the old db you can just tell me which name to search for instead of all the titles of them items.

Currently I'm still testing the new systems, there are still some issues with it. Once i have some good feedback and the devs fix the important issues we can do it on a bigger scale: I will then send out a mailing to all the skin and script creators with instructions on how to claim their items. But yes, anybody who reads this now can simply PM/mail me and I'll take care of it. It won't be much different when we scale it up :p.

EDIT:
foaly: I linked what I could find from you to your account. Loging with your account and you will find it on https://www.msgplus.net/MyPlus/My-Plus!/My-Contributions. From there you can also edit things. I suggest you at least edit the description of all items to remove the name from the beginning. That was only there so it would be easier to link items to accounts.

Please let me know any bugs, suggestions, and feedback. Online submission is still a work in progress.

Oh, can you also submit your groupblocking update through there? You mailed it before, but it has been waiting for the new submission system since.

RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by foaly on 03-07-2011 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
EDIT:
foaly: I linked what I could find from you to your account. Loging with your account and you will find it on https://www.msgplus.net/MyPlus/My-Plus!/My-Contributions. From there you can also edit things. I suggest you at least edit the description of all items to remove the name from the beginning. That was only there so it would be easier to link items to accounts.

Please let me know any bugs, suggestions, and feedback. Online submission is still a work in progress.

Oh, can you also submit your groupblocking update through there? You mailed it before, but it has been waiting for the new submission system since.
Thank you!
I will update groupblocking when I'm at home :)
Could you change the crYpt scripts Author to StUpIdO?
I don't think I can change that myself :P
RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by Menthix on 03-07-2011 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foaly
Could you change the crYpt scripts Author to StUpIdO?
I don't think I can change that myself :P
True, done.
RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by Dempsey on 03-07-2011 at 10:55 PM

There's loads of SoundPacks which are down as made by me.  Some were and others are from when I took over PlusSounds.net or whatever it was called and they didn't track pack authors.

Also does the new CMS support multiple authors?  For example Matty and Myself for Screenshot Sender?

RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by Menthix on 03-07-2011 at 11:07 PM

Multiple owners is not supported (yet, never say never). You can ofcourse add additional information in the description.

For the soundpacks, I think the best we can do for now is credit everything to 'Unkown User' like with the skins and scripts. And chane things to the approiate account when requested.

RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by foaly on 03-08-2011 at 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
I figure, all edits to scripts have to be accepted by you or someone else to be actually changed in the db itself. But when you change something that is not really clear... It says it saved the changes, but you can't see the changes...
RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by Mnjul on 03-08-2011 at 11:18 AM

afaik build numbers changes are currently ignored (bug).

RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by blessedguy on 03-08-2011 at 02:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
afaik build numbers changes are currently ignored (bug).
It works in skin submission (A) Or I was just really lucky.
RE: When can we "reclaim" our skins? by matty on 03-08-2011 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
For example Matty and Myself for Screenshot Sender?
*cough* 3 authors *cough*