Shoutbox

Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) (/showthread.php?tid=97559)

Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by Solid Snake on 05-08-2011 at 08:04 PM

Hello all ..

I have problem with messenger plus 5 ( latest 5.01 build 706) that when i install it nothing change in messenger its just like i did not install it no plus icon no sound pack ...

that problem first appear when i had windows live messenger 2009 + msg plus 5

it disappear without uninstall

but now still on messenger 2011

Info :

windows live messenger 2011 build (15.4.3502.922)

i checked this post http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=69388 but no luck

also this : http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=89897  same no luck

no other messenger software

i have also test web installer & full offline installer of mesenger plus

i have also reinstalled messenger 2009 & 2011 as well

i searched in this forum & in other webstie for solution but i cant find

That's All :S

EDIT :

i have upgrade my messenger version from (15.4.3502.922) to (15.4.3508.1109)by reinstall again

i have also reinstalled messenger plus but no luck :(

EDIT #2 :

when i install messenger plus & keep check on launch windows live messenger

after i clieck finish it shows me this

msnmsgr.exe - System Error

The proogram can't start because wlidcli.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

But when i click on windows live messenger icon in start menu it works without any problems or errors

EDIT #3 :

EDIT #2 error message Disappeared when i restarted pc :S

EDIT #4 :

=== PROBLEM SOLVED ===

I have 2 GPU Core I5 Intel Graphic & Nvidia Geforce 310M Latest Update Both

& i have Nvidia Optimus that let me switch between 2 GPU of any applications or games

& i choosed Nvidia for all when i switched to Intel for all i closed MSN & re installed messenger plus with launch check  then MSN started with messenger plus  :D

Its related with Nvidia have bug with Flash Player

That's all ! :D

I HOPE THIS IS THE LAST EDIT xD

===== HOW TO FIX IT ======

Well thanks to someone notice me via pm & when i looked in this thread i found many peoples have this problem so i will explain what i did & how it works

Go to Nvidia control panel

Manage 3D settings > Program Settings

1- Choose : Windows Live Messenger

2- Select down : Integrated Graphics

APPLY

OK

Close messenger completely then run it again.

Well its better to install latest update of nvidia ... but unfortunately i am using latest update of Nvidia "275" but still need to set Graphic to Integrated !

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by chlong on 06-10-2011 at 02:30 AM

Hi Solid Snake,

Could you please provide detailed steps on how you solved the problem?

Thank you.

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by lewis.michel on 06-10-2011 at 10:31 AM

messenger plus 5 has not been updated automatically so that's why it's not working.

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by CookieRevised on 06-10-2011 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lewis.michel
messenger plus 5 has not been updated automatically so that's why it's not working.
That does not have anything to do with it.

The problem is nVidia and its incompatible/buggy drivers.
Note that other software has similar issues with nVidia stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by chlong
Could you please provide detailed steps on how you solved the problem?
He choose the option "Intel for all" instead of "nVidia for all" in the nVidia Optimus tool. Essentially disabling some so called 'optimizations' that nVidia does. Those kind of optimizations that nVidia does are actually quite often not needed at all and can cause trouble.
RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by simps100 on 06-15-2011 at 11:19 AM

I have the problem of being able to install both fine but when messenger launch's theres no plus option

I have a NVIDIA NVS 4200M could this be the cause? Ive looked for the nVidia Optimus tool but no luck, any ideas?

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by fred2028 on 07-13-2011 at 03:40 AM

Is there a way to make Plus! work automatically? I've never had this issue with any other program before and I have Optimus turned on

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by CookieRevised on 07-13-2011 at 08:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fred2028
I've never had this issue with any other program before
Then you're lucky :P Not all programs depend on such things though. But Messenger is one of those which can be quite sensitive to such things.

Either way, if you look around on the net you'll see that problems with nVidea drivers and tools are certainly not uncommon in all sorts of programs.

quote:
Originally posted by fred2028
and I have Optimus turned on
It's not a matter of having it turned on or not, but how it is configured (see first post).
RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by wc1128 on 07-13-2011 at 03:25 PM

I have the same problem too. Windows 7 x64. NVIDIA GT540M.

I tried using Messenger 2009 and 2011 but neither works with Messenger Plus.

I tried using Plus 4.9, 5.01 and 5.02 but none works as well.

I've upgraded the NVIDIA driver to the latest, but it doesn't help.

I've installed only the NVIDIA driver, leaving out the other NVIDIA tools, but doesn't work as well.

In NVIDIA Settings, I set to use NVIDIA GPU only, but doesn't work. Setting to Integrated Graphics doesn't work as well.

I don't have any of the incompatible programs listed.

Can someone please help? I really like Plus especially the chat log viewer.

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by enesto on 07-17-2011 at 12:06 PM

Same problem here!! New laptop, NVIDIA stuff and NO PLUS!! :(

HELP i neeeeeeeed PLUS !!

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by enesto on 07-23-2011 at 11:01 AM

Anybody???

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by rosalina on 07-24-2011 at 03:01 PM

oi pessoal?

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by zl96 on 07-24-2011 at 06:10 PM

what is not working?

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by rosalina on 07-24-2011 at 06:39 PM

klerosa@hotmail.com

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by Solid Snake on 07-24-2011 at 10:35 PM

Thread Updated

Edited first post: added how to fix the problem

Just keep in mind not the msgplus not load also all winks not work !

winks needs flash player ... since nvidia have problem with flash player so it doesn't work.

I don't know if msgplus have flash player content.

Because Nvidia have problem with flash player sometimes & i'm not sure if that is the problem cause msgplus not to load.

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by szerenca on 07-26-2011 at 03:34 PM

Hi!

I have the same problem with the Windows Live Messenger 14.0.8117.416; Messenger Plus 4.9.0.392 and Nvidia Geforce 525m 1gB with Dell Inspiron N5110 (Core I7 2630mHz, 8 gB of RAM, Windows 7 x64 professional). If i don't have the Nvidia driver, the Plus works fine. But if I install it, plus cannot load...
Once it worked in an older Windows (7 too), but now I got a virus, and had to reinstall it, and don't know what I have to do...
I tried everything, new or older drivers, plus, patches, windows update,  Nvidia control panel, etc. but nothing happened.

Maybe flash driver?

Plz help!

Thanks!

// Problem solved: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=98023

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by Kliff on 07-27-2011 at 03:45 AM

Hi szerenca, I CAN'T OPEN the thread you posted to solve the problem

RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by Spunky on 07-27-2011 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kliff
Hi szerenca, I CAN'T OPEN the thread you posted to solve the problem

Kliff, the thread was moved to a private section of the forum until we can get confirmation from the developers that they are ok with a patch modifying files. From the reports I've seen (although limited), this does indeed work. Please hold on tight and we will keep you updated through the forums
RE: Messenger Plus 5 Not Work by Kliff on 07-27-2011 at 12:45 PM

Thanks my friend, I guess I'll have to wait to solve this annoying problem.

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by prashker on 08-01-2011 at 02:51 PM

A little update, this has been fixed in a private beta build (thanks to Déjà Q for finding and addressing the fix :bow:)

Conflict between Plus and Nvidia driver (detoured.dll).

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by navette on 08-02-2011 at 02:47 AM

Any possible way we can get access to that beta release? Because I'm stressing hard over this and the first post's solution didn't help me.

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by Spunky on 08-02-2011 at 09:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by navette
Any possible way we can get access to that beta release? Because I'm stressing hard over this and the first post's solution didn't help me.

Not until it is released publicly as a stable version
RE: RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by Kliff on 08-02-2011 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by navette

YEAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!
RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by Sakukuld on 08-03-2011 at 04:40 AM

I was wondering how long can it take. Like weeks or a month? Have had that problem for a while and finally it has a solution.

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by mich999 on 08-05-2011 at 07:33 PM

Hi everybody,

We want to test an experimental fix, made by our team, for the Nvidia issue. Since this problem was reported only for some Nvidia cards, that we don't have in house, we highly count on your collaboration.

For all of you having this issue, and willing to confirm that our  fix works (or not), please write to us to support@kimahrisoftware.com. We will send you a link to this experimental version of Messenger Plus! 5.02.

Our team appreciates very much your help!

Sabri B
Project Leader
Kimahri Software

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by tiagophenom on 08-08-2011 at 03:31 AM

i have ATI Graphics and have same problem.

some times i can see sound pack but cant send any sound, i cant use any option of plus on my messenger.

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by Dead Apostle on 08-11-2011 at 02:36 AM

Message sent o/
Thank You for the hard work !

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by wolverinemaister on 08-13-2011 at 01:06 PM

I've the same problem with the same laptop (Inspiron N5110, Nvidia 525M GT). is there an available patch for this?

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by xyz-rugila on 08-13-2011 at 01:16 PM

I have the same problem with the same laptop (Dell XPS 15, Nvidia 540M). is there an available patch for this?

Help-me =\\

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by Tochjo on 08-13-2011 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mich999
For all of you having this issue, and willing to confirm that our  fix works (or not), please write to us to support@kimahrisoftware.com. We will send you a link to this experimental version of Messenger Plus! 5.02.

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by wolverinemaister on 08-13-2011 at 03:37 PM

Message was sent a long time ago ... :S

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by Nathalie on 08-15-2011 at 03:34 PM

The fix is now public.  Simply download version 5.03.0.716 from the www.msgplus.net website -  released today!  (August 15, 2011) 

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by FREAKJAM on 08-17-2011 at 03:22 PM

fix not working for me :(

RE: Plus! and multiple video cards (Nvidia control panel) by guteres on 08-25-2011 at 03:43 PM

It is not working on my laptop (Thinkpad W520).
Graphic card: Quadro 2000M for Optimus.
CPU: i7-2720
MSN Version:2009 Build 14.0.8117.416 (Traditional Chinese)