Shoutbox

Installation Problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Skype (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Skype Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Thread: Installation Problem (/showthread.php?tid=98884)

Installation Problem by traktorz on 02-06-2012 at 07:39 PM

I am trying to install Messenger Plus for Skype, but every time it gets so far, and then says there has been a problem while trying to install and to try again later. I have tried again and again and I keep on getting the same message. There is never an error code or anything. Is there anything I can do?

RE: Installation Problem by matty on 02-06-2012 at 07:46 PM

Likely an issue with downloading the installer from the web. Clear your temporary internet files and possibly power cycle modem/router if accessible.

Unfortunately YunaSoftware doesn't make available an offline installer for Plus! Skype that I am aware of.

RE: Installation Problem by traktorz on 02-06-2012 at 08:03 PM

Sadly deleting temp files and restarting my modem/router didnt help the installer at all, it appears to stick downloading the content. Would they be releasing an offline installer in the near future possibly?

RE: Installation Problem by matty on 02-06-2012 at 08:10 PM

They haven't been for a while now but later tonight let me see if I can find out.

RE: Installation Problem by traktorz on 02-06-2012 at 11:04 PM

Okay, thanks

RE: Installation Problem by matty on 02-07-2012 at 01:12 PM

All of the content can be downloaded outside of the installer however making use of it is another story.

Also I noticed that the downloads are roughly 2MB or 8MB and download at 120~Kb/sec. This is horrible considering I am on a 12Mb connection. They need to upgrade their throughput on http://mirror10.msgpluslive.net.

RE: Installation Problem by traktorz on 02-07-2012 at 02:59 PM

Thanks for having a look at it matty. Is there any way that they may be able to upgrade the throughput to allow for a higher download speed? Or will there be no change till others start experiencing the problem in a big way?

RE: Installation Problem by matty on 02-07-2012 at 03:22 PM

You're definitely not the first to have issues with the web installer. For whatever reason YunaSoftware feels the web installer is a better  option although we keep telling them otherwise.

RE: Installation Problem by traktorz on 02-07-2012 at 04:17 PM

So basically theres very little chance that they are going to do anything about it since they have their mind set that the web installer is better?

RE: Installation Problem by matty on 02-07-2012 at 04:46 PM

My suggestion would be to get in touch with them at support@yunasoftware.com or support@kimahrisoftware.com.

I think it forwards to the same people. You can also email nathalie@yunasoftware.com. She is the community liaison.

RE: Installation Problem by traktorz on 02-07-2012 at 08:24 PM

I tried to email them but I'm not sure if the email sent...I got the message returned to sender but it didnt tell me which emails it successfully sent and which ones it didnt. Hopefully ill get a reply soon!

RE: Installation Problem by matty on 02-07-2012 at 08:50 PM

Likely the first bounced back.

RE: Installation Problem by Sunshine on 02-07-2012 at 09:23 PM

support@yunasoftware.com does not exist anymore

RE: Installation Problem by Nathalie on 02-08-2012 at 09:53 AM

Thanks for downloading Messenger Plus! for Skype and bringing this to our attention.  We are planning a full, independent installer in addition to the current Web installer.

RE: Installation Problem by Spunky on 02-08-2012 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathalie
Thanks for downloading Messenger Plus! for Skype and bringing this to our attention.  We are planning a full, independent installer in addition to the current Web installer.

Slightly off-topic, but does this also mean there will be an offline installer for Plus?
RE: Installation Problem by Nathalie on 02-08-2012 at 07:05 PM

@ Spunky,  yes, offline installers are planned both for Messenger Plus! for Skype and Messenger Plus! for Windows Live Messenger.

RE: Installation Problem by Winchester on 06-20-2012 at 02:39 AM

Hello Nathalie,

I too am having this issue. Is there an ETA on the offline installer? I tried the link posted by matte earlier in this thread, but it goes to a forbidden page. Is there another link for that page?

RE: Installation Problem by pack on 06-20-2012 at 10:33 AM

Hey i had this same problem and i solved it... I opened the installation using OPERA web browser and opera gave me the option of SAVING the installation file where as crome didnt... I then ran the installation from the downloaded program and... presto.... it worked ^_^ I hope this works for all of you too

RE: RE: Installation Problem by Nathalie on 06-21-2012 at 08:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Winchester

I too am having this issue. Is there an ETA on the offline installer?

It's in the pipeline but there is no estimated delivery date yet.    Is the new version any better in terms of your installation experience?