Shoutbox

Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Skype (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Skype Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype (/showthread.php?tid=99955)

Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype by Schockwave on 01-16-2013 at 05:11 PM

I have installed Messenger Plus to work with Skype, and cannot see it anywhere. Checked in tools-options-advanced-manage other programs, and nothing shows up there. Even went to the trouble of uninstalling Windows Live Messenger, not sure what else I can do, as I have also uninstalled and re-installed both Skype and Messenger Plus. Any ideas anyone?

RE: Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype by krypton on 01-16-2013 at 06:00 PM

Which is your operating system, Windows XP or a newer OS (Vista, 7, 8)? The operating system type is 32 or 64 bit?

These are the steps that I've follow for installing Messanger Plus! for Skype on Windows 7 64 bit:

1- install Skype
2- install Messenger Plus!
3- open Skype
4- open the Messanger Plus! executable that is located in this path (in Windows Vista, 7, 8 - 64 bit):

quote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus! for Skype

And then double click on "Messenger Plus! for Skype.exe".

Now you should see an exclamation mark in the system tray (lower-right part of the screen), near to the Skype icon.
Right click on the exclamation mark, click on "Set preferences &  Options..", select Toolbar's menu, tick off the box "Start Messenger Plus! for Skype automatically".
By doing this configuration, every time you will run Skype the Messanger Plus will open itself automatically.
RE: Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype by Schockwave on 01-16-2013 at 06:22 PM

Thank you so much for your reply, the next time I am on my PC, will try that. I have Windows 7 32bit.

RE: RE: Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype by krypton on 01-16-2013 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Schockwave
Thank you so much for your reply, the next time I am on my PC, will try that. I have Windows 7 32bit.
In Windows 7 32 bit the path of Messenger Plus! application should be this:
quote:
C:\Program Files\Yuna Software\Messenger Plus! for Skype

RE: Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype by Schockwave on 01-16-2013 at 06:57 PM

Thank you, once again.

RE: Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype by Schockwave on 01-17-2013 at 11:22 AM

Thank you so much for your help, that worked!:D(Y)

RE: Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype by legendario on 01-27-2013 at 04:47 PM

I had the same problem with my pc. I go to Start and I can see Messenger Plus for Skype. I click there and then it shows on Skype.

RE: Messenger Plus not showing up anywhere on Skype by KRG123 on 01-27-2013 at 06:10 PM

Hmm.... Doesn't work for me. I have Windows 7, and in the file location you gave, it was just a file named MsgPlusForSkypeService . Can you find another way to get it work, or is it just my PC that is an idiot? :p