What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encryption issues

Encryption issues
Author: Message:
Grem

O.P. Encryption issues
I have been using the chat log encryption feature on my home computer as a just-in-case method of protecting some sensitive business conversations. These encrypted files were looked at fairly regularly by me to check on some important information. However, recently I have not been able to check these files, as the encryption password has changed. I am not sure how this has happened, as very few people have access to my computer, and my password (which to my knowledge no one else knows) would have to be known in order to change the encryption password. Currently I have disabled encryption for all new conversations, but this does not change the fact that I am locked out of some important files and I have not been able to find any way to access them. Is there any way to disable the encryption on these files now? This is a matter of fairly high importance, so any advice offered would be much appreciated.
07-25-2004 02:27 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Encryption issues
When you disable encryption and then re-enable it, Plus should ask if you want to re-encrypt your logs, try it.
However, I think there's a bug with this :undecided: (I think Patchou said he was gonna check it).
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
07-25-2004 04:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: