What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Tabs

Tabs
Author: Message:
uisge

O.P. Tabs
First, Plus is a great enhancement.  Many Thanks to Patchou and everyone who has helped with it's development and testing. 

In addition to Plus I use t he Tabserv patch to get cutom tabs.  I really like the ability to have frequently accessed web paged, news, tolls, etc available to me in tabs.  I just really hate that the custom tab patch relies on an external server that seems to be down reasonably regularly.

It would be really great if Plus or some plugin for plus allowed custom tabs to be easily configured with a configuration stored locally (like we had before messenger 6.2).  With the current architecture of Messenger and Plus is that even possible?

Regards,

Uisge
11-09-2004 11:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Tabs
quote:
Originally posted by uisge
I just really hate that the custom tab patch relies on an external server...
That's the way MSN Messenger works, nothing can be done to change that.
quote:
...that seems to be down reasonably regularly.
It was only frequently down a few weeks ago because the MSNFanatic servers (where the TabServe Service is located) were being moved. TabServe is almost always online.

quote:
It would be really great if Plus or some plugin for plus allowed custom tabs to be easily configured with a configuration stored locally
Since MSN changed it to an online service, many attemps have been made by people to make it locally again. Nobody succeeded....

This post was edited on 11-10-2004 at 03:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-10-2004 03:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: