What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » "Chat Only Name" feature?

"Chat Only Name" feature?
Author: Message:
PogoAddict

O.P. "Chat Only Name" feature?
I have searched through Messenger Plus! Live's features & I've looked through the scripts; I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  Maybe someone out there can help me.  This is what I'm looking for...

If my Messenger name is, say, "Daniel is looking forward to tomorrow", then when I say "Hi" to someone, this comes up in the conversation window:

Daniel is looking forward to tomorrow says:
Hi

But rather than have my entire Messenger name come up in the conversation window, I just want this to come up:

Daniel says:
Hi

This is a feature called "Chat Only Name" that is available with the StuffPlug plug-in.  Unfortunately, it's not compatible with WLM 8.5 BETA.  And since this feature is the only reason I ever installed StuffPlug, it would just be so much nicer if I could do this through Messenger Plus! Live, which I love so much more :)

Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

This post was edited on 10-14-2007 at 09:46 PM by PogoAddict.
10-14-2007 09:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: "Chat Only Name" feature?
to get stuff plus to work with 8.5 read this http://www.stuffplug.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1283

and as for been added to plus! it won't happen, as patchou doesn't want to steal other peoples ideas
10-14-2007 10:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
PogoAddict

O.P. RE: "Chat Only Name" feature?
Thanks for the link toddy.  I saw that though before I posted my original message.  Unfortunately, I'm not that comfortable messing with .dll files or registry hacking (translation: n00b :P), especially when this feature would just be nice to have & is certainly not a "necessity".

I appreciate you taking the time to respond though, TY :)

I guess my best bet will be simply to wait for WLM 8.5 to go out of its BETA phase & wait for a compatible version of SP :S
10-14-2007 10:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: