What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encoding problem.

Encoding problem.
Author: Message:
peraltaxsi
New Member
*


Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 2011
O.P. Encoding problem.
Hi.
For some personal reason I wanted to recover some lost conversations after format my disk. I use Disk Genius (from Hiren's boot CD 14) and I recovered many of them. The problem cames when I open them; they're in a weird code. I seek for many code converters in Google, but it wasn't succesfull. I tried: HTML, ASCII, binary, hex and base 64. I'm just wondering if there could be a way to decode it or repair it, or if it's just simply 100% corrupted. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

8mäe% :@­ºu|è"Ì<@ƒ,àà:“}¤Á"FhÓÞ«^¼‡l-XÂWa wGà3W"H‘ǯã÷·fë™%Q2Z¤¼MI‚|J@¨"“< ‹Š^ ´E=ôuÀ}”.Ϧòïs¹=S™Ué«ÖI¥3Ï9øü B“õØ$”¨Ñaö×¹ñšC`ÅKE�l,[�3NÄ\fôIôÀà�Ѥkt›tìJÌ”.ÏùZω:xkd^ý/ÓhL3p70H'$S“ñÞèzhBü×™ñŽ8hf,"jûöÆïAýcÚ­R{0fêGxÏ@Õ7´ÕðÙsQªo±ŠúHï`m€ò3—’±¨Ž    Ý6±OZ˜™Ä4” 4“R˜¡”ýÕ÷x/ˆ‡ËΣˆGÚŸCæÀX²™\ ÛÆ8ò�röÊ£wÍ ´p‹TtuJ—|¼    ¥Êí#Úò®ž¦"Ñ¢(”wtgç›x·&[—º¸‡ÕnÂ?½¹ÇC†”S�;w‡M�7wÿ/¦Ô¡g#¦ÔT¢ÉÉw{ƒ‹ u¤Ð…ëc)�ò g€Â½³¥ųº˜ƒ­É7ìþ_l�eÏF ÀEÔØºw{•¬¼QþÍyí�„ö¨�ïZÿ—vzŸ9¯�ø¨v©ñô8/œ8Ò=©?™ÿþ«i>V_Ñm�Ÿà]J–\C+''ºìáNÖ#ß ?)õà/PwÅ3a»9­e·£âR§é�^<‰€ŠõµwÏ�[IY.ê¯BûÝw�Ê3ݼH¿VÇliLÿù;Q²*õ}rž¤Fáÿ‡ka…ÉXÓ;Çãæakšæ0 LëWò^éTÿVOáb ³ùЪÌ_"èßþ-ÄUÔƒ¶Ã½$ÊìtÄL†Ô÷5‡Í�«3‰&‹ j(Þ8jFì¿ÚaæúÄZœäà5üøF/îêÿèÁ§ÃÐK*Ô„i"_€—Ãh×.‘ò’•ïÔÿ!YÔ£Ø]–Ù໬¼…ü0í¹ö eN�’ä?é¨v¼E�ozƒøÀøK¼õiÎN7rAE áÕØ    �¹²쀜ò4px®‰xEÛ´dq´ Àïëa ˜:—YÏJ'ÒD�O¼žîG_ÿ_dàñ­OCCXœ;ÔÁÚmÙ5L»ë¼ù¨´ÿÙùíßißõ?µ_Õ~2µ_Ý~ãtSÛ.¦ŽBÂ÷µ­Z)ŸØT2ëèHþœ®,@°R�—–�yûèËP¦ÇôÎÁã¶z¤¸¼ëµóèp˜ÜCŒÒž¿FñN71æñƒÈ; ñR!’܆5/Ébß­^†|â–K_ãÌ!³9Y‚œÏŸJ@Z˜_ȹC󈕷ît—Th‰2Ë¡íEK§·�“:ß&Åx6Ã[n/ðÄú²¶¨¼S    c·|ôUî•Èo½ŠÖÃ0îMÁÒßÁÖZ@�IÚxØÊ´[B\Fýaš­º�]î¹xkŒç"6ï30è©õMÊýÕ˜‡-&8¼[ƒç¢JäTÑ~ü³(j°´ì¢ç&†jtdƒð¬t£N±9X^“ÑgVyîô·l·xRÀ÷\âÇ#4ÎKò& €óâ™ “òÆžc…Zf÷Ž®Pär(âI�n%£ß>Ei D¡E'ÅY‰–åxìxéZ¥n‚ªe¤† õmà¤Q²óvø´ŠÌ“;È<±h}'c4ýhýëBŽ2<Éáðµ*ûŠò|ŒhÛXÑTµå€wq‡n`Ne´ß1¨ì ¢ÝšÑìÖ27]æßƒ«*¹Z 7y|Ž.dÙ<­T«úêhƒ^œw˜ÿ?sÃwÛJ\Ûúi –¤ói㓤ªñ˜z§8Kö>ØÖJl¶£Ü/qÿ Pc¾¯ &pÝ[�¿Ñv`*ãCÌ©Þtn¨ 4ðšmZ¼Ãáv»Q×ì»ôÞçû¼§±¥    LxÏtp§ºd‡ç+ôTñä…|�b¯#œ˜vú“?ò;5ÑéK»ÛŽÞ¼Õ‹*˜zI'ˆ\*n¼CG¥GÕtÿ

:(
11-25-2011 03:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member
*****

Avatar

Posts: 15494
Reputation: 173
– / Male / Flag
Joined: Jul 2003
Status: Away
RE: Encoding problem.
They either are 100% corrupted...
It is not because certain recovery software says files are recovered that they actually are recovered. The filenames may be recovered, but the actual contents may not (many recovery packages, even professional ones, can not automatically detect this) because it was already overwritten by other stuff.

Or they are encrypted Messenger Plus! log files.
But there is absolutely no way you can decrypt them if you do not know the correct decryption password. There is also no way to recover/crack the password; it is not stored anywhere.

But if the contents you've showed in your post is the beginning of such a recovered file, then I can already say for sure that those are not encrypted Messenger Plus! log files either (an encrypted log file always starts with the string 'MPLE'). So the only conclussion left is: completely corrupted.

This post was edited on 11-25-2011 at 04:11 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-25-2011 04:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
peraltaxsi
New Member
*


Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 2011
O.P. RE: Encoding problem.
Oh... :(
They aren't encrypted, so, they're corrupted.
Thanks for everything.
11-25-2011 05:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »


Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread:

Forum Jump:

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new threads
You cannot post replies
You cannot post attachments
You can edit your posts
HTML is Off
myCode is On
Smilies are On
[img] Code is On