What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Convert logs

Convert logs
Author: Message:
simmosn

O.P. Convert logs
Using the search tool, I was able to find many threads about converting MSN log files to the Plus format.

However, I was wondering it there was any way of converting Messenger Plus log files to the xml format of MSN logs.

Thanks in advance (Y)
03-22-2005 05:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Convert logs
No, I'm afraid there isn't, the default format for messenger plus! chat logs is .txt and i'm sure it will stay the same because of the decreased file size.
03-22-2005 05:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
simmosn

O.P. RE: Convert logs
That's a shame, as the only function of Messenger Plus I use is the loggin function, so obviously if I could use the one built into MSN 6 it would be better.

But surely it's theoretically possible? I mean all the info contained in the xml files is contained in the txt files, so it would be just a case of having an application that read in the txt files, extracted the relevant information, and outputted it to the xml format?

I'm going to knock up a PHP script in a bit if I have the time to hopefully do this.

This post was edited on 03-23-2005 at 05:03 AM by WDZ.
03-22-2005 06:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Convert logs
don't double post, that's against the rules. If you want to add something to your previous post, then hit the "Edit" button.

---

Not all information is stored in the TXT files from Messenger Plus! (compared to the XML logs of MSN Messenger). Eg: contactnames can be shortened in the TXT file.

Also, I don't quite understand what you want precisly. Do you want XML logging or TXT logging?:
quote:
Originally posted by simmosn
as the only function of Messenger Plus I use is the loggin function, so obviously if I could use the one built into MSN 6 it would be better.
If you want to use the one in MSN Messenger itself (XML logging), then turn in on, no?

Or do you want TXT logging from inside MSN Messenger itself? If so, that is not quite possible. Although, there is an XSL file (the file which defines how the log from MSN Messenger will look) which is modified so the log will look like a Plus! TXT log. But the XML logs will still exist though, only the output of that XML will be Plus!-like.

For further reference see: "CookieRevised's reply to convert xml logs to txt plus-like logs"
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-23-2005 05:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
simmosn

O.P. RE: Convert logs
Sorry if I didn't make it clear what I wanted exactly.

I want to start using the i built in XML logging from MSN and turn off Messenger Plus logging.

However, I also have a large amount of logs in the txt format that I want to convert to XML.

Hope that clears it up :)
03-23-2005 12:04 PM
decimal

Huh?  RE: Convert logs
hi, i was looking for some information about converting logs, and i feel this thread is the most adapted to my question.

Well, i've been using MsgPlus for three years, and it's becoming a long list of logs, with much folders.

I want to backup all my logs in all my folders in a clear format (i mostly preffer the .txt format).

In the MsgPlus! options, i am allowed to remove the password of my .ple files but it converts only those in the root of my chat logs folder (and forget to converts one or another).

My question: is there any tool, any plugin, any converter, or any efficient technics to convert all ple files in My Chat Logs folder, including subfolders?

Or will i waste my time moving ple to the root and then again to another folder, switching password protection on and off, repeatedly. (approximatively 730 ple files in 70 folders...) :o

bonus question: and a tool to merge different logs into one file?

Thanks in advance!

This post was edited on 11-29-2005 at 10:53 PM by decimal.
11-29-2005 10:51 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: