What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Encrypted Chat Logs = Not Requesting Password After Time?!

Encrypted Chat Logs = Not Requesting Password After Time?!
Author: Message:
Infamous

O.P. Huh?  Encrypted Chat Logs = Not Requesting Password After Time?!
This issue has been going on for quite a long time now, I've seen other users ask this question before, but it doesn't seem to have been resolved for some odd reason.

Issue: When I log my chat conversations(encrypted with a password), it will save as usual for a certain amount of time, then after - will continue saving chat logs without a password(meaning anyone can view it). I'm strict on privacy, because their are many users here that use this PC.

Tried: 1) Creating a separate folder for my Encrypted Chat Logs, and I get the same result as mentioned in the "Issue" section

2) I've also created a password, so that no one can alter my preferences, and still ends up with the same result.

Considering: I'm considering doing a clean uninstall and reinstall, however the previous user(s) that have tried it mentioned that it failed.

Temporary Fix: The only temporary fix for this issue seems to be, to re-password my Chat Logs every time it decides not to, and click apply(which in fact is quite annoying).

MSG Plus Version: Messenger Plus! Live 4.23.276

Any tips/suggestions/advice or even a simple answer would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
11-23-2007 01:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Encrypted Chat Logs = Not Requesting Password After Time?!
it sounds like somebody is messing around with your settings. If encryption fails for some reason, logs are certainely not supposed to be recorded in plain text (it just fails silently).

Can you confirm the fact that nobody could have access to your system to change your encryption settings? anybody else with this issue?

This post was edited on 11-23-2007 at 06:22 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
11-23-2007 06:21 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Infamous

O.P. RE: RE: Encrypted Chat Logs = Not Requesting Password After Time?!
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
it sounds like somebody is messing around with your settings. If encryption fails for some reason, logs are certainely not supposed to be recorded in plain text (it just fails silently).

Can you confirm the fact that nobody could have access to your system to change your encryption settings? anybody else with this issue?

Thank you for your prompt reply, however - no one would adjust my settings, as it requires a password to change any of my personal settings, so that's a definite no.

The other users that use MSN Messenger & MSG Plus on this PC - do not use the chat logging feature, as I personally disabled it for them.
11-23-2007 11:28 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Encrypted Chat Logs = Not Requesting Password After Time?!
[small addendum]
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous
as it requires a password to change any of my personal settings, so that's a definite no.
unless they change it directly in the registry... you don't need any pwd for that...

[/small addendum]

This post was edited on 11-23-2007 at 11:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-23-2007 11:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Infamous

O.P. RE: Encrypted Chat Logs = Not Requesting Password After Time?!
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
[small addendum]
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous
as it requires a password to change any of my personal settings, so that's a definite no.
unless they change it directly in the registry... you don't need any pwd for that...

[/small addendum]

They are not advanced users, nor would they know or want to change it via Registry or at all for that matter.
11-23-2007 11:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: